L1 10ème Journée: l'OM v PSG [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by prvev, Oct 25, 2008.

1. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Le Clasico

[​IMG]

1 Lyon 21 10 6 3 1 14 8 6
    2 Marseille 19 9 5 4 0 18 9 9
    3 Le Mans 18 10 5 3 2 18 11 7
    4 Bordeaux 18 10 5 3 2 14 10 4
    5 Toulouse 18 10 5 3 2 9 8 1
    6 Lille 16 10 4 4 2 15 13 2
    7 Rennes 15 10 3 6 1 13 9 4
    8 Nice 15 10 4 3 3 14 12 2
    9 Paris-SG 14 9 4 2 3 8 7 1
    10 Grenoble 14 9 4 2 3 8 8 0

PSG

Gardiens : Landreau, Edel
    Défenseurs : Armand, Bourillon, Camara, Ceara, Sakho, Traoré
    Milieux : Chantome, Clement, Makelele, Rothen, Sessegnon
    Attaquants : Hoarau, Kezman, Luyindula, Pancrate, Maurice

Latest Result: 3-2 win against Lorient

MARSEILLE​

Gardiens : Mandanda, Riou
    Défenseurs : Bonnart, Taiwo, Hilton, Zubar, Erbate
    Milieux : Cana, Cheyrou, M'Bami, Kaboré, Ziani, Zenden, Ben Arfa, Valbuena
    Attaquants : Niang, Koné, Grandin, Samassa

Latest Results: 2-0 loss at PSV, 3-1 win @ VA

Les 5 derniers Olympique de Marseille - Paris Saint-Germain

2007/2008 Olympique de Marseille 2 - 1 Paris Saint-Germain
    2006/2007 Olympique de Marseille 1 - 1 Paris Saint-Germain
    2005/2006 Olympique de Marseille 1 - 0 Paris Saint-Germain
    2004/2005 Olympique de Marseille 1 - 1 Paris Saint-Germain
    2003/2004 Olympique de Marseille 0 - 1 Paris Saint-Germain

Allez l'OM

2. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    L'om is gonna be thirsty for victory after disappointing CL defeat,

3. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    VIM (Very Important Match).
    If they win they're leader !

4. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    great game so far. where's Giuly? Injured?

5. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
  6. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Go to Hell Gerets,and please pull Diouf with you.

2x2 and you put Samassa with Ziani and Ben Arfa at bench?

Samassa?

******** it.

7. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    damn!!! how embarrassing at home

8. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I don't understand.
    I don't understand.
    I don't understand.
    I don't understand.

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    They didnt spend enough money to upgrade the back 4. They keep Givet buried on the bench when he's better than what they are using. Has Tyrone Mears even played yet. That centre back pairing they have is bruutal. Bonnart is bad. I think Hilton was over rated. He did come from a relegated team you know.

10. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Hilton was one of the best players tonight. He was out of the field and hold by the referee when Luyindula scored against his former team (old OM/PSG tradition). Cana is guilty on at least 2 goals. It's cruel but Zubar is indispensable.
    The real problem is: there's not a pure striker in this team. And Marseille, by its culture, needs a n°9.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    No pure striker but they still allowed 4 goals right, and I think that would be the main problem.

12. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    well well well, what do we have here? A forum of Marseillais. Well, in one way, Diouf and Anigo got what they deserved for spending so much on Kone and HBA (who apparently refused to get in the game, which to me is the big difference in the game, because he would have given us more trouble than Samassa), while refusing to buy any good defenders.
    Seriously, you folks are (were) playing the CL, and are trying to get the title, with a defense that I consider on the same level of ours. What did you think was going to happen? If you look at all the 6 goals, most have some bad defending. And Hoarau almost missed the fourth goal. And let's not talk about how lucky he is to have horribly missed his shot for the third goal. or Pancrate who missed his control of the ball, and it turned into an unintentional assist. Or Bourrillon, damn it, why did he have to stick his head in there.

Feels good.
    Especially because we had to keep you down, otherwise it would have been a total jerkoffathon in France about how great Marseille is, about how they'll win the title, blablabla. I like your team, but just like Obama, I hate the people who support him.
    And it always feels good to shut up that piece of shit called Pape Diouf. and Anigo, but he was quiet this year. And let's say Gerets too, with his "I know we'll win" a few days before the game.
    PSV/PSG, meme combat!

and let me quote myself once again
    Don't worry Marseille, I know that you will finish the season in front of us. I don't know about the title contention, but you will surely be in the champions league next season. And if you get Ben Arfa to understand he plays for a team, and replace Zubar with a good defender, you'll be set to go far.

13. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    :eek: You hate the French ? 93% of French would like Obama to become president of the United States.:p

14. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a good game. Gerets' decisions were...um..perplexing? Yes, perplexing. I would have probably started Ben Arfa instead of Kabore, and then I would have put him on before Ziani (and definitely Zenden). Probably for M'Bami, actually. And, in hindsight, Zubar probably should have started. But, honestly, when I saw the lineup, I thought it was a good idea, so I won't complain. The obvious needs are still someone to pair with Hilton and a true #9, but it just doesn't look likely to happen, unfortunately.

Oh, congrats to the PSG fans. I should probably do that on their (your) board, but oh well. That's a pretty good team you have, and I wouldn't be too surprised to see them challenge Bordeaux for that 3rd CL spot.

Definitely a gutwrenching loss, especially with all the near misses, but I guess it's still just a two point deficit. Things need to start improving, hopefully beginning on Wednesday against Nantes.