Review: Kuran-yay or Kuran-nay?

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by KyleS8, Mar 9, 2010.

?

Kuran-yay or Kuran-nay?

1. Bring him back - Löw needs to put his ego aside.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Stick to your guns Joachim! - Löw's decision is the right one.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I just puked a bit of my breakfast up...*burp*

Yikes!!!!

2. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's not fair LB. So what if Ronaldo scored against Costa Rica, Turkey, China etc? They are still WC goals. If quality of opposition is going to be your yardstick, then dissect the goals the top strikers score in the domestic league/cup also. A large majority of them will be against the relatively weaker clubs.

Also, you chose not to comment on my other example, i.e Paolo Rossi. He didnt score against the minnows in the WC, but scored only in the last 3 games. Against Brazil, Germany and Argentina (not sure). That coming off a season he barely scored/played.

3. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In this image, which is the Argentinian flag??? Don't they have a sun in between??

4. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    We are getting off the point. The point is what strikers were cold in league play and then hot at the WC. I think consistency, across the entire tournament and not just against smaller teams in the opening rounds, is what counts. Let's look at the last few competitons:

2006: Klose's 5 goals came against Costa Rica, Ecuador (two goals each) and then one against the Argies in the quarter finals. Not very impressive or consistent. Yes he got the Golden boot, but just one goal after the group phase is not very "hot" IMHO.

2002: Fat boy Ronaldo's 8 goals were a bit more impressive as 4 came from games against Costa Rica (2), China (1) and Turkey (1). But then he netted 4 more, 1 in the Semi's against Turkey again and 2 in the final against Germany. So, yes, impressive for scoring in the later rounds and very consistent. But let's face it, that was the last we say of THAT Ronaldo. Now he eats at Dairy Queen and is quickly becoming the Brazilian answer to post-soccer Maradona. Jenny Craig is rumored to be calling him.:D

1998: Suker's 6 goal run was pretty impressive as he scored in almost every game he played, save the game against the Argies. THAT is consistency and what propelled that team as far as it got.

5. jadger

jadger Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    edit oops wrong thread lol

6. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They were the hosts. The ball in the middle is supposed to represent the sun in their flag.

7. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :::drools:::: So many to chose from......

Ok ok back on topic. Sorry. :D

8. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's what I thought. But there are already 16 flags around the football in the centre. With the centre flag, it will make it 17. And the WC format doesn't accommodate odd ( and prime at that) number of teams.

9. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think you will just have to ask LB where he found that bogus photo from :cool:

10. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    It is a logo....not rocket science. I don't think the graphic designer put that much thought into it.;)

For the record, I think BOTH the top flag and the logo flag in the middle are supposed to be the Argie flag. As for the "sun", I think it is actually a smiley face (not a sun) which was addd AFTER the 1982 Falkland Island war to cheer up the country after they lost.:D

11. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think you are right, sir. The Honduras didn't play in that world cup.

And this gem :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWek5uG7MJc"]YouTube- Udo Jürgens - Buenos dias Argentina - jahr 1978[/ame]

12. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever understood the German fascination with Schlagger.:confused::eek::confused:

13. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kevin Kuranyi will not go to World Cup, says Germany coach Joachim Löw

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/03/germany-kevin-kuranyi-world-cup

14. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yes! We don't need him, serious.

15. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The incident was not part of the consideration? Bull. If your not gonna take him Jogi at least have the balls to stay you still haven't forgave him.:rolleyes:

16. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I've got the feeling that Kuranyi will retire from international football soon.

17. Pfeife

Pfeife Member

Dec 19, 2005
    I am very dissapointed because I think Kevin really deserved a spot on the team for the WC, but in the end only Löw will have to bear the consequences if this team fails.

I really hope that Klose, Podolski and Gomez (if they all get called up) improve their game for the national team vastly over their displays for their respective clubs.

18. fanOfBayern

fanOfBayern Member

Nov 23, 2006
    Berlin
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope Loew doesn't pick Poldi (even picking Klose in the current form is wasting one place on the roster). Mueller SHOULD be picked and Loew can go with one less striker to accommodate Marin.

19. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kuranyi hasn't scored in the last 4 weeks. Loew couldn't find an excuse if Kuranyi manages to score in recent weeks. The goal drought starts when Loew(who is against Kuranyi) is about to nominate his squad.

Not the best timing i'm afraid

20. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Puleeze! Loew is just showing what a twaat he really is. Not bring the best German goal-scorer because he "wants to go another direction" tactially?!?!?!?! Focking bollocks!!! What? Loew wants to barely make it out of the group stage by NOT scoring goals?:rolleyes:

You know who Loew reminds me of? The US had a butt-head a few years ago as our coach. Luckily we got rid of him and he has prvoen since to be a miserable failure as a coach. The Germans should get rid of Loew now as he is THEIR version of this assholle. Ladys and gentlemen I give you, Steve Sampson.

[​IMG]

21. Kleyn

Kleyn Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Scoring goals for Schalke =/= scoring for NT

22. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    ....not scoring goals for Bayern or Koeln does not = scoring for the NT either.;)

Fact is, he is hot, mentally in a scoring mode and eager to play. It does not kill Loew to take him.

Sun Tzu said in the Art of War, "The commander who reserves his best troops for the parade ground is doomed to fail."

Just sayin'.

23. episkeptis

episkeptis New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Manchester
    Couldn't agree more with the last part. The principle should be that the NT consists of the players who had the best season, not of players the coach has a bias, and definitely not of players who hadn't had a solid season for 2 or 3 years but keep getting called because they have "good NT form".

24. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    I have no problem with not taking Kuranyi.

25. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Let's see how everyone feels after Klose and Poldi go scoreless and Germany blunders out after the Round of 16.:cool: