L1 -5e Journée- PSG v. rats [R] 9/9/06

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by ilv2, Sep 7, 2006.

1. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    Saturday
    September 9th 2006
    Parc des Princes

[​IMG] v. [​IMG]

PSG v. OM

Previous Results/Form
    PSG: 1-1-2 (Last Match: 3-2 defeat to Sochaux)
    OM: 3-1-0 (Last Match: 2-0 victory over Le Mans)

Post you pre/during/post match comments here
    We all know the fiasco of last year, but this looks to be a great great encounter. Marseille is undefeated and joint leaders of the league, and ribery is on great form. PSG has fluctuated from the mediocre to the terrible and back again, as usual (although Lille provided a nice contrast). The stage is set for an upset of sorts, for the ligue 1 clasico.

Where, however, does the rivalry come from? And why is there such a dislike for OM amongst the club?
    Planete PSG has a good article on it that definately deserves a read: http://www.planetepsg.com/news-5296-supporters_arno_p_e:_parisien_=_anti_marseillais.html

2. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    lol, this is a little too much.
    There are, to me, only 2 rats in OM, and that's Diouf and Anigo
    then there are posers, like Cana, and maybe Maoulida, but otherwise, I enjoy the team, maybe less some fans, but hey, I have problems with some of our own fans :D

Anyway, IMO we'll win this one, but it will be hard, especially with Ribery being on fire after their great start, and his great games with France.

3. AllezParisAllezPSG

AllezParisAllezPSG New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY
    Message Posted for PSG NYC Supporters Club:

Dear PSG Supporters,

This year, Setanta will be showing the Sunday Ligue 1 games. It is important to note that the channel will show 2 Ligue 1 games each Sunday, compared to the Sunday night games Fox Soccer Channel showed us last year. So including the Saturday game on TV5, we’ll have the possibility of watching 3 Ligue 1 games per weekend. That’s the big update for the year.

Now for the big “classico” in Paris against Marseille. The game will be shown live at Nevada Smiths this Sunday at 3:00 p.m.! As a reminder: No violence of any kind will be tolerated! After only a few weeks into the season, Marseille is already coming into town. The last encounter dates back to the Coupe de France final at the Stade de France. For those who were able to watch it on their computer since it was not shown here (thank you livefoot), it is a game they will not forget. A great game with great goals from Kalou and Dhorasso. Then, a few months prior to the final was when Marseille last came to the Parc des Princes. Not only was the game shown with a delay (2 hours) but Marseille had decided to bring their reserve team to play due to a dispute concerning the seating arrangement of Marseille supporters. The result of this: a handful of PSG supporters and more than 30 Marseille supporters at Nevada Smiths! Not cool. At least we finished the season on a good note.

PSG, ranked in the 12th place (seem to be getting used to it), will play host to Marseille who are in 1st place in Ligue 1. It should be a really good game, and hopefully they will make it up for the disappointing 0-0 result last March in Paris against the reserve team. I hope to see many of you there.
    See you all on Sunday and Allez Paris!

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/PSGNewYorkFans/

4. Breakwood

Breakwood Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm dissapointed. TV5 is showing Bordeaux-Nice, over this one. Jeeze, this is one of the best matches of the year.

5. Anti-footix

Anti-footix New Member

May 30, 2006
    Lyon
    score prediction :
    P(d)SG : 1 - Ohème :3

1-0 Pauleta 18' (penalty kick after a beautiful Yepes dive)
    1-1 M'bami 44'
    1-2 Cana 84'
    1-3 Yepes 92' (owngoal)

and yes, OM/PSG is a very young rivalry, very artifcial. it will never reach the level of a good old OL/ASSE. but well, Paris being the capital where all the medias can be found in our beautiful over-centralized country and Marseille being the most popular team, the media coverage will always be the best for this game.
    but this year France/Italy and OL/Real seem to draw more attention. sure that between this 2 great matches, PSG/OM seems a little bit not really so important.

by the way, I will wtach the game in a bar in Paris with a friend who is a PSG supporter. It will be fun ! :cool: well, at least if Marseille wins !:D

6. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    sounds like it'll be a blast. don't forget to start up the chants and above all some pictures for those of us not from NYC!

I would ideally like to see a 3-0 'shock' with pauleta, yepes, and rothen scoring. In any case, if anyone is looking for a stream, i'll try to see if any news circulates tommorow.
    Unfortunately, my apart still doesn't have internet, so i'll have to drag my ass to the library on a sat. morning :mad:

"Nous, nous sommes du PSG, C'est notre plus grande fierté, Marseille c'est des enculés, C'est leur plus grande qualité!"

7. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    yeah, count me in on the Nevada Smiths, I've been planning this for a long time

Now, to give a better prediction, I see a good 2:1 for us, of course, with a goal by Diane and by either Kalou or Frau
    And a goal by Maoulida for l'OM, even though I hate his little messages, I guess I'll have to go through it

Breakwood, I don't think you understand TV5 and the schedules...
    The big match, the one that draws the most audience, is always on sundays nights, that is primetime.
    While saturday afternoons are for above average games, so that they don't get lost with the rest of the pack on saturday evenings

8. Fonsos

Fonsos Member

Sep 21, 2000
    Chicago
    Why put Rats on such a low ladder?

