La Liga - Simply The Best... (r)

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Cris 09, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This thread is for all Liga fans to discuss whatever they want to discuss about Liga, including how much better they are than Barcelona, now as well as historically and all the invitations to go to the Teresa Herrera Cups and all that great stuff that Liga do!

Discuss here and only here!

2. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Re: La Liga - Simply The Best...

Perhaps you should change the heading to Liga de Quito,cause La Liga sounds more like the Spain league to me,thats what I thought the thread was about before opening up the page.:p:rolleyes:

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I think in an Ecuadorian forum it is safe to assume that "La Liga" is in reference to "Liga de Quito", one of Ecuador's top 3 teams, as opposed to some other country's league in Europe.

4. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

yeah true lol

5. preyes10

preyes10 New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    ny
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I also thought this thread was about the spanish league...

You have to respect LDU they have done things right over the last few years..In my opinion they still have to do something better in la Libertadores..They have not done much....Making it to the 2nd round is not enough...

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Wow, I guess I was mistaken - For Ecuadorians to think of a foreign league rather than one of their own country's top teams probably means that unless a fan of Liga, this club is just a passive and secondary thought in many Ecuadorian's heads.

I'm a bit surprised, I must say!

I mean why the fukc's sake would anyone here start a thread for the Spanish League in an Ecuadorian forum - with "simply the best" on it for a title, no less???

Out of curiosity; Did anyone think the Barcelona thread referred to the team from Spain?? :confused:

Oh well, sorry for the confusion. MODs, please correct this error on my part!

Carry on!

7. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nice... I'm with you buddy. We create a thread for our team and all we get is Liga ppl inputing more than us in our own thread. Complex??? Oh well. now they have their home and can talk about all the glorious achievements of Liga.

8. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

Chill man don't jump in front of a train now,it's not that serious.The thread should be named so that not just ecuas can play with,but all who want to participate.And I'm pretty sure a non ecua who was to read it would automaticly think Spain.Plus how many trolls do have that have come over to our forums and have started BS threads??
    Anyways this thread should be looking pretty busy after Wendesday,since that is when Liga will win the Ecua league.

9. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

Oye Liga has past the second round de la Libertaodres various times,incluso casi llegando al la final de la Suramericana vs Boca Jrs.

10. preyes10

preyes10 New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    ny
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I want to see liga at least make it in the top 4 in la libertadores..A team like LDU that believes its the best in Ecuador at the moment must do better than top 16, or even top 8 (Just my opinion)....yes they lost to bolivar in the semis a few years back..but lets be honest La sudamericana is still not as prestigous as the Libertadores..sao paulo (un grande) does not want to play in that cup next year

11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I would have gladly taken the sudamericana trophy anyway

12. sebas/Liga De Quito

Feb 18, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

i think this year were going to do good in libertadores and sudamericana

13. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

As of right now, Liga de Quito is the best club in Ecuador, Noone can match their organizatiing from top to bottom. Mr Maruri and Noboa are try to "BUY" a very competitive Barcelona fro next year which is the short run is great but how about the "INFERIORES"???? Until Barcelona doesn't get hold of some long term plans its the same old song and dance.

14. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I can't believe we finally agree on something!

15. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

Ecuador's league is probably not even in the top 5 in south america. I don't think expecting them to be in the top 4 in la libertadores is fair.
    Personaly I believe that liga isn't great but that the rest of the teams just suck more then usual.

16. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

That's unfair. When was the last time anyone in Ecuador said.. the best team won or barcelona had an Excellent club but lost to an awesome liga? IT's always the excuse of that club was a disaster and that's why they won.

17. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I'd also have to disagree, considering the fact that teams like Olmedo, Azogues and Cuenca have been closing the points gap that the usual suspects always lead....there is increasing parity among our clubs, even the Serie B was incredibly competitive this year...Everyone almost had it written in stone that Papa Aucas was gonna come right back up and they stayed down because of Catolica who's always fielded pretty good teams in the B but even more surprising was a Tecnico Universitario coming up in the ranks....all arguments aside, looking at the top flight leagues in South America, I'd have to say we are top 5, aside from Argentina and Brazil, most countries have one or 2 clubs that are really strong and have a pretty ************ other 8 teams....Colombia, Paraguay and Ecuador I'd say round out the final 3 spots..no disrespect to Uruguay, Bolivia, Venezuela, etc. but most of those leagues only have 2 really competitive clubs and most of those teams don't even have any good consistency...in Ecuador we have Liga, Barcelona, Emelec and El Nacional which can all put up a good fight...

18. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

1-I guess you are the only one who thinks our league is in the top 5 but I strongly believe yours is a biased opinion, no ofense. Most people including myself rank them like this-
    1)argentina
    2)brazil
    3)paraguay
    4)colombia
    5)uruguay
    Chile and peru have way better leagues than venezuela and bolivia idk how or why you would mention the later ones before them.

