Landon Donovan

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by flanoverseas, Nov 14, 2003.

1. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    He is the best player in the world, you stupid non-americans. Just admit it, and stay out of our threads!

2. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    oops

meant to put this in rivalries...feel free to delete...

3. thedeuce_2

thedeuce_2 New Member

May 22, 2002
    Virginia
    Best player in the world??? That may be strecthing it. He is without question the most valuble player in the world. Without him, the US men would struggle to succeed. He is young and has a long way to go, but he certainly has the potential to be one of the maybe THE best player on the planet.

4. juventino3

juventino3 Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Lol! I love Donovan's game. He has a chance to be a world class player one of these days, but best in the world? No way. Either some of you are way too optimistic or you just have not seen enough international soccer to get a grip.

5. RoverMax

RoverMax Member

May 4, 2003
    NYC
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Donovan the most valuble player in the world? LMAO! And he has the potential to be one of the best players in the world? Wrong again. If he did some club would offer Leverkusen 20 million dollars for him, and that has not happened. You are overrating Donovan way too much. He is a good player, but he does not have the potential to be even close to being one of the best players in the world and there are MANY players who are more valuble to their national teams than Donovan is to the USA.

6. RoverMax

RoverMax Member

May 4, 2003
    NYC
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think he has watched ANY international soccer from reading that post.

7. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    This thread was meant to be a flame-bait. Nice to see you all go for it.

8. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    The 2nd post even says that I meant to put it in Rivalries...what's the smiley equivalent of hitting someone upside the head?

9. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    I don't know dude...but I wanna have some fun to :)

10. juventino3

juventino3 Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    I think most of us figured that flan was joking. It was thedeuce's post that got me laughing. He took it pretty seriously.

11. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Landon Donovan is the greatest player in the world. Zidane once said that he wished he had Landon's skill on the ball. Ronaldo is in awe of Landon's finishing ability and prays to a shrine nightly that by some miracle he might be as good a forward as Landon. Javier Saviola is sometimes compared to Landon. And everytime the young one hears, he blushes and bursts out giggling, he realizes what a compliment it is. UEFA is considering a rule change so that they might let Landon win the UEFA player of the year award. Michael Owen feels like a snail every time he sees Landon play. Kaka wants to BE Landon Donovan.