Kylian Mbappe, Welcome to Arsenal! - Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by CarlosKaiser, Feb 4, 2024.

1. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

2. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Curious who the targets would be.

3. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It’s clearly Zubimendi or Luiz

4. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Current info from Fab & Orny support my assumption that we go for 2 big(ish) transfers and then possibly depth/replacement guys to fill out the 25man after guys are sold. Consensus seems to be a MF & FW as the primary targets.

MF - Only links I have seen (or can recall) is Martin Zubimendi or Douglas Luiz. Zubimendi is the more likely but both seem a little far fetched at the moment.
    FW - Focus seems to be ST with occasional mentions of a left-footed W. For W the only name consistently mentioned is Pedro Neto. While he could be a strong signing, it feels like the price tag is awful high for a guy that seems to be injured alot. For ST, there is an interesting mix of different styles of players. Consistent names are....
    Osimhen - I think he goes to PSG
    Gyokeres - looks like a strong fit but is simply good or is he good compared to the competition?
    Sesko - young, tall, shows flashes but not yet a finished product. I've heard that he has no desire to leave Leipzig this summer.
    Zirkzee - similar to Gyokeres in style & stature. Believe Bayern have a buyback.
    Toney - too old, too expensive. If he was considerably cheaper I could see it but at the current price I don't see any way we consider it.

6 ft. Leprechaun repped this.
  5. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Small sample size but justifies continued opportunity before we fully assess the summer needs. Don't see the need for a 80+m ST if we can get strong production from Havertz over a longer haul.....

6. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #181 chjoak, Mar 5, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
    Long vid. Not all transfer oriented.

Transfer oriented summary....
    • ST is currently considered the main priority for summer. However, do we need one with the emergence of Havertz in that role? If we do, it feels like it would need to be a player that can plug & play like Havertz, Trossard & Jesus. Lists some of the usual suspects that have been linked. No idea which direction Arsenal will choose to go (starter, backup, vet, youth, etc....) or who else will become an option in the next several months.
    • MF addition seems likely. If they go DM, Zubimendi is the #1 target. If they go b2b, there is no known name currently.
    • Specifically names Rams & Eddie as likely to be moved. ESR, Nelson, Vieira, Partey, Jorge & OZ talked about as guys that the club needs to make a decision on.
    • Arsenal looking to spend extensively on youth (u18) this summer for the first time in a very long time

7. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think the profile atm for Arsenal is

tall, strong, quick, technical

I’m sure we are the tallest team in the league right now with kiwior in the lineup?

raya is 6’2 I think, saliba and gabriel at least 6’3 and the fullbacks close to that

rice is over 6’ and havertz is 6’4

I think that’s one of the reasons we are so good defensively, not co redo g from corners or balls over the top and scoring a fcuk tonne from set pieces

8. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Exactly! We've become a team of highly technical, huge goons - full of running.

I think this is one reason Xhaka was let go despite how good he was last season. He just doesn't get around the pitch as much as we need, and he can't play 6

Shen-O, And_ROOS and thebigman repped this.
  9. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, Xhaka is a great player but very immobile by todays standards

that’s why Thuram is an interesting player in midfield. Tall and quick and not bad with the ball

CarlosKaiser repped this.
  10. 6 ft. Leprechaun

Dec 9, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thebigman repped this.
  11. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see either team willing to pay the suggested price but I could absolutely see Bayern being interested given they are likely selling Davies to Real.

12. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think that part of Arteta's thinking was that he wanted to match up physically with Liverpool.

Shen-O and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  13. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seeing claims that......
    • West Ham tried to sign ESR in Jan. They first wanted a full transfer. We asked for 60m GBP and they backed off. Then they wanted a loan and we rejected. Supposedly they are looking to make another approachi this summer. Moyes is supposedly obsessed with signing him.
    • Sporting Lisbon will need to make some cash this summer and will likely be willing to let Gyokeres go for less than his 80m euro release clause. There are also claims that Gyokeres prefers Milan over Arsenal.
    • Emery/Villa are interested in signing Tierney this summer. Supposedly the asking price is 30m.
    • PSG want Saka and are willing to pony up this summer

maskito repped this.
  14. maskito

maskito Member+

Arsenal
    Jan 14, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd consider the first 3 offers if they're close to what is reported. There's no way I'd consider selling Saka for less than 250M GBP, and even then I wouldn't consider it.

mebeSajid and 6 ft. Leprechaun repped this.
  15. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see any way we consider selling Saka unless he pushed to leave. I don't see Saka looking to leave unless we get stagnant and can't win anything.

Shen-O repped this.
  16. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starting to see some claims that Barca are pushing to sign Jorge as a FA this summer

17. 6 ft. Leprechaun

Dec 9, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Closer to 30-35m.

18. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    PSG need a striker to replace Mbappe’s goals, they should be targeting Osimhen with their oil money and leaving Saka alone.

19. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    supposedly they are going for both

20. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fvck that shit. Saka's goin nowhere!

21. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I wouldn’t worry about it.

22. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    They already have a left wing, 20 year old Xavi Simons, on loan at Leipzig. He is going to be a very good player. He will fit just fine with Osimhen.

23. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    They can have both in 10 years when Osi and Saka leave Arsenal after countless UCL and EPL titles :ROFLMAO:

24. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    credit to @NorthBank.... tidbit on the summer transfer plan from Arteta's 3/7/24 presser leading up to Brentford.....

I find this to be a very interesting comment. When did this plan come about? Is the plan simply to get a ST or a specific ST?

NorthBank repped this.
  25. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    got as much chance as that guy who posts pics in his pants and a steel chair has banging Cindy margolis, whoever the fcuk she is