LA Fans May Suck, But There Are More of Them...

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by helmet, Aug 13, 2002.

1. helmet

helmet New Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Jose
    I will be bringing 4 additional people to the game on Saturday. I will be bringing 10 additional people to next Wednesday's game.

Who else is bringing their friends....?

2. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Scott and I are bringing three chicks (well, okay, my wife and two of his friends), but that's still three who aren't usually there...

3. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm bringing two friends on Saturday. One of them has never been to a soccer game before.

4. Crazy_Quakes_Fan

Crazy_Quakes_Fan New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    San Mateo, CA
    My ride (my sister) is bringing a friend of hers, while I'll be (hopefully) bringing two friends of my own. So that's three people who don't usually go to Quakes games.

5. SoccrGirl4

SoccrGirl4 New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Blackhawk, CA
    I'm bringing 15 people.... :) My best friend and I (who ALWAYS go to home games), and the mostly the rest of our club team who haven't really been yet.

6. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Oh goody.....are you gonna all wear your uniforms and each one of you will paint one letter from Landon's name on your tummy and scream his name and stuff? ;)

bless you for helping to increase our attendance, we need it badly!

7. SJfuture

SJfuture New Member

May 25, 2001
    Livermore, CA
    I've been really trying to get people to come to games. In July I brought a group of 15 and a group of 20 and next Wed I'm bringing my entire u19 soccer team and their families.

Kinda nice to have that party atmosphere at the games. :)

....man it's been hella days since I posted :)

8. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    I'll be bringing my usual 10-15 alcoholic friends. Hmmmm, 1:00pm game, this calls for Bloody Marys and scrambled eggs! :D

9. SoccrGirl4

SoccrGirl4 New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Blackhawk, CA
    now that you mention it...that could work out for crazy fan day! naw i'm just kidding. i work at a soccer camp and we've been trying to convince the whole camp to go to the game...we'll see if that happens! Thats a good 140 kids + parents lol but all us coaches are pushing for that!

10. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Just to catch you up a bit since you last posted.....I am the King of the SJ boards now.....I was voted as such by a landslide.

11. helmet

helmet New Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Jose
    I hope Club Quake members are using their referral forms to get the tickets. If you're bringing 140 camp members you could catapult yourself into first place in the contest. Even if your bringing 2, your just 23 shy of Gold Level seat upgrades.

I'm realistically shooting for Gold Level upgrade, not world domination.

12. SoccrGirl4

SoccrGirl4 New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Blackhawk, CA
    Ahh I'm not a member and they're not accepting new members right now! :) Otherwise I would totally do that!! Whats first and second place? Isn't second dinner with a player or something? Otherwise I'd gladly spend my own money on tickets to help out the Quakes!

13. Solskjaer

Solskjaer New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Eau Claire, WI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope this attendance push works for you--I am surprised by the numbers for a league champion team! I will be watching on TV due to a lack of proximity to California so maybe I will help ratings anyhow.

Heia Earthquakes!

14. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    My wife and daughter are coming with me (but they're pretty much regulars...just not season ticket holders this year. They will be next year.) Also, my nephew, his wife and their 3 kids will be joining us. So that's a +5 in the "those who are not usually there" catagory.

I also have requests from more friends/neighbors that would like to come later this season, too.

15. helmet

helmet New Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Jose
    First is airfare and tickets to away game at LA 9/14.
    Second is dinner on Quakes w/ player, coach or mgr of your choice.
    Then there are jersey, captain's armband - signed; Gold Seat upgrades, t-shirts....

16. RUBY223

RUBY223 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Sunnyvale
    Well, I'm happy to report that I've gotten two of my friends addicted to the Quakes; they're regulars now. Once school starts, one of them even plans on driving from Moraga for home games. :) So for sure we'll be a party of 3 but we're looking to bring three other people on Saturday & Wednesday.

17. SoccrGirl4

SoccrGirl4 New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Blackhawk, CA

ahhh i would use this week's paycheck to buy my plane and game tickets against LA if I could go to that dinner!!! :) lol oh well theres always next year!! and by the way...mostly the entire camp is going to the game!