Kuyt

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by bjb7223, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fifield is a horse's patoot but he is close to sources at the team and he's right about half the time.

3. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I swear I remember Matt saying he was as good a source as any we could trust.

4. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That may very well be Matt's opinion but Fifield is someone I've been reading for years -- he's right about half the time -- which makes him a reliable source. Now if it was on icLiverpool from the Echo/Post it'd be more bankable as that is kind of the house organ for LFC.

5. ghazi

ghazi Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Chicago
    . . nobody say MATEJA KEZMAN. . .

Actually, i think he can be everything we thought Nando would be, and more. He can even play as a winger in a pinch.

6. lfcfan858

lfcfan858 New Member

May 19, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Please, I beg of you, no more wingers in a pinch, we have them now ;)

7. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. reds8daysaweek

Jul 19, 2006
    Pittsburgh
    Sweet. About time there was some resolution to this matter, one way or another.

9. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can we play Kuyt, Bellamy, Crouch and Garcia all at the same time!? ;)

10. Liverpool_SC

Liverpool_SC Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Upstate, SC
    If we can get Feya to take Kromkamp (if not Dudek as was earlier rumored) and at least reduce a first team salary from the wage bill, it would be nice. I don't really like having to pay this much for Kuyt (as other threads have indicated I would rather we spent the money elsewhere), but if Rafa is this certain that Kuyt is the guy - then more power to him. We have wasted more money elsewhere before (Diouf, Cisse, etc) and recovered from it.

I do hope that Kuyt gives us 10 (league) goals this season and raises that to 12 - 15 next season. If he doesn't, than I am convinced that this was a bad expenditure of money - no matter what he does for the next couple of years after that.

We have a great chance to push Chelsea all the way this season. And if spending this £10m a different way could improve our odds of winning the league by 2 - 3 points - I wish we would have chosen a different player.

But as soon as Kuyt joins this club - I will be rooting for him to be a big success in this league.

Keeping my fingers crossed that Kuyt is the next Larsson or Van Nistelrooy and not the next Kezman.

11. mbrossetti

mbrossetti New Member

Mar 5, 2001
    NY, NY
    How about

-------------------Reina-------------------
    ------Agger------Carra------Sami----------
    Finnan-----------------------------JAR----
    -----------Momo---------Garcia-----------
    Kuyt------------Crouch---------Bellamy---

And with Carson out on loan, i doubt rafa would be willing to use dudek as a makeweight in this deal. i guess rafa is pushing for the payments over a longer period of time.

12. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so the benefit of getting Kuijt is not being forced to play Gerrard?

13. Liverpool_SC

Liverpool_SC Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Upstate, SC
    No kidding. No reason for Finnan to be in the side with Xabi and StevieG sitting on the bench.

BTW, I realize that Dudek is probably off the table now (I qualified my comment by saying only that Dudek had been considered as a make-weight in the past. It was reported as such). But considering how high Jerzy's wages are - and the fact that nearly every loan agreement can be terminated at the discretion of either club - I would still like to see us enquire. I don't think that we are missing much if we have to draft Kirkland or Carson back into the squad to be our back-up keeper.

14. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After having read the numerous posts on the Kuyt debate, I think this is the best and most valid point. The bottom line is we are very close to Chelsea and while it's nice to have an eye on the future, we are living in the present, and need a 4th striker to contribute this year.

Personally, I think Kuyt can be that guy, and apparently so does Rafa.

15. mbrossetti

mbrossetti New Member

Mar 5, 2001
    NY, NY
    The post was more of an attempt to field kopite's suggestion of kuijt, crouch, bellamy and garcia. SG could be fitted in, but with the lack of defensive options in that lineup, i went with the 5 backs and momo.

16. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just in case anyone missed it, I'd like to put this up again. ;)

17. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd pay to see usscouse do that -- maybe in front of the Kop:eek:

18. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still haven't found a follow-up article on this yet. Other sources are still pushing Roeder and Newcastle as serious contenders for Kuyts sig.

I'm kind of interested either way how this shapes up.

19. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
  21. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Whoops, I meant to translate the first few paragraphs:

Dirk Kuyt will play the coming season for Liverpool. According to RTV Rijnmond are in the process of wrapping up the details with Feyenoord.

The attacker himself has already been around to the English club, and now Feyenoord and Liverpool are near an agreement. Liverpool are prepared to pay 15 million euro for the leader of the Rotterdammers, says RTV Rijnmond.

Liverpool showed already interest previously, but found the original asking price too high. But with sale of Jimy Traoré and the nearly certain placement in the Champions League pushed the English club to expand their financial scope.

23. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, lets not flop the Maccabi game now.

24. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States