Kuffour Gone Soon?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Dead Fingers, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
  2. LordR

LordR Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Germany
    At the beginning of the season it looked like Hoeneß had already sorted out Kuffour and wanted to sell him, he even said that in the press. My theory was, that he didn't really mean it serious, but only wanted to motivate Kuffour to use his amazing potential. Kuffour had some apperances this year and didn't play bad, so i think Bayern should keep him. Kovac and Linke will probably leave, so Bayern at least should keep Kuffour. He could be a world class player IMO, and he sometimes plays like that, but way too seldom in the last two years. Anyway....he is one of my favourite players and I can't imagine FC Bayern without Kuffour. He is there for so long, and only 28.

In the latest interview Hoeneß said, that Bayern may give him a new contract, it's all a question of money.

3. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is too bad if true. I also am a Sammy Kuffour fan. I have seen the boys play twice this season and both times he came up big.

I am a little worried about the summer departures in the back... Linke, Kovac, Sagnol (possibility since he wanted out after Hitzfeld was let go) and now Kuffour? Yikes! Just when the back line looked to be finally getting somewhere. I am sure these gentlemen just want to get a game somewhere in the starting 11 on a more permanent basis. Do you blame them?

4. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    I'm a kufour fan as well but i think it's ok if all the threesome linke, kovac, kufour leave.
    Next year, Lahm is back, so salidhamidzic will move to the right or be a backup for Ze roberto.

Demichellis is good enough to replace any of these 3 though i believe we at least can keep one of them to stay, especially Kufour who is the youngest and better in some areas.

we will have serious problems if either sagnol or Owen (likely, http://www.fansfc.com/speculation_news.asp?sid=2697&fcid=51 6 mil pounds :rolleyes: ) as Owen has a great versatility that we needs in a certain situations during the season.

I think it's about time for Bayern to find a new star in DM :)

5. NeoK

NeoK Member

Oct 11, 2004
    kuffor is a symbol for bayern all over the world ,he plays with heart and passion ,no one will forget his tears in barcelona99 ,hes been with us since he was kid ,been thru alot with the club together(daughters death)

If he wants an adventure say go to england ,i dont think we'll stand in his way
    but he knows that hes welcomed here.

we should have 4 cbs for next season , lucio,kuffor,micho ,
    2 scenarios hoeness will either renew for kovac ,or sell him for couple of millions and add 5,6 more and buy a top european defender

or get friedrich or an upcoming german international ,huth,mertesacker !!

hoeness will never lewt sagnol go for less than a nice sun 8 to 10 million ,he owes bayern ,hes got lots of potential played lots of great matches but yet to put in an injury free season in a while

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I AGREE!! He is part of Bayern and should only be sold if he wants a new challenge.

7. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dammit, Kuffour is one of the biggest class acts and a great defender. He has been through so much with Bayern, personally and with the squad. If anything, get rid of Linke. At least Kuffour is still in great form. What a shame...