Kuwait

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Lendog, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Lendog

Lendog Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Mt. Hood
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any good matches in Kuwait City?

2. Lendog

Lendog Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Mt. Hood
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess not

?????

3. Iranian-Striker

Iranian-Striker New Member

Aug 7, 2001
    I dont really know much about Kuwaiti football, but I do know that ever since they lost to Bahrain in the World Cup Qualifications in the second round they have declined.

4. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Upcoming matches in Kuwait:

[Oct 26]
    Kazma vs Al-Sahel
    Kuwait vs Al-Nasr
    Salmiya vs Al-Arabi

[Oct 31]
    Kazma vs Al-Shabab
    Al-Nasr vs Al-Arabi
    Al-Sahel vs Salmiya

[Nov 8]
    Salmiya vs Al-Shabab
    Al-Qadisiya vs Kuwait

The four Kuwait City clubs are Al-Qadissiyah, Al-Arabi, Kazma, and Salmiya. I believe Kazma, Al-Qadisiyah, and Kuwait are the three best-supported clubs in the country. (That being said, a big derby match with everything on the line still barely draws 10,000, and well-supported means the club averages four-digit instead of three-digit attendances.)

Unfortunately, judging from the table, the Oct. 26 matches are likely to be fairly one-sided - all of them feature big clubs against minnows. Kazma vs. Al-Shabab on the 31st should be fairly good though (4th vs 5th in table). And if you're around on Nov. 8, Al-Qadisiya vs. Kuwait is a top-of-the-table clash between two clubs with decent support.

5. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    There's an Arab Champions league game between Qadessia (KUW) and Ahli (KSA) on the 28th

6. chocolate

chocolate New Member

Oct 25, 2003
    milwaukee, WI
    Elinho im impressed u know a lot. u r right the best teams are qadisiya, arabi, kazma but i support Kuwait (i never met another supporter of kuwait city in kuwait!!!)
    the leage is getting crappier each year.!!! but this year it is much better then the last few years.
    Elinho yes when two crap teams play hardly anyone goes to a game because in kuwait all the teams come from a small place where all kuwaitis come from. therefore u dont betray ur team when u support another. so everybody then support good teams (except me)
    for example i live in salmiya but i go to my grandmas house in kazma and go to kuwait city every weekend so they are all part of me!!!
    anyways Lendog u dont want to go to a kuwait leage game go to the kuwaiti games against the GCC countries in the GCC cup in december you can get tickets for 1KD. kuwait is hosting it. if u are intrested send me a PM and i will keep u updated.
    and Iran-striker that was a really long time ago Kuwait are know really good. i bet they can even beat Iran in the 3rd of december (iran are really good but remember the game is iin kuwait. no offence or nothing personal, just supporting my team)

7. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In case you're wondering how I know this, I grew up in Dubai and have friends from Kuwait.
    I still casually follow several Arab leagues.

8. chocolate

chocolate New Member

Oct 25, 2003
    milwaukee, WI
    oh great i bet u miss it already!!! why do u watch arab leages!!!

9. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well... I may be American, but I started watching soccer there, and the first club I supported was Al-Nasr Dubai. I don't watch matches any more (it's basically impossible here) but I still try to keep tabs on who's winning championships.

10. chocolate

chocolate New Member

Oct 25, 2003
    milwaukee, WI
    ummm funny american watching arabic leages. anyways enjoy watchin soccer!!