Kwon Chang-hoon @ Dijon FCO 2017-2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Chingoo, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    :ROFLMAO:...

2. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yep. Hopefully this opens doors for more Koreans in Ligue 1 and elsewhere in Europe. I am sick at the multitude of our boys rotting somewhere in Japan/China/desert. I am confident LJS will follow suit come this summer transfer window.

edlee1992 and aeh1991 repped this.
  3. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    So, how much playing time will he get in this half season? I'm going to bet around 300/400 minutes, wich it's not a bad start.

4. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Song Jin Hyung played in France too, in Ligue 2 with Tours.

nmssis and Jitevra repped this.
  5. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lol they all left Europe after a few years playing in France. Is France a good destination ? Or were these players not good enough to play here ?

Btw, Song Jin Hyung played in France too (I already mentioned it in a previous post) and also Kim Kyung Jung (Caen FC) and Kim Shin (olympique Lyonnais).

6. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    KCH's rating based on his #10 or #8 position. Better as #10 of course.

Kwon CH.jpg

7. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Where does this rating come from ?

8. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    My personal ratings...overall it's a 7,5/10. Wich is fair enough i guess.

jessypjs repped this.
  9. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Did the plane arrive in France yet?

10. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    KCH is the 3rd most expensive purchase in Dijon's history.

TaegukRedDevil, hanul21, nmssis and 3 others repped this.
  11. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Go and check their twitter page. Now it's a new Dijon player at 100%.

12. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  13. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    then a good chance that he won't be so easily relegated to warm the bench...no?

14. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    KCH is reported as 1,74 cm x 69 kg. Wasn't 1.74 cm x 66 kg before?

15. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    I think he will get some playing time, but it's a buy for the next season.

16. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    it's a purchase for this season & on. why would they purchase a player for next season when they don't even know they will be in ligue 1? the last time Dijon were in ligue 1 for the 1st time in their history (11/12 season), they got relegated straight away.

he will be pressured to perform instantly... not an ideal situation for Kwon CH but hey, it was his only chance at Europe. it is up to him... & I wish him luck.

jessypjs repped this.
  17. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
  18. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    It's a purchase for the next season as their plan is to make him a regular starting from next season. Now they want him to just adapt to L1.

Makes sense? I don't know, but that's what they want to do, and all the fans think it's a good thing. But we will see.

19. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    The article from their website:
    The first winter recruit of the DFCO will be South Korean!

Kwon Chang-hoon (22 years old, 1m74, 69kg), former offensive midfielder of Suwon Samsung Bluewings, will engage until June 2020 with the DFCO. Although courted by many Chinese, Middle Eastern and European clubs, this great hope of South Korean football has chosen to pursue his career in Dijon in Ligue 1.

A choice that delights Olivier Delcourt: "He wanted at all costs to come to play in Europe and we are very happy that he chose the DFCO. When we realized that it was feasible, we redoubled our efforts to finalize this priority issue. It is never easy to acclimate to a new country, a new culture and a different kind of football. We will do everything possible to welcome him at his best and help him adapt quickly. "

Capable of evolving as an eccentric medium, behind the attacker or relaying medium, this left-hander is endowed with an excellent technique. "He has a great left leg, confirms Sébastien Larcier, head of recruitment. It is very spectacular because it is able to eliminate in small spaces. Whether at the pass, on dribbling or finishing level, he is at ease in offensive creativity. "

Kwon Chang-hoon made his professional debut at Suwon Samsung Bluewings in 2013 and scored 22 goals in 109 games in the K League. The neo-Dijon has 19 caps with the National Under-23 team (10 goals) and 8 selections from the A, with already 3 achievements under his belt.
    http://www.dfco.fr/archives/76891/

20. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Where do you read Dijon's plan ?
    I've never heard such a thing.

21. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    They have already an established starting XI. Now it's up to KCH to bench someone.

22. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    So it's just your opinion about the situation but Dijon never said they wouldn't use him a lot this season. The way you wrote that made me think it was the case.
    Btw, it not as if Dijon were in the top 3 in France, an "established starting XI" doesn't mean anything in this case.

23. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    You know what i meant...they have already an ideal XI. If Kwon can impress, he will be a regular and the ideal XI will change.

24. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    it doesn't mean Dijon purchased him w/ next season in mind. if Kwon CH can't force himself into starting XI or does squat for the next 6 month (not to mention, if Dijon gets relegated), there won't be "next season" for Kwon CH (at least not in the way you think it will pan out in your dreams).

Kwon CH has to make an impact this season & help Dijon stay above relegation. it was a purchase for rest of this season & on.

jessypjs repped this.
  25. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah I know but they are only ranked 15th, the argument : established starting 11 is relevant when a team actually wins matches. I think Dijon's coach will look for solution in the purpose to get points. Do you know what I mean ?