LA moments

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by BBBulldog, Nov 16, 2004.

1. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

I met Knave. I was expecting a Charlie Chaplin style mustache, but surprisingly he was clean shaven. ;)

Seemed like a nice guy, so he might've been an imposter. :D

Actually, I think we might have to fly out to the HDC for the season opener, if it is indeed against the Goats, and THIS time, I'll try to party with Knave a bit if we do. As for the Goats, we have to give their goalie a proper Barra Brava/Screaming Eagles/La Norte type welcome to their team.

2. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    The rumor is that it will be Freddie's bitch!

3. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    How do ya say that in Spanish? :)

4. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    poota de Freddie?

5. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    Doh! Sorry...

I should have also mentioned that Knave appeared to be heavily sedated at the time, and said he would have strangled me with my own MLS Cup scarf if he could lift his arms that high...

;)

6. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I can't believe no one commented on the fact that I split my pants. I should've had someone take a picture.

:)

7. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    I would have, but at the game, you showed the split to me, I looked at it, and vowed that I would never speak of it again. Never. ;)

8. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I'm real happy that I was wearing underwear. :eek:

9. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, so many good memories
    ... not having one of Mike's pants ripping might be the best :)

... Seeing that the convertible I rented for the trip was BLACK
    ... Walking down to Naja's the first night and seeing the wall of beers
    ... Having it stop raining just before our planned drive up the PCH Saturday morning
    ... The great ride up the coast in the brilliant sunshine, we even saw some dolphins
    ... The walk along the Redondo Beach waterfront with my wonderful girlfriend before ending up at Naja's again Saturday night.
    ... Meeting a new Colombian friend there who insisted on me sampling some wonderful California agricultural product
    ... Packing my room full of coolers of beer
    ... Starting off Game Day in the shower with said girlfriend (if you know what I mean)
    ... Pulling into the HDC and seeing a few hundred of my closest friends (even though they were more interested in the beer) :)
    ... Squeezing into the front of the section around some of my favorite Eagles and Barra
    ... Annoying Bo
    ... Screaming like mad for 100+ minutes
    ... Buying a DC United 2004 MLS Cup Champion t-shirt (even if they were out of XLs) and hat
    ... Partying in the parking lot afterwards
    ... Partying at the Hilton with the team, eating some good food and great chocolates
    ... Kissing the Cup (again)
    ... Seeing Freddy Adu grab my girlfreind and take her over to talk to his mom when she told him she liked his diamond studs, apparently mom is not such a fan. Lisa told Freddy to buy Momma bigger Bling and she won't mind his as much to which both Adus roared in laughter and agreement ... nice folks those two
    ... Partying back in the hotel after that with some good friends, some of whom I think I just met
    ... Looking out the room peep-hole in time to see the bride rip her skirt-thing off to show me her garter belt
    ... The whole bride/groom drama
    ... Breakfast the next morning at Ruby's on the water with Brian, Lisa, Andy, and Andy's friend whose name always seems to escape me. Honeslty, I know who you are, I'm just piss-poor with names.
    ... Having Andy walk over and read the story in The Daily Breeze about the game in a voice you had to hear to believe... kind of a cross between Minnie Mouse and Marge Simpson - Andy left it all on the field, bless his heart (and larynx)
    ... The drive back along the PCH and then down to the harbor in Long Beach to the airport.
    ... Getting back home, and after seeing that the power went off sometime during my absence - verifying that it had gone off AFTER my DVDR recorded the game .......

I'm sure alot more cool stuff happened, and one day I'll even have time to rewatch the game ........

10. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    What is the deal with the bride and groom stuff? Something at the hotel?

11. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    Yes. It's about to become the "Room 237" story for this MLS Cup.

12. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And yet Paul and Marty were booked in room 237 in Rimando Beach...

K

13. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    Sadly, the legend was left in Braintree. I'm spoken for (and since Salma Hayek didn't come out drinking with us there was no chance of that being forgotten) and Marty didn't really try.

14. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Please do not kid when it comes to Ms. Hayek. Pints doesn't like that. IF indeed you had an opportunity to meet Ms. Hayek.

*Note to self:
    Hi Self, please bend over and kick yourself squarley in the arse for missing an opportunity to see DC in the Cup and meeting MS. Hayek.
    Regards,
    Self

15. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    No, no, no. My point is that that would have been the only way to get myself to forget that I'm spoken for. I always tell people that my "List of 5" is Salma Hayek five times.

16. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shh, let him think you saw her so he'll sign up for the next trip!

K

17. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

I see your fantasy is as grand as mine....only I prefer a dash of Elizabeth Hurley on my Salma Hayek Ice Cream Bar...

Note to self:

Hi Self,
    If you are going to don a cape of Blind Ignorance all season and believe DC United will win the MLS Cup even though they were playing like crap, be sure to actually save money for a trip to MLS Cup in case they do....

Next year K! Next year.
    Of course I don't like rednecks, and well it's in Dallas, so Tim will have to hold my bail money for me.

18. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fernando wanted me to post the following regarging his experience in LA:
    While you were in the lap of luxury in lalaland, at Bailey's we were 'slumming' with traditional beer. ;)

GM

19. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    That reminds me!!

I was standing next to Chico when we scored our first goal. At the time he had a pretty full iced lemonade slushie in hand. You can guess what he did with it. The entire contents of said slushie flew up in the air and landed on the neck of the guy in front of him. Said guy was none too pleased, but a good sport nonetheless. As I pointed out, "at least it's cold, it could have been coffee."

Tim

20. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Always look on the bright side of life.

21. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nah, that wasn't me. I was sipping my Margarita when that slushy crap came flying over my shoulder and hit the guy in front of us. I helped him wipe it off. I'll toss some crap RFK beer up in the air, no problem but a tasty $10 'Rita is a whole different animal. Mmmm, good to the last drop. :)

22. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    OK, my bad. I honestly thought it was yours, but that tells you where my attention really was at the time! Funny story nonetheless.

Tim

23. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kudos to the tolerant fan!

GM

24. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    put a small "travel diary" on the barra site.

25. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Brilliant! Why the fvck didn't I go?

Next year, "Funkfoot Does Dallas!"