LA stadium webcam

Discussion in 'MLS: Expansion' started by The Voice of Reason!, Aug 4, 2002.

1. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    Waves are 10 feet on the North Shore today, could possibly get up to 20 by Friday. As for the weather, it is warm and cloudy with some rain.

High 85 Low 75

2. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    Next forcast will be out in April.

I looked at the video last night that I took, it is very short and only from one angle, but if anyone wants me to email it to them just PM me with your email address.

3. O'Dubhghaill Rules!

May 21, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
  4. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think the forecast for Honolulu ever changes. In summer it's usually hi's of 85-89, lows of 74-78, with a 50% chance of rain. In winter its hi's between 82-85, lows of 69-74, and a 50% chance of rain. I miss that kind of consistency in South Dakota.

5. usbfc

usbfc New Member

Sep 8, 2000
    New York City
    If that's not overcast and foggy weather, I hope some of us that aren't on the environmental bandwagon get on it. Could smog and pollution be that bad? If so... only an idiot would ignore it. And, regardless of whether or not it's that way today, it HAS been that bad other days on sunny skies.

So, the question. What IS the weather like this Halloween day over there?

6. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Halloween.... and it has been overcast (but no rain, it hardly ever rains in LA). Kinda nice. Wear shorts, or wear a nice suit jacket, and you'll be comfortable.

The thing about LA is that the weather very rarely changes. 89 in the day 59 at night. In winter, boths those go down by 5 degrees.

As for our pollution? Can't argue that. We got it. Worse than any other place I've seen in America. Because the city is trapped between the Santa Monica mountains and the Pacific, the ocean winds trap everything we spew right over us between the coast and the mountains. Hence the reason why during summer, they change the formulation of gasolene to help fight this.

Now... finally, as for this camera: IT SUCKS. Bright sunny days? Looks like a toaster oven. Clear spring days? Looks like a tinted window. Slightly overcast? Nuclear winter. And the resolution and placement leave much to be desired.

Check out the pics at the www.lariotsquad.net website for better representation.

tommymack

7. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    I was raised in LA, and go back almost once a year. The pollution doesn't seem as bad as back in the 80s.

Houston is the most polluted city I have seen in the USA, Seoul is the worst I have seen in the world.

8. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Phoenix can be pretty bad too, when there isn't any wind to blow everything out of the valley. But i haven't seen LA so I couldn't compare the 2.

9. snowfx2

snowfx2 New Member

Jul 28, 2001
    so cal
    More worse than Mexico City?

10. soccerdome

soccerdome New Member

Yeah, Mexico City is pretty bad...

11. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mexico City is also 7,000 feet in elevation so the air is thin to begin with and the horrid smog on top of it can make it a nightmare. I lived there for a year and a half. I would leave LA on a really smoggy day here, and when I got off the plane in Mexico City, my eyes would start to water as it was so much worse than LA.
    There was no strong regulation of exhaust emissions when I lived there ( early 80's ) and the population in the area was approaching 20 million.. I can't imagine being a soccer player and training there most of the year.
    LA's pollution has decreased in the last 20 years. A little ground has been lost recently due to the popularity of SUV's that get an exemption from the normal limits on emission levels but the state is looking to change that..
    As for the earlier debate on it seeming to rain here everyday because of the webcam pic.. Egads.. We are lucky if we get a 14 inch year.. Most of it coming in a few storms and sometimes half of it in one week (hence the mudslides). This last year was the driest on record in most of the LA region, I believe.

12. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well the web cam is crystal clear today
    enjoy it

13. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    Haven't been there, yet.

14. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bump

apparently this was asked for again

15. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
  16. snowfx2

snowfx2 New Member

Jul 28, 2001
    so cal
    This thread got lossed in the crash and then someone posted a new thread about the webcam. Then they found this one and brought it back.