La Liga On Us Television

Discussion in 'Spain' started by realmadridtv, Sep 16, 2003.

1. realmadridtv

realmadridtv New Member

Aug 22, 2003
    Hello everyone, I just talked to Mariana Veradz from GOL TV and she just told me that they are going to get the right of LA LIGA for this season, they are 48 hours away from getting that, but she told that 99% that they are going to get it. This weakend Barcelona-Osasuna LIVE on Gol TV. They already shown some games, but not live!. Anyways call GOLTV and ask them for yourselfs, they have a great customer service. PLEASE ALL OF YOU CALL. They will get your e-mail addresses and give you weekly info. on la liga.
    Here is the info:
    You can talk to anybody from customer service
    Tel: (1) 305 539-3835
    Fax: (1) 305 864-7299
    E-mail: info@goltv.tv
    WEB: www.goltv.tv

2. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    My goodness. How can it be possible for one carrier to carry both la Liga and Serie A?

According to the CFO,

- if a carrier blows its budget on Serie A, then it can't have any more money for la Liga
    - if a carrier plans to negotiate for la Liga, then it should have left the weekend afternoon timeslots open for la Liga. GolTV has Serie A, so it doesn't have the weekend timeslots open...

Because of these two reasons, Ollie told us that it was a lock that ESPN International wasn't going to get la Liga. Now you are telling us that GolTV will do the same thing that Ollie said a carrier can't do?

3. realmadridtv

realmadridtv New Member

Aug 22, 2003
    RANGERS00 CAN YOU READ MY E-MAIL, INSTEAD OF BITCHING WHY DON'T YOU CALL GOL TV.
    PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
    DON'T WANT TO SPENT TIME DISCUSSING THE SUBJECT WITH YOU, CALL THEM, CALL THEM, CALL THEM.

4. realmadridtv

realmadridtv New Member

Aug 22, 2003
    AYER QUE VI EL PROGRAMA A TODO GOL EL COMENTARISTA BRUNO VAIN LO RECONFIRMO,DENTRO DE POCO CREO QUE ESTARA ANUNCIADO EN LA WEB TAMBIEN
    GOL TV

5. da_cfo

da_cfo New Member

Apr 19, 2003
    San Francisco CA
    I said ESPN Int'l had the budget for either Serie A or La Liga, but not both.

I didn't say that for Gol TV.

ESPN Int'l works from a tight budget from Disney, a large company with multiple layers of management involved in making decisions.

In contrast, Gol TV is a startup owned by an Uruguayan outfit. It doesn't have nearly as many layers of management as Disney/ESPN Int'l.

6. realmadridtv

realmadridtv New Member

Aug 22, 2003
    AND THE OWNER OF GOL TV PLAYED FOR ATLETICO DE MADRID.

7. MADRIZ

MADRIZ New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    CALIFORNIA
    I think la liga is going to be on goltv.
    they recently started showing some goals from la liga followed by a bullfight scene and a message saying "coming soon". so I gathered that it had to do with la liga.

8. Merengue

Merengue New Member

Nov 4, 1999
    San Diego
    Is GolTv available on SKY systems from Mexico? Or is it only available on Dish network?

9. njonkers

njonkers New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Cape Town,SA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    We want GolTV in South Africa.

Supersport show La Liga now ,it's the SkySport link.So they show what Sky show.
    Sunday saw Albacate vs Barca.
    This week-end no Barca.They show At. Madrid vd Valencia instead.
    But it's better then nothing!

10. njonkers

njonkers New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Cape Town,SA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  11. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Once again, I want to know how you know about ESPN Intl's budget. This sort of thing is company confidential. Did you obtain such information legally or illegally? or are you one of their executives? If so, why would you disclose confidential information of your own company?

The point is, if you can't disclose a legitimate source, your claim about them "having no budget for la Liga" is simply not believable.

12. da_cfo

da_cfo New Member

Apr 19, 2003
    San Francisco CA
    Deal is now official.