A+,
    Fonsos
    Paris Magique!!!!

9. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    addendum to first post, the match is on sunday the 10th rather than the 9th and KO time is 21h Paris time.

10. SooHwa

SooHwa New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    france
    well about the rivality between paris and marseille there is an interesting book om psg psg om les meilleurs ennemis i read it 1 or 2 years ago
    without this rivality we can erase this championship so uninteresting
    lyon win everything, they have everytime good arbitral decision and they have much more money than every other team
    well paris marseille is like a sunshine in this borring championship
    i expect to see what will doing diane and i hope rodriguez will enter during the match as he made some good things during the preparation match
    i hope we will make come back llacer to broke the legs of m'bami :D :p
    rothen wont be able to play against marseille it's rather disapointing

11. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    yes, Rothen and his cardboard legs can't hold on a long time
    And Rodriguez also won't be able to play, according to psg.fr:

Voici la liste des joueurs retenus par Guy Lacombe pour le match opposant le PSG à Marseille, comptant pour la 5e journée du championnat de France de Ligue 1 Orange, le dimanche 10 septembre 2006 :

ALONZO Jérôme
    ARMAND Sylvain
    BANING Albert
    CISSE Edouard
    DHORASOO Vikash
    DIANE Amara
    DRAME Boukary
    FRAU Pierre-Alain
    HELLEBUYCK David
    KALOU Bonaventure
    LANDREAU Mickaël
    MENDY Bernard
    PANCRATE Fabrice
    PAULETA Pedro
    PAULO CESAR
    ROZEHNAL David
    TRAORE Sammy
    YEPES Mario

12. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    ouep ca y est, 20 minutes until KO!!!
    whoever has Setanta or Setanta Broadband will be able to watch this mathc

since the new yorkers are out, i'll contribute some pbp

13. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    Composition:

PSG

Mickaël Landreau
    Sylvain Armand
    Bernard Mendy
    David Rozehnal
    Sammy Traoré
    Mario Yepes
    Edouard Cissé
    Vikash Dhorasoo
    Pierre-Alain Frau
    Bonaventure Kalou
    Pedro Pauleta (Cap.)

subs:
    Jérôme Alonzo (g)
    Boukari Dramé
    Paulo César
    Albert Baning
    David Hellebuyck
    Amara Diané
    Fabrice Pancrate

Mars

Cédric Carrasso
    Habib Beye (Cap.)
    Renato Civelli
    Taye Taiwo
    Ronald Zubar
    Lorik Cana
    Modeste MBami
    Samir Nasri
    Franck Ribéry
    Toifilou Maoulida
    Mamadou Niang

subs:
    Sébastien Hamel (g)
    Alain Cantareil
    Bostjan Cesar
    Sabri Lamouchi
    Wilson Oruma

Both Mbami and Cana are starting, as well as the Ribery and Nasri duo

It's going to be some game

14. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    ----------Landreau----------
    Mendy--Traore-Yepes-Armand
    -----------Roze-------------
    ---------Dhorasoo-----------
    -Kalou-----------------Frau- (or vice versa)?
    ----------Pauleta-----------

Some beautiful tifos on view!

15. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Mon ami , you have a link to the game ? :)

16. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    3' Dhorasoo puts a beautiful ball over to Frau who gives it a good touch and loses it and plays :rolleyes: for a penalty

First couple minutes have been quite slow paced

17. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    ********!!!!!!!!!!!

Referee gives penalty for a very very unclear foul ********ing ridiculous ********ing ********ing ridiculous. Honestly, w/o the fan filters on, there was absolutely nothing. In any case Yepes gives away the penalty.

First penalty retaken, Niang scores

PSG 0-1 OM ~8' 9'

18. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    N.Platini, check your pm ;)

Guess who's at the game?

Zinedine Zidane!

19. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    Beautiful passing move from PSG, unfortunate not to score,

Rozenhal moves well down the field, plays it to Kalou who touches it forward. He toe pokes it too high and forces Carrassoo into a good save

20. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    ******!!!

Armand delivers a bullet volley from a terrific angle, but Carrasso manages a save. What technique 16'

21. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    18' Good fk off to the side, headed for a corner to PSG

PSG takes a corner, Niang pulls slightly on Traore, and referee blows for a penalty!!!!!!!!

22. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    Pauleta takes, Carrassoo saves!

Referee blows a retake for encroachment just as he did for the Marseille penalty. Really, unbelievable

23. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    It's equalised in weird penalty calls now. The refere has started in extreme-by-the-book mode.

24. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    The referee is an idiot. He made Niang retake the first one cause PSG players were in the box too early. Now this.

25. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    HAHa cheeky cheeky penalty, Pauleta just slides it in and Carrassoo stares at it while it rolls slowly by him (21')

Carrassoo gets booked for booting the ball away

PSG 1-1 OM