LAG vs DC United 8/26 POST GAME THREAD

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by profiled, Aug 26, 2006.

1. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, you're probably right. And just so everything's perfectly clear: when I said "since the guy did break his leg" - "the guy" I was referring to was the injured player, as in his leg broke, as opposed to saying Ugo broke it - since I followed the discussion in that regard earlier as to whether Ugo broke it or it was just an unlucky/unfortunate incident based on how the guy fell, so to speak. And since I didn't get to see this on TV, I can't make my own decision.

I thought Dom was quite amusing - charging at the refs like that, Onstad holding him back. I think Dom will get a fine.

Good drama yesterday.

2. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The bottle at his feet :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    Lets keep it up Landon, another double isnt unreasonable.:D

3. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    post #71:

rep!! Cool thing to do, mate!

Also, the best antidote after your team just took it up the anus... be cool, acknowledge it, and move on, like Dave here.

It's hard to hate on cool ppl.

4. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    And that isn't a plastic bottle as claimed either... Look at the loser in the blue shirt! The expression on his face is "oh no first he beat us now he is making fun of us... this just sucks!"

5. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    Actually, I think it's plastic. Someone who regularly buys beer at DC games can verify or deny, but I think the beer bottles are indeed plastic.

6. New Mexican

New Mexican Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel sorry for the guy that broke his leg but I am glad you clarified it was not Ugo.

7. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Not too horrible a deal if its truly plastic. If its glass that's a different matter though...

8. Warrior_FC

Warrior_FC New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    If they threw a glass bottle, wouldn't it have broke?

9. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Beer bottles are resonably thick, and they are throwing it onto a grass field that hopefully isn't rock hard.

10. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have 8 remaining games? Okay; I hope we win them all, though.

11. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I just wanted to remind everybody of the following:

5-2.

Carry on. :D

12. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    Went to the last two Galaxy-DCU games at RFK and both times Donovan was a beast out there. What's a fan to do? a. take your beating and move on, these happen and b. take a moment and appreciate how talented this guy is. I'm glad he's in MLS.

13. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    All I have to say now is: DC WHO?

14. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

15. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    Though I threw a couple shots at the boards last night, I can't say I truly care what DC fans think of Donovan. He consistently wins against them and the best they can come up with is that he didn't have a good world cup? Get a life.

I would like to have seen a better world cup, but right now we have a season to salvage and some playoff asses to kick. There's not a player in the league on par with Donovan and they can't just admit that and get on with it. Donovan has put the world cup behind him and is concentrating on some good soccer.

That's what champions do. He's captain of the double-winning defending champs and DC fans are pissing in their pants right now. I think they learned last night that they better eat their ********ing Wheaties if they have ideas of winning it all this year.

16. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: LAG vs DC United 8/26 POST GAME THREE

I was out of town and TIVOed the game, then spent the last 24 hours avoiding the score so I could watch it w/o knowing what was coming.

:)

Very, very happy I did.

Last year the USOC quarters win over SJ and a solid road victory at DC started our run to the double. Could history be repeating itself?

At least so much as getting us into the playoffs?

Wednesday will really be the litmus test. We can't afford to come off a big victory like this and slack off - every game left is big now - but our remaining games against our West competitors are especially huge.

Let's go Galaxy!

17. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    I have read most of the posts by those "Dumb Chicks United" and I cant believe how much they cry. Its gotten so bad over there that they are starting to fight amognst themselves. I tried to cheer them up by getting them to sing Karaoke but they just removed my post. This should be the new picture of the "DUMB CHICKS UNITED" (since they love sucking Argentinian D*i*c*k)
    [​IMG]

18. jbgeach

jbgeach Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Chattanooga, TN
    What is really sad about that picture is that none of those Guys made the Argentine roster this year. They really sucked bad in 2002, makes the US peformance this year a little more bearable

19. jgildea8

jgildea8 New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Capitol Hill
    The bottle was plastic (it is one of those that they try to make look like the glass ones)
    We gave him shit from the start and he did exactly what he should of done which is stick it in the back of the net.
    Tino taunting us before we even started surprised a lot of people, but it is probably better that we not be conflicted rooting against your team anymore.:D
    Good win for you, tough loss for us.

20. christopher d

christopher d New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Weehawken, NJ
    Boo! Hiss! What's with the reasoned outlook?

We want the Smurfs back! Why, oh why can't you just blame the AEG/Lalas/Garber cabal?!

21. jgildea8

jgildea8 New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Capitol Hill
    If it makes you feel any better I still hate you guys :D

22. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, I think special mention should be made of Albright, Ugo, Vagenas and Sturgis.

Those guys went the full 90 against FC Dallas the prior Sunday, then went the full 120 on Wednesday against Colorado, then flew cross country to DC and went the full 90 against the best team in the league (to this point) and whipped their butts.

And I should mention that Sturgis did that 3 game run as his first playing time back from a hernia surgery two and a half weeks prior.

Way to show some heart and desire boys...

23. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The women in the foreground seem to be having a good time.

24. bboynfuel

bboynfuel New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Harrisburg, PA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am here to back you up Dave. Thank you for rescuing the scarf, or at least the remains of it. I realize that there are some bad apples in every group, but I must say that this game was the worst MLS experience that I have had. I've also been to other DCU games before, including ones against the gaLAxy, and many other MLS games at Columbus and NY.

Besides the scarf stealing/burning (note that the scarf was ripped from my friend's hands before it was burned), I was pushed and had my wig stolen. The pushing wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a torn ACL and medial meniscus. My knee popped again when I was pushed. The wig was stolen from me as I was walking (limping, really) down the exit ramp on the way out.

I can handle taunting and language, and expect it while visiting another team's stadium. But physical abuse and theivery is unacceptable. And it's not like we were being jackasses ourselves. We were there to support our team and not trying to start anything. I defended comments and insults as necessary, all as expected.

I used to refer to DCU fans, especially Barra Brava, as the best the MLS has to offer. I will no longer be making that claim as I feel that a mojority of them are classless. I know that is a stereotype, but I haven't had this poor of an experience since visiting Morgantown, WV for a Pitt-WVU game. I even saw fans shouting extreme profanities at a family with a 12-year old. The only difference between DCU fans and WVU fans is that you have more teeth.

Again, thanks Dave for being a human being, more than I can say about some other of your fans.

25. Galaxysgirl

Galaxysgirl New Member

Apr 15, 2005
    Norwalk, CA

I agree with you Geneva. Guess that's why it's been proven that women are superior :D

Watched the game again last night.. beautiful. But's it's one game and we have a few more to go. Let's keep it up.