LA invasion anyone?

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by othakidfrmaltalomahs, Mar 9, 2009.

1. othakidfrmaltalomahs

Jan 25, 2008
    RC/ALTA LOMA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK i have been a distant Crew fan...lived in cali all of my life...until now i finally have enough $ to go watch MY team in cali(last time was in 2000 when the gals still played in Pasadena). And I wanted to know if anyone from Columbus is coming down on May 17th match against the gals or the April 5th match against the goats? and if you are let me know :D

2. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jericho and his GF, Bradd, and Myself will all be there.

3. bradd

bradd Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Specifically we will be at the April game against the Goats. NOT against LAG.

4. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    I may come too.

5. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    you booked flights yet?

6. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya about a week or so ago, we will be flying into SLC and flying out of LA tho. I think we have room for one don't we Bradd?

7. bradd

bradd Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We always have room for 1. It just really depends on the car and whether or not you are fine flooring it.

The car is by far the biggest concern since the people in the backseat will be sitting very close for 6 hours.

I figured that would be Matt and Jasmine since you know.... they've seen each other naked. ;)

Hit either Blake up or me up and I can give you the full itinerary. Like I said, this is an extremely cheap trip and the most expensive thing will be your airfare.

8. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jasmine sounds exotic.

9. bradd

bradd Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She is a roller derby girl. I'm hoping I don't piss her off on the trip cause she will beat the crap out of me. ;)

10. jericho

jericho Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha - I'm going to be driving as my name is on the rental car crap and Jaz and Blake are both too young to drive the rental car.

11. jericho

jericho Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

oh she will...

12. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lucky you, I almost had a heart attack with the ammount of Red Bulls I had to Peoria and back.

That is a trip I will never forget.

13. bradd

bradd Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no problem helping to drive. Unless you are one of those crazy "zOMG ITS IN MY NAME THEREFORE I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN DRIVEZ MY PRECIOUS!" In that case, I'll sit in the back seat and keep jasmine company.

14. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, Jericho is chill.

But, you might have to make random stops on the side of the interstate along the way so he can get out and stretch his legs. :D Remember that?

15. bradd

bradd Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is short enough to use the available leg room to stretch out. Unless that was code for him to get out in a well populated area and turn some tricks. He has been known to do that.

16. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, so while lurking around..........
    [​IMG]

17. jericho

jericho Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's only because your backseat was so small that my leg was cramping...

18. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, this had me in tears. That is the code.

This isn't a code reference.

19. othakidfrmaltalomahs

Jan 25, 2008
    RC/ALTA LOMA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha ok thanks guys!!! ill see you there...umm just let me know what section of the HDC you are sitting at!!!

20. jericho

jericho Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Want me to pick up a ticket for you when we buy ours?

21. othakidfrmaltalomahs

Jan 25, 2008
    RC/ALTA LOMA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be awesome thanks :D

22. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good job heading out to the games and I hope you all have fun. Just a quick bit of info on the rental car -- it shouldn't cost anymore to put someone elses name on the slip (if they're over 25 of course). It would be well worth it because it avoids the 'sitting at a stoplight and getting rear-ended while someone's name who wasn't on the slip was doing a little driving'. Like I implied, if it is free to add someone, take advantage of it.

I'm not sure if you're flying out of LA or driving back to SLC (for cheaper car rental of course).
    • If driving back, make sure the rental company has no penalties for driving to CA; if they do, switch to a rental company that has none. In other words, don't assume unlimited mileage means unlimited travel between states.
    • If flying out of CA, look into dumping your car as soon as possible at a CA airport and rent another car for the remainder of your trip. 1-way rental fares are a b!tch and saving $70-80 per day over a couple days adds up real quick. I did this last year in New Orleans at the airport and the whole process of turning in one car and getting another was relatively smooth. On check-in, they didn't 'have' the new car for me (even though it was the same class as the one I was turning in and they could have just given me the original keys back). So, to appease me, they hooked me up with a luxury car for no additional cost. Play the system and it will save you a lot of money and might give you a $70k Mercedes to play with for a couple days. :cool:

23. jericho

jericho Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've got a pretty cheep car, using public transit in SLC, then dumping the car as soon as we get to LA and hanging out with Bradd's friend.