Kuyt Liverpool's debut

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by richsavare, Aug 26, 2006.

1. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I thought he looked good coming on in the 52nd minute for the beanpole Crouch.

As always he was running, moving, and chasing, and I will be very interested to see how Dirk handles his big chance at Liverpool.

A good start indeed, but it will be all about the goals.

2. DaMatrix

DaMatrix New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    The Netherlands
    I think the Premiership is exactly the kind of football Kuyt fits in. He has had a good first match for Liverpool, I think the goals will follow naturally.

off-topic: I'm kinda new here, how can I start a new threat? I've searched everything but I can't find it! I now it's a very stupid question, so please don't laugh:)

3. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    on the main board.. just click "new topic" its a smallish silver box just at the top of the board.. on the left hand side

4. DaMatrix

DaMatrix New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    The Netherlands
    Ah! Thank you:)

5. liverbird04

liverbird04 New Member

Nov 30, 2004
    As a liverpool fan I was impressed with Kuyts debut ,I have worried about his pace but he seemed no slouch ,compared to crouch he seems positively fast:D . Potential makings of a partnership of bellamy and Kuyt ,very early days but its looking good.

6. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Kuijt is terrible, he has no skill, running around and working hard does not make you a good footballer. He'll fail miserably at Liverpool and van Basten should drop him from the Oranje.

7. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Damn straight! That traitor! I miss you Dirka Dirk comeback home...:(

8. Oranje88

Oranje88 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Jakarta
    Sorry, I don't think so. Kuyt had made a good performance in his debut, eventually no goals from him. He had a good position placement. I think and hope next match will be better from him. But he was actually nervous...

9. DaMatrix

DaMatrix New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    The Netherlands
    How many beers did you drink before you watched the game? Kuijt made a decent performance. He is not the average "lock at my fantastic skills" striker that can outplay a complete defence. He is a very different type of football player: a hard worker with great determination and strength, and he does have an eye for the goal. Kuijt performed well in the Dutch league for many years and I think he is exactly the kind of player that can be succesfull in the Premiership. Especially when he is paired with a fast and technically skillfull striker.

10. Amsteldam

Amsteldam Red Card

Oct 5, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Wow, thats harsh!!!!! :eek:
    I totally disgaree, he had an excellent outing considering he only played one half

11. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    I predict more like Kezman than like Robben

--Notice Kalou went before he did from Feyenoord?--any one give any real reason except more upside?

He is better than Kezman but below any superstar stuff --IMO

12. vanGobbel redded

vanGobbel redded Red Card

Jun 17, 2006
    Amsterdam
    Let's see how he performs under pressure, when Liverpool are behind or when Benitez makes him a starter...

13. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    I thought he was impressive, tbh. He worked hard, showed some good touches and awareness (played through Bellamy brilliantly but it was ruled offside) and was confident enough to shoot from 25 yards with his second touch. As for the Kezman comparison, I personally think it is unlikely. Kezman is a 'poacher', and if he's not scoring, then he really doesn't contribute a lot to the team. Kuijt, on the other hand, is versatile and hardworking enough to make an impact even if he isn't scoring. Having seen very little of him prior to that match, I thought he did well.

14. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I am not a big fan of Kuyt, and he certainly has his flaws, but the bottom line for him is that he must score goals.

The problem for him will be who Benitez plays him with. What does anyone see in Crouch is beyond me, and how does that man play for a club like Liverpool and England?

Back to Dirk though he must take his chance as Benitez has already gotten rid of 3 better stikers in Owen, Morientes, and Cisse.

I hope Kuyt does well for his sake and for Oranje's, and Saturday was a good start for him.

15. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I guess I'm going to need to work on my sarcasm skills ;).

16. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Whooooosh! I think I was the only one that caught that.

17. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    The last Dutch international forward to fail on his first adventure abroad was Dennis Bergkamp. Kezman isn't Dutch and as such that was an irrelevant comparison.

18. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Patje K for Milan.

19. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Forgot about that. But he came good at Barcelona as well. I think our boys know by now that moving to Italy is a much bigger risk than England or Spain.

20. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Well, Bergkamp is a player who needs support. And Kluivert is no winger. So it really is no surprise they couldn't perform.

21. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Kluivert playing the wing or right forward slot at Milan was hideous coaching.

Bierhoff who I never rated was first choice at striker at that time. He would always score on headers it seemed.

22. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Never mind Kluivert.

Did anyone see Kuyt's speech at the footballer of the year gala last night, accepting the award from his obviously seriously ill dad? How adorable was that. Perhaps I'm being girlie about this but Kuyt's exactly the type of throroughly decent bloke I want to represent Holland.

23. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    johan has a crush on Dirk!

Johan and Dirk on tv
    kissing and hugging on channel 3
    first comes love
    then comes marriage
    then comes young Jan Venegoor in a baby carriage!

24. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Ugh, I'm eating here!

25. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Kuyt just brings out my maternal instincts that's all.

Seriously I think he's got the best personality of any Dutch footballer in history.