Latest Soccer Silicon Valley Newsletter (Wed, April 18, 2007)

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Airblair, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Airblair

Airblair Member

Dec 8, 1999
    Redwood City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear SSV member,

We're writing today with an update on Earthquakes Soccer's stadium negotiations, some other news items, and an exclusive offer for SSV members. Here's the latest:

- Many of you will have seen today's story in the Mercury News, headlined "SJSU's stadium talks hit roadblock." The article mentions that negotiations "'are deteriorating' and that an expected meeting of Kassing and Wolff later this week could be the final one." SSV's sources paint a much less dramatic picture of the situation. While there are still issues to be resolved, negotiations are ongoing and are expected to continue for a while yet. Simply stated, it's way too premature to assume that there are any insurmountable obstacles between the two sides.

- Thanks to everyone who has written San Jose's elected officials about supporting the new stadium. If you haven't let your voice be heard yet, our "Send a Message" page has all the info.

- As we have mentioned before, the USA men will be playing China on June 2 at Spartan Stadium. While that event is not an Earthquakes Soccer production, the Quakes will be assisting in a July 28 match, to be held at Spartan Stadium, featuring the US Women taking on Japan. Earthquakes Soccer has also set up the lodging for the teams for both games, at the Fairmont and Hilton hotels in San Jose. More details on the second match are forthcoming.

- Speaking of Earthquakes Soccer events, the Quakes are bringing MLS Futbolito to the South Bay on Saturday, August 11 (exact location TBA). There are two levels of registration for teams, Recreational and Premier. The Recreational teams include youth teams from U-8 to U-18, and any adult teams (men's and women's) that choose to register for the Recreational Division. Registration for the Recreational Division costs $120 per team. The Premier Division is for men's and women's adult teams who will be competing for a $3,000 purse, with the winners taking home $2,000 and the runner-ups getting the rest. Registration for the Premier Division is $150 per team. Teams can register online or by calling (877) 553-7294.

- Finally, we have a special offer from the California Victory, San Francisco's new USL-1 team:

Dear Soccer Silicon Valley,

The California Victory is a brand new professional soccer team in the Bay Area. The Victory will play all home games at legendary Kezar Stadium located in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park. The club is owned by historic Spanish club Deportivo Alaves and will be competing in the United Soccer Leagues First Division (USL-1).

It is with great pleasure that we invite all Soccer Silicon Valley members to take advantage of the Victory Founders Club Season Ticket Promotion. Soccer Silicon Valley members can get a California Victory Season Ticket for only $50 (Normally $125).

To purchase your Victory Founders Club Season Ticket please CLICK HERE or goto
    http://www.etix.com/ticket/online/packageSearch.jsp?package_id=3416&cobrand=californiavictorysoccer then enter: VictoryQuakes1 for the Password.

Thank you very much for your continued support of Bay Area Soccer and the California Victory.

Regards,

Yuri Morales
    California Victory

Thanks to the Victory for their generous offer.

That's all we have for now, but we'll do our best to keep you informed as things continue.

Yours in soccer,
    SSV's Board of Directors

2. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SSV's eternal optimism is comforting to read. Don't know if it is being TOO optimistic, but I hope they're right. Considering how fast we swung from, it's happening, to roadblock, I'm hoping they'll end up swinging back just as fast.

3. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also printed in this morning's Contra Costa Times.

4. doktordan

doktordan New Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Oakland, CA
    Those season tickets are looking mighty appealing.

5. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bought mine!

6. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    I am not sure, guys, if it is a good idea to publish the password in this forum.

After all, the discount is offered to members of Soccer Silicon Valley only, not to everyone who can read this forum.

From the other side, though, most of the readers (I hope) are the SSV members anyway.

7. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got mine too :D

8. leocal11

leocal11 Member+

Feb 7, 2005
    San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kassing also: sjsupres@sjsu.edu

9. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm there!

Mostly weekends though... but post game--either Kezar or Space G! :D

Cinco de Mayo! Be there!

10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Excuse me if I post this in different threads....Just want to know if there is any news yet from Wolff & Kassing's meeting?