LAG@HOU (RCB2HB) Sun 10/7 Noon TELE.

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by lou czar, Oct 2, 2007.

1. metalmilitia

metalmilitia New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    beat me to it.. looking forward to it though. once we have becks (maybe even albright) back we'll be unstoppable!

2. haaamean

haaamean Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Santa Ana, Costa Rica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Yeah Mulrooney can really crack shots from way out and put them on target. He doesn't setup the forwards like Clark does, but he's very dangerous. I just hope they're a little relaxed and already thinking about the playoffs but I doubt that will happen.

3. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Mulrooney is a better all-around player than Clark. They won't miss a beat. He's even been a playmaker for them from right back - he makes smart passes, gets stuck in on defense and gets things going forward for them. Very underrated player. He's not as dynamic as Clark, but he doesn't make mistakes either. Having him on the field does not make things easier for the Galaxy.

4. lou czar

lou czar Member

Sep 26, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, except he was on the field as a starter already. I remembered his reaction on boot to the head. Brad Davis probably?

Houston Dynamo -- Pat Onstad, Ryan Cochrane, Eddie Robinson, Wade Barrett, Richard Mulrooney, Corey Ashe (Stuart Holden 68), Ricardo Clark, Dwayne De Rosario, Nate Jaqua, Joseph Ngwenya (Craig Waibel 85), Brian Ching (Chris Wondolowski 87).

Substitutes Not Used: Paul Dalglish, Brad Davis, Patrick Ianni, Zach Wells

5. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct. He plays right back for them while Craig Waibel recovers from injury - and he did a great job, as I said, playmaking from the right back position. Now he'll be more central and closer to goal.

I guess where it hurts them and helps us is that now Craig Waibel will have to start. :)

6. lou czar

lou czar Member

Sep 26, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, well they have had lineup choices. Two other midfielders if they really want to keep Waibel off, or save him for defensive help. Luxury! Meanwhile we are here speculating on who is really well enough, and we have two choices at, hold on... I can think of one... left back!

7. lou czar

lou czar Member

Sep 26, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He fought the law and the law won!
    He fought the law and the law won!

I'm still the only one playing along here! Too serious :(

8. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    EXCEPT, he cannot go everywhere with Donovan, something that Clark can do. Still, I believe Houston plays strong enough team defense that they do not need to make man-marking Donovan somebody's exclusive duty. BUT, if they decide to do it and they give that task to Mulrooney, I think that DOES favor us to have him there instead of Clark (my opinion).

9. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I hadn't even thought how they were going to mark Donovan, and if it's Multooney's job and his job alone (I don't think Clark can mark him all on his own either for an entire game), then yeah, big advantage for us. I was only thinking about us handling Mulrooney and stopping his ability to make plays. I've gotta be more proactive. :)

10. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Crap, I just had a terrible vision in my head. Somebody (Tudela/Vagenas)
    better check him on those counter-attacks and make sure he doesn't get any open shots

11. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot Kelly was writing a bi-weekly article about the Galaxy.

The guys seem pretty loose, which is a good thing. I love reading about this kind of stuff.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=437503

12. New Mexican

New Mexican Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you mean relaxed?.

13. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    GREAT NEWS!!!! FC Dallas just beat the Crew 1-3 in Columbus. With the Crew having 31 points and 2 games left (road games vs NE Revolution and DC United), consider them out of they playoffs. So far, the Fire and NE Revolution are 1-1.

14. DeStruCtiON18

DeStruCtiON18 New Member

Jun 24, 2005
    bad news... Fire 2-1 over Revs. In the case that we tie with the fire in points, what then is the tie breaker?

15. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    TrickHog says we win a tie with Chicago. I'm not caught up on the reasoning but he's usually right.

16. JuiceBox

JuiceBox Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the first tie breaker is head to head competition. or atleast thats what means

17. lou czar

lou czar Member

Sep 26, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, if La and Chicago end up tied on points with only each other head to head tiebreaker first one. Of course we will be 2-0 in that scenario. Beat Chicago and a three way tie with Chicago, Columbus, and LA goes to LA. Tiebreakers with Colorado thrown in aren't favorable.

How many ways can it still play out....don't care yet! Let's talk about it after the game. Yeah, right now the team controls their own playoff destiny. CAN U BELEIVE? Please don't let it be like 2006, where by miracle we controlled our our destiny going into round 31, not so much in round 32. Its all about 2007. All it takes is a sloooooow roller.

18. lou czar

lou czar Member

Sep 26, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buck up little camper! If we win four, Chicago can only win 1, their next one, and they'll be done when the lose to LAG! Chicago and LA control their own destiny. Chicago has only 2 remaining! But under your scenario, LA is in, Columbus, and Colorado can't catch up. The Galaxy can't win four and be denied.

19. BrightEyesLA

BrightEyesLA New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Never Say Die.

20. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    Right, The magic number of points (Chicago points GAINED + our points DROPPED) is 4. One win doesn't do it for them, it only gives them 3 of the required 4.

21. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn Chicagos win was huge. We can't lose today to keep a realistic chance.

22. harry callahan

Jul 15, 2007
    Angel City Brigade
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    is the game getting streamed on the internet, its an 8pm kick off over here, so hoping someone can tell me.

23. illjazeera

illjazeera New Member

Jan 20, 2007
    no Randolph :(

24. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica