LAG sign Glinton and Randolph

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by RHSOCCER23, Sep 15, 2006.

1. RHSOCCER23

RHSOCCER23 Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Getting Glinton is a smart move for a team lacking a good forward off the bench and needing someone who can score.

3. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I don't even know what to say. It seemed we were OK with open roster spots and now we feel compelled to fill them all. Sure, why not?

We were also rumored to be interesting in a player from Vancouver. I think we still have dev spots open.

4. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Oh yeah, today is the last day to add someone to your roster. Better late than never!

5. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Here is a picture of Mr Randolph.

[​IMG].

From this link
    I don't know who Sabrina is, but since we are filling up the dev roster we might as well give her a spot too.

6. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are we getting the white or black Glinton? (Refer to FIFA 2002 or 2003 game)

7. duckworth92807

Aug 16, 2005
    The OC
    glad gav is coming back...he's a great guy and hard worker...plus his speed won't hurt

8. ohhh_yeah

ohhh_yeah New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Portland

that is my daughter...

you have a great young prospect in randolph... speedster, physical, hard to push off of the ball, can play in the back or in mid, very talented, great character off of the pitch...

we will miss him here in portland for sure... our team is in totally disarray at the time being... but randolph was one of a few this season who really stood out...

9. wufc

wufc Member

May 1, 2005
    UC Irvine
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright, I'm excited we get a player (Glinton) that's a star on his national team (Turks and Caicos Islands).

10. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
  11. shurikt

shurikt Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm, they seem to be proud of their vaginas, cockroaches and featherdusters. Sounds like a nice place!

12. wufc

wufc Member

May 1, 2005
    UC Irvine
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It actually consists of a lobster, conch shell, and cactus. But the name of the capital of T&CI is...Cockburn Town

13. Duke of Earl

Duke of Earl New Member

Mar 20, 2006
    We Battery fans will miss Gavin. He had a great season for us. He knows how to put the ball in the back of the net. Like last night in the 89th minute vs PR Islanders to gain a draw. Good for you, Gavin.

14. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    Gavin is back! I liked that goal he scored a couple weeks ago. We need some forwards, other than Gordon, who can take a shot without hitting the turf.

This also suggests to me that:

1. LD is dropping back into midfield, or

2. Herc or GLen is gone next season.

But it's too early to tell really. Lots of things can change off-season.

And Randolph is young! ANd a defensive-ish central midfielder? Ohh Yeah, any help on his position? I guess there is one position we won't be lacking.

15. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Sounds like a promising player. My understanding is that he plays the left side. Is that correct?

We could use a good backup to Jasic since he is getting older and would be good tradebait for Toronto.

16. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he can't score, send him back to hospital.

17. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glinton will be nice he has great speed

It seems like each time we get sombody we get a d-mid

18. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The thing is that we aren't getting "D-mids", it's that we are getting midfielders who aren't offensive geniuses. We don't even really use the "D-mid" position anymore. Not with both Nagamura and Vagenas in the center of the field. Neither is very offensive-minded, but their passing has gotten a lot better in the last two months.

But really - who have we gotten recently?

Martino - Left Wing or O-mid
    Santino - Right Mid/Forward
    Miglioranzi - Mid/Defender (ok, that's one)
    Hansen - Forward
    Jazic - Left Back
    Glinton - Forward
    Randolf - a (very tiny) defender

If Martino's hip hadn't exploded, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation, because we'd have Kirk, Quaranta, Martino, Gardner, and Cobi to go along with Vagenas and Nagamura.

19. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True because I think he could eventually fill in the AM and have LD as striker or you could play him wide like Grabavoy

20. ohhh_yeah

ohhh_yeah New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Portland

left back mostly. but can play on the right.. ineffective as a center back... this season he played in the mid and was effective... he likes to push forward... the thing i really liked about him is his ability to get forward and not balloon the cross every time like you see so many players do... and to top that that off he will then race back for a defensive breakup... i wish him luck with the galaxy but hope to see him back in Timbers Green...

21. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    When they get a new coach who actually shows up to practice maybe...

Randolph is with the same agent as Hansen. Mike is only 20 years old and started nearly every match for Portland, mostly as a left back in a 4. VERY fast and VERY strong, good defender 1v1, quite good technique, and left footed. He's the perfect prospect for a left fullback in a 4 player defense.

Paul Bravo has been tracking him for quite a while and actually recruited him to UCLA, but Mike didn't have the academics at the time so he went pro and simply played over 2000 minutes. I challenge anyone to name me 5 19/20 year old kids they know who could do the same and I'll make sure they get signed too!!!

22. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Topper again.

Good one!

23. ohhh_yeah

ohhh_yeah New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Portland
    the writing on the wall seems to say he will be back next season...

unfortunate for all Timbers fans!!!