2-A few teams got a little better. So what?.. barcelona couldn't even beat imababura!!!!!! emelec struggled with macara...and both (emelec & barcelona)of those teams are incredibly inconsistent, they were at the top of the table for a good while ,but they colapsed and lost so many times that they had lost all any possiblities of qualifing before the last game
    ...lol a little sarcasm. All in all That's 4 wack teams in a 10 team group where six go on to the next round; do the math.
    btw olmedo struggled at the end of el campoinato and was actualy fighting to stay above the last positions and be moved down to B and lets not forget that d.quito solo fue a regalar puntos a la liguilla.

AND BACK TO MY ACTUAL ARGUEMENT.
    I'm not the only person who has this opinion(that liga isn't as great as everyone believes),sport analyst on radio and tv programs such as tiro libre and sotano deportivo to name a FEW also think that liga really isn't as great as most people think, it obvously is the best team but even then not by much they struggle against decent defenses like cuenca's to the point that they can barely get a shot off and a team que acaba de acender like azogues gives them a run for their money. Of course they can make a good run in la libertadores but TOP 4? I think that's an exagerrated expectation.

19. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Uruguay?! Penarol hasn't done anything in years...Danubio ni se diga, Nacional de Montevideo is not on it right now...the only good team in Uruguay is Defensor Sporting. Uruguay's quality has fallen dramatically in the past few years...Chile and Peru have some good teams,but more bad than good and I didn't leave them out on purpose, thats why I used "etc."...on a scale of overall competitiveness, I've seen some pretty good ball coming out of the smaller clubs. Yes, Barcelona didn't beat Imbabura but what does that say about the smaller clubs (and Imbabura had the Zura bro's)? Many of the ecuas in this forum will agree that its showing a significant evening of the competition in the league, Azogues and Olmedo weren't supposed to do anything amazing this year and now they're slated for possible Libertadores spots. It really has been a dramatic year in the Serie A, Olmedo running the table in the first half, Liga and Nacional making runs in the second and even Barcelona showing signs of improvement in the second before losing it in the closing stretch. Has it ever occured to you that maybe Azogues, Olmedo and Cuenca have good teams? Its not always going to be the big two or three in Ecuador, these teams have built a pretty solid base for progress in later years if they can keep playing at this level....

This team Liga has been the best team, whether by a lot or not, you said it yourself...we're the BEST as of right now and thats the only real argument. We have a great infrastructure for our young players, a profiting club and a solid squad to make run in the Libertadores if we keep focused. Arsenal wasn't supposed to make it to the finals of the Sudamericana leaving River Plate in the dust and beating America in the Azteca but look at that...people write them off and yet they're still in the final, with a great chance to win nonetheless.

20. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

Idc if imbabura had maradona they were still at the bottom of the table. Nothing justifies what happened to barcelona and emelec this year.AND I never said liga wasn't the best(IN ECUADOR). I SAID "THEY AREN'T AS GREAT AS PEOPLE MAKE THEM OUT TO BE".

At the end of the day I just think you see the glass half full, and i , half empty.
    Btw I'm a liga fan as well, but lying to myself isn't something I like to do. And we both know liga had a wayyyy better team about 2 or 3 yrs ago.

21. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Well let's not get all fatalistic...unquestionably, the best Liga team of the past few years had to be the 2006 squad, we had how many mundialistas on it? This year, for better or for worst, we went through a pseudo reorganization period, with Espinola out and Tin out for a good portion of the season, we lost Reasco to Sao Paulo, Espinoza, Salas and Mendez made transfers out...the team was simply not the same, and we struggled a bit but found our composure and a lot of young bloods came to the plate and did what they had to do for the wins. I give credit to this team for having gone through a transition period for the past 2 years and any team that wins a campeonato will go down as one of the better squads in the team's history...but lets just agree to disagree on the rest, it really is all about perception i guess

22. preyes10

preyes10 New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    ny
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I meant that LDU should be a top 4 team because as a big team (biggest now in ecuador) Liga has to think big and aim for a top 4 finish...Its hard but not impossible...

23. sebas/Liga De Quito

Feb 18, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Liga had a good team 2 or 3 years ago but this team right now is also pretty good, good enough to get a ninth star and go far in libertadores and sudamericana well just have to see who we play, Liga has to be at least top 5 in south america, barcelona i think we said enough on how they do in libertadores, nacional y olmedo son equipos pijama solo juegan bien en casa salen del Ecuador y no pueden con el resto de clubes

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

You're joking, right??? I might say Top 10 and in tenth place at that!!

I'm sure we can name 10 teams better than Liga...anyone feel free to join. I'll start with the obvious (in no particular order);
    Boca
    River
    Velez
    Corinthians
    Santos
    América (MEX)
    Colo Colo
    Defensor
    Flamengo
    São Paulo

I'm not saying Liga can't beat these teams on a good day, just that they are not as consistent in international results as any of these. I'm sure there are more!!

25. sebas/Liga De Quito

Feb 18, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

alright top ten then, Liga is on those teams level they have played agaisnt them before not america and i dont know about flamengo im not sure, at least we represent the country better than any other team in Ecuador that goes to libertadores or sudamericana and if we go to the finals were going to do something your team couldnt do WIN:eek:!!!!!