Lalas goes off on Chivas

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by subbuteo, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D

Don't worry, CD Chivas USA will get better. I'm just glad that someone mentioned that the other MLS teams aren't as bad as CD Chivas USA fans thought they'd be.

-G

3. Che chico!

Che chico! Member

Dec 21, 2004
    West LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As dissing as this article may sound he's actually got some good points in there. Yeah, he's doing pretty much the same trash talking that Vergara and Cue did when this all started but that's all it is.

Any press no matter how good or bad is really good. Chivas USA's situation is Jorge Vergara's fault. He's an idiot genious! An idiot in the sense he had no idea the level of our league was so high so he took for granted the fact that he may need some "great" soccer palyers on the team to compete. And a genious in the markteting of his brand.

But don't worry folks. Now that they've all of a suddenly shut up, they
    ve probably realized how stupid they were with their idiotic recruitment tactics and are preparing to make a real competitive team in 2006. They've gotten off to a great start by the new signings.

I'm sure in 2006 Chivas USA will be a dynamite team with many fans in attendance.

4. Paulnoku

Paulnoku Red Card

Jun 14, 2005
    I agree with Lalas

5. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fact that mistakes were made this year does NOT show that Vergara, Cue, etc. are dumb. They can and will learn from their mistakes. I bet the "you suck" allocations will be used more wisely and dead wood will be cast off. Chivas USA next year will not look like Chivas this year. I hope that true fans will see them through this rough patch and I bet they will be rewarded with a much better team after the transfer window and again next year.