Gol TV will have La Liga starting the weekend of September 20.

13. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No SKY. Dish Network only. But it was also available for free on c-band satellite. Granted I haven't checked lately if it's still free but you might want to check that out.

14. MADRIZ

MADRIZ New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    CALIFORNIA
    la liga will be on goltv for just a year. next season we will probably go throught the same hell.
    saturday: barça-ossasuna 10:30 am (pdt) live.
    sunday:malaga-real madrid 1:30 pm (pdt) delayed an hour because of juventus-roma which starts at 11:30 am (pdt).

15. noche viento

noche viento New Member

Aug 4, 2002
    California
    well at least the hell is over for now! I for one am very excited to be able to see games on a regular basis. Last year was hell as far as I am concerned.

Here is one big "ATTA BOY" for GOL TV!!!

16. Quango

Quango BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Who provides Gol.TV in the US?

Quango

17. Quango

Quango BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nevermind. My cable provider apparently doesn't. Oh well.

Quango

18. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this deal sucks...the only cable provider I can find is here in NYC on Cablevision.
    The rest is via satelite.

Why couldn't they ink with a nationally distributed channel :(

http://200.40.76.9/estaticos/images/goltv/futbolhogar.html

anyone know anything about NCTC besides this:

http://www.cabletvcoop.org/

19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    What did you expect? Three La Liga matches per week on CBS? Ths is great news to me and I don't even have a TV!! Just get out of your house and watch it in a pub or restaurant!!

20. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I really thought CBS had a chance. Mel Karmazin is a huge fan of La Liga.

21. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    See, I've said here numerous times. No american soccer fan should settle for watching European soccer on a cable channel, let alone an obscure satellite channel like GolTV.

We should all aim high: la Liga and Serie A on the networks. Heck, we won't even settle for la Liga/Serie A taking a back seat to the NFL or the baseball postseason. We should all look forward to the day that CBS asks the NFL to change their kick-off time because they have to broadcast, say, the Basque derby or the Milan derby.

I am glad that someone else shares the vision here.
    Let the fight begin...

22. pepster

pepster New Member

Mar 25, 2000
    very commendable, but i settle for whatever goltv manages to provide. i dont like the english commentary, but what a heck, i want to watch la villa de madrit blow everybody out :) and screw barsa.

23. noche viento

noche viento New Member

Aug 4, 2002
    California
    As an American (U.S.) soccer fan I am happy to watch La Liga where ever I can find it. If it was not for an "obscure satellite channel" like GolTV we would not able able to see it at all in the US and Canada this season.

Lets all put our money where our mouth is. We have been bitching and moaning about not being able to see La Liga in the Americas this season and now that we can we are still bitching and moaning about it? Lets be realistic. While we would all love to see European Soccer on the big networks it is just not going to happen. Not in my lifetime anyway. You will never overtake the NFL, NBA or even (yawn) MLB with a non home grown sporting league. It will simply never have that appeal in this country no matter how hard we sell it.

I am not wild about Gol TV only being shown on Dish Network as we have Adelphia cable in my house and they do not carry GolTV. (I have sent numerous emails to them asking them to add it) My wife looked at me like I was crazy when I told her I was going to put a dish back up so I could bring in one single channel. But at this point I am ecstatic!! 3 games a week including Real Madrid and Barca.... let the party begin!!!

24. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    very well said

25. pepster

pepster New Member

Mar 25, 2000
    indeed, but i have a suggestion for goltv. if the commentary is going to be made available in english, let someone who does speak clear and crisp english do it. saturday's games were done by some english commentator, very good; but sunday's was done by someone whose english was rather hesitant (and who even managed to nick casillas as "carlos" casillas). surely the lad was very eager,but it is not the same to comment a footie match in a language that is not yours or you dont quite manage very well: the action is often fast-paced and sometimes the right words to convey an image may not be readily mustered. that's my only peeve, otherwise, i am rrrreally very happy.