News: LaLiga official stretchered to ambulance while covered in blood after being hit by camera

Discussion in 'Referee' started by RichM, Feb 25, 2024.

1. RichM

RichM Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Nov 18, 2009
    Meridian, ID
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IASocFan repped this.
  2. El Rayo Californiano

Feb 3, 2014
    Apparently, the collision occurred when she was running back up field after Real Betis' first goal (Cuadra Fernández's report).

3. Law5

Law5 Member+

Mar 24, 2005
    Beaverton OR
    The camera man was ordered off by the referee and then returned later in the game. Wow. I mean, I know a pro game is a show more than a game, but this is the camera man interfering with the show.

El Rayo Californiano repped this.
  4. El Rayo Californiano

Feb 3, 2014
    If anyone is interested, Diario AS on YouTube has some still images that give a good sense of how this guy created the collision with Porras Ayuso.

5. soccerref69420

soccerref69420 Member+

President of the Antonio Miguel Mateu Lahoz fan cub
    Mar 14, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea DPR

6. SCV-Ref

SCV-Ref Member

Spurs
    Australia
    Feb 22, 2018
    Looks like the referee was giving the "goal" signal by returning up the touchline and the cameraman was going from point A (touchline position) to Point B (goal celebration position) via the shortest route rather than around the corner flag. I'm not excusing the cameraman, but I can see how it happened.

7. Mi3ke

Mi3ke Member

Oct 18, 2011
    New Mexico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't think that cameraman is going to get anymore gigs along the sidelines.

8. AremRed

AremRed Member+

Sep 23, 2013
    Vindication for my lazy ass only gesturing toward midfield. Take that, assessors!

IASocFan, RefIADad, Law5 and 1 other person repped this.
  9. El Rayo Californiano

Feb 3, 2014
    Porras Ayuso appointed to tomorrow's La Liga match between Cádiz and Granada.

10. El Rayo Californiano

Feb 3, 2014
    Porras Ayuso says she does not remember the match, let alone the specific incident. The video (from 2:31) shows the league's new arrangement for where camera operators can and cannot be.

IASocFan and gaolin repped this.