Rumor: LA Galaxy Refresh/Rebrand?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by USA94, Aug 2, 2022.

1. USA94

USA94 Member

SoCal
    United States
    Dec 27, 2019
    There has been talk that the LA Galaxy are at least exploring a potential brand refresh or maybe even a rebrand.

Anyone know something?
    What would you prefer/like/keep/change?

2. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    adding the image of discussion from Reddit. If I recall someone on Reddit mentioned that its something they have done with marketing and promotional packaging and doesn't necessarily mean a rebrand[​IMG]

personally I like the badge and do not see a reason to change it, I've been here from the start, so I wouldn't mind if they went back to Green/Gold/Black like the old days and if that logo is part of a rebrand it screams to me go with Dodger Colors to convince causal fans that the Galaxy is part of LA like the Dodgers.

I would like a change to the plain jane white home kits, at first I didn't really lean either way for the sash but now I miss it and it really was part of the Galaxy.

getting rid of herbalife would be nice too. and if they do decide to rebrand, the pessimist in me would say they are only doing it to distract the fans from the crap product on the field, its a trick to convince casual fans that things are on an upward trend, while hardcore fans would say its the opposite

adding one more thing, I would really like it if they leaned into the Quasar logo a bit more

shelbo, hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  3. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this logo is part of the marketing material for renewing season tickets for next season - and not a full re-brand. But with this FO who knows...

Dawdler repped this.
  4. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
  5. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Sigh. It’s not that you can never use a not-the-logo logo, but it’s definitely a you need a really good reason and solid identity to be successful.

I don’t get it. I don’t know what this logo is supposed to be conveying. Without context I don’t know why it was used over the existing logo sans-shield background. It doesn’t say soccer, it doesn’t say LA other than literally the letters L and A. It doesn’t convey space/Galaxy.

shelbo, 73Bruin, hav77 and 1 other person repped this.
  6. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #6 mbar, Aug 2, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    There seems to be no good reason for a rebrand as far as I can tell. The name is fine. The colors are fine. The shield is fine. We've already had a rebrand.

Any changes should lean on our history as its the one thing the club has going for it hence why its been beaten to death during this bad club era.

If they want to come out with a new crest that is somehow a combination of our last two, I'm ok with it/

If they do something completely new and Eurosnobby I'll be really pissed off.

ProudNatRN, napper, MPNumber9 and 3 others repped this.
  7. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any "rebrasnd" should be centered around the abysmal front office currently employed by AEG. Anything short of that is lipstick on a pig (see above).

galvanator and Dawdler repped this.
  8. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Rebrand of Chamipons

shelbo and cleschke repped this.
  9. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #9 MPNumber9, Aug 3, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
    If they did a "soft" rebrand -- I'd be OK with that. The "futuristic" wordmark looks a little out of date and never really looked great on a lot of merch, IMO. I'd really keep just about everything else. I like the name, colors, keep the crest as is, maybe with a little bit of tweaking; keep the quasar.

Edit: But I'd really prefer to stick with what we have than get some lame, "post-modern" Euro rip-off rebrand.

ProudNatRN repped this.
  10. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    They sent out a survey a few months back that floated Olde Englishe letterynge, at least for a "G," which fans have been using for years and years and years.

They also floated light blue, though, and I don't see that happening. I like light blue, but like it or not light blue has pretty much been appropriated by NYC and SKC.

The last time they did a rebrand, of course, was to coincide with a major player signing, as well as to jazz up the image because of competition with another local team. We have the local competition again, but I think without a significant addition and redirection (NOT CRISTIANO RONALDO), another rebrand would fall flat.

Berks, napper, Dawdler and 3 others repped this.
  11. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    There’s an old line of thought in the branding world that struggling companies rebrand in a vain hope it will fix their problems. Because sometimes it does (Apple’s Think Different) but more often than not it’s one of the last straws to be clutched by failing leadership.

Geneva, 73Bruin, Dawdler and 4 others repped this.
  12. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think it falls in line with the team's push in marketing past successes ad glory such as Since 96, the community kits, legends never die ad...etc because there have been no recent successes to highlight amd be proud of.

73Bruin repped this.