Landon's gone -- Who do we get?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Ringo, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hit that on the nail. Though, I see them as pure strikers with the ability to score goals. They are similar where they tend to benefit from someone who will feed them the ball, and then they will either move and fire or just make a strike into the net.

DeRo surpasses John where he tends to play more deceptively with his instincts, while Stern John tends to be the type who would rather just be handed the ball and shoot.

When the Canadians played against the Quakes in June, Yallop had DeRo playing midfield, so there's something about his skill level that could make him more versatile. Still, he's not a playmaker. Cheers!

2. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The "Stern-Turn" was deadly. No doubt about it.

3. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the sage from Concord's sockpup, er, alter ego is in the Land of the Rising Sun for the holidays and new year until he returns as ... you tell them... :D

-----

That guy was just too slick when he was playing here. Poor man's Dwight Yorke so to speak. If he didn't harbor any ambition of playing in England, he'd probably be up there with Jason Kreis, Preki, et al in the league record books.

4. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we can't get DeRo re-signed, I'd be happy to take Stern John! However, he's not Luisa Hernandez's cousin who once played in the third division, so I kind of think that MLS will try to make sure he goes someplace else, even any place else. I can see MLS giving Wade to CD Chivas as well. Then they can extort someone from us through a trade.

I know that I'm imagining the worst case senarios here, but I'm just preparing myself for a bleak reality. We're going to need some luck and some good discoveries.

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark