Lauren Gregg "resigns" from the leauge

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by FearM9, May 3, 2003.

1. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    yeller, again, if greg was not hired as coach after tony left, it was not to placate the players. anyone who would assert otherwise is certainly out of the loop. were there rumors flying about the players possibly not wanting her to coach? you bet. wonder where the rumors started? could it have been the fed which had no intention of hiring her from the beginnning? could it be that they were looking for an "out"? moreover, no matter what some, and I will admit that "some" players may not have been crazy about the idea of gregg as a coach, they would now roll out the red carpet for her after having endured 3 years of april heinrichs.

2. yellercard2

yellercard2 New Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Check the original post above...I speak about Gregg's inability to land a coaching job in the WUSA! You, on the other hand...err foot...continue to argue about Gregg and the National Team. It is truth, and well supported by many National Teamers, that players did not want to play for the annoying Gregg. As for the National Team, I still think that Pigs will fly first! Any thoughts on why Gregg did not receive an offer to be head coach at UVA?

Thanks for your time!

3. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    you brought it up...too bad you continue to spread the doo doo....it is a crock...and a big one....I have no idea about the uva....oh please enlighten us all! I find your posts most amusing
    and I ask do you agree with what I said about April?
    I another have question for you...do you have one positive thing to say about WUSA?

4. Hamm-star

Hamm-star New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    Gregg:

yellowcard:

I know one yes...but she is a pritty big one, and i know one other through her. and everything that has been told to me demonstrates utter surprise
    and shock that she didn't get the position with the nats. i reiterate once again. she servived on the staff through two coaches, and numerous personel changes. If she was so hated, why did she remain appart of the team for so long. As for the WUSA, she took on a managerial role within the organization because she wanted too. She wanted to help the league any way she could. now she is ready to get back into coaching. simple as that.
    Why would the nat players dis-like a woman who supported them, when they were at odds with the U.S.S.F.

5. runbabyrun

runbabyrun New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    Gregg was the coach at UVA until she resigned to become full national assistant coach.

6. Hamm-star

Hamm-star New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    Gregg:

Thanks runbabyrun...that is what i heard but didn't know for sure. So I was not going to remark on it.