"Lasst den Lukas in Ruhe Fußball spielen!"

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by   , Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    English article here.

When I read Hoeness' comments last week about Podolski I have to admit I was a little ashamed and so Overath's retort is completely understandable.

The last thing Germany needs is for their star striker to be unsettled so Bayern can push for a transfer.

2. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I think we can all agree...as good as Uli can be for Bayern......he needs an A$$ kicking every now and then.

3. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Uli's mouth has gotten him into trouble before..

Remmber when he said Bayern should move to Serie A? I think that was 2 years ago.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez

A little like Mourinho... hate him if he's not on your team.

I believe it was Beckenbauer that said that. :eek:

5. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Yep..the Franz and Uli show...tickets are stil available

6. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dead Fingers
    I think we can all agree...as good as Uli can be for Bayern......he needs an A$$ kicking every now and then.

This is how they do their thing. I've seen it for years.... This isn't some one time thing. Yes, you can say "hate him if he's not on your team". Uli is the best at what he does and he's ruthless. But that doesn't excuse some of the things they've done to keep themselves on top.

When I was a fan of theirs, Bayern's scheming, cheating and out and out "protected pillaging" of the league was so blatant, I couldn't stand it anymore and had to find a new club.

I'm not one who can turn a blind eye to that kind of s#it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DemmahoM
    Uli's mouth has gotten him into trouble before..

Remmber when he said Bayern should move to Serie A? I think that was 2 years ago.

Yes, Beckenbauer said it. It was when the DFB wanted to actually punish Bayern for breaking the Bundesliga TV Revenue Sharing deal. The DFB, finally pushed by the other clubs, were actually considering making Bayern return every illegal Euro (About 20 million of them, if I remember correctly) they obtained from blackmailing KirchMedia.

Not only did Bayern threaten to move to Serie A (Which UEFA would have NEVER allowed), they also threated to withdraw from the Bundesliga and start their own league.

If I remember, after all their threats of pulling out of the league, etc., Bayern paid "an undisclosed fine" and got away with it as they have everything else illegal they've done over the past 15-20 years.

7. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Wasn´t there something in 2004:
    I remember a fat guy, aka U.H., saying:
    "We will butcher Bremen. We will not only beat Werder,
    we must sweep them away."

And what happened: Bremen and became the first team,
    that become champion in Munich.

Btw: Hoeneß is funny, but the league needs people like him.

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [QUOTE="Eisenfuß" Eilts]Wasn´t there something in 2004:
    I remember a fat guy, aka U.H., saying:
    "We will butcher Bremen. We will not only beat Werder,
    we must sweep them away."[/QUOTE]

Germany fans won't like this one, but my favorite quote that came back to bite Uli in the ass was, "England Will Never Win In Munich In 100 Years!"

Then WHAM!! England lays that 5-1 asskicking on Germany at the Olympiastadion!

[QUOTE="Eisenfuß" Eilts]And what happened: Bremen and became the first team, that become champion in Munich.[/QUOTE]

I still get a chuckle when I remember Kahn on the ground after his "patzer" gifted Bremen that first goal. Just one of his many silly errors that season.

[QUOTE="Eisenfuß" Eilts]Btw: Hoeneß is funny, but the league needs people like him.[/QUOTE]

More with his passion and love of the game, yes. No doubt.

9. Matschr

Matschr New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    And Dortmund is a saint club? I don't think so ;)

10. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    A Dortmund fan shouldn't really be too loud on all this. I remember the Dortmund fans during the BVB's heyday in the mid-90s were an arrogant bunch just like Bayern fans.

11. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Personally I believe that Bayern should not buy Podolski. Let him stay in Köln. He's a Kölner by heart and it would not be righteous making him wear the Bayern shirt when he is not keen on it anyway. Köln fans have gone thru some misery in recent years, Poldi is their only source of joy, frankly, I would hate if Bayern take that away from the Köln fans. Who knows, maybe Köln can stabilize and turn into a successful club again like they were in the 60s, 70s and 80s. Köln is a big enough city to house a successful club, if the management makes the right decisions, this club could become a Bundesliga powerhouse again. I would hate if Bayern would ruin all of Köln's chances in an act of selfishness.

12. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

i certainly dont want them to buy him anytime soon... we're fine with what we have...

and yeah, id love to see podolski be the catalyst in bringing cologne back up the ranks...

13. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Podolski is a big part of why Koln have had such a resurgant form but his transfer to Bayern or any other big club is pretty inevitable in today's football world.

I don't think Podolski wants to stay with Koln forever, as he surely will want to go for the big championships, especially since he's becoming Germany's number one striker.

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dortmund hasn't pulled 1/1000th of the s#hit Bayern has. Don't even give me that BS.

Find one illegal transfer transaction Dortmund has done.

"Illegal" = Against transfer/conduct rules

15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Where did I say anything about arrogant fans during this discussion???

16. SuperBayern

SuperBayern New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Seattle, WA, USA
    I completely agree. Bayern already have 4 high-quality strikers and stealing away Poldi truly would be unjust to Köln. Maybe he'll transfer to Bayern in a year or two (he is good friends with Schweini), but right now certainly isn't the time for either side. No matter who he plays for, however, I always enjoy watching him play. When Bayern play Köln this year, I wouldn't be too disappionted if he scores, as long as we still win the games.

17. bayern_man

bayern_man Member

Dec 18, 2004
    Scotland
    I have to admit,im glad im not a fan of any other German team,Bayern seem to snap up any player with real talent from other German clubs,and if it doesnt work out they sell him back to some other Bundesliga club. Also,i wouldnt like to try and buy a Bayern player Bayern want to keep,how many Bayern players have you seen being bought even though Bayern wanted to keep them?Not many,Uli,Karl-Heinz and Franz seem to be fickle businessmen,good for us,not good for other clubs,this is why im confident Ballack will either stay for a couple of years or Bayern will sell him for a good price.

18. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    When Ballack´s contract ends and other big clubs (e.g. from Spain) offer Ballack a good salary, Bayern wouldn´t see any money.
    But i don´t think, this will happen. Ballack likes to play for Bayern, he just says, he wants to go abroad, because he wants a better contract.
    So imo he continues playing for Bayern and ´ll earn more money.

19. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [QUOTE="Eisenfuß" Eilts]When Ballack´s contract ends and other big clubs (e.g. from Spain) offer Ballack a good salary, Bayern wouldn´t see any money.
    But i don´t think, this will happen. Ballack likes to play for Bayern, he just says, he wants to go abroad, because he wants a better contract.
    So imo he continues playing for Bayern and ´ll earn more money.[/QUOTE]

In the end, I think Ballack will stay with Bayern, but I don't think this delay is any negotiating ploy. I think he's really considering moving on.

20. Neuwiednetronic Kev

Neuwiednetronic Kev New Member

May 4, 2005

Yer agreed! I think there are other players that are also pretty good on the team, guys like Matip, Helmes, Sinkiewicz, Broeker, who are about the same age. Of course they've not performed as well as Podolski but there's still something there for them.

For me Podolski is not the only source of joy. I know what you mean, though, coz a lot of people, especially old people, treat Podolski as the messiah and they expect him to establish a Koeln dynasty all by himself.

Not going to happen, of course. I think "okay, yer he's awesome" but the way he plays at Koeln shows that it wasn't simply a case of the other teammates saying "lets just pass to Poldi and he'll knock it in from 30yards". It has always been a team effort, but it's been more effective since Poldi was part of it.

So if he leaves, there will be a lot of emotional stress, for the fans. However, on the pitch, things should not be that bad. Guys like Madsen and Szabics have enough experience and skill to score when it matters. Not to mention two other strikers podolski's age, Helmes and Broeker, who would love to grab the chance to become the next big talent from Koeln.

I don't blame Bayern for wanting to buy Poldi. It's just what's always been the case. I remember when Christian Timm first emerged they wanted to buy him but he's now all but disappeared. (At FCK I believe?). Ofcourse Poldi has been better than Timm, but it's just what Bayern is used to doing.

I hate to think Podolski will move on before the season starts, but I reckon I've got an opinion on what to do with all that money!!!