Alert: KSA vs North Korea - WC 2010 Qualifier - Leg 1 in (PyongYang) North Korea

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by hammad_friend, Nov 20, 2008.

1. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Dear friends,

Now the North Korean team is technically "Perfect". However, there are some loop-holes in the North Korean teams as under:

The North Korean team is wanerable in the air near the six yard box.
    The North Korean Goalie is also wanerable on headers as well as (ground level) stong shots near the goal posts on either side.
    The North Korean Goal Keeper is stong when the ball is directed in his center

The North Korean forward on the right side i.e., right hand side center forward or right in & right out are dangerous and can score on smelling it.
    The North Korean team doesn't wastes any opportunity to shot on the goal when the opportunity is provided.
    North Korean # 12 is dangerous in terms of heading the ball for a goal.
    The North Korean team mostly plays from center to flanks (wings) and then it either minus the ball towards the center or shoot at goal when near the penalty or six yard box.

I have a stong belief that if Saudi Arabia plays with all it's main players including Tayseer, Nour, Yasser, Malek and Abdoh as well as Shalhoub then we can beat the North Koreans in North Korea !!!

Go get them ....

2. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Not only NorthKorea, but also Iran and South Korea as well.

3. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I believe that we should make use of the phsyicality of players like Noor, Osama Al-Muwallid,Redha Tukr and Malek Mouath to overwhelm the North Koreans with headers. Our players are good at that.

4. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    O.K. guys, here's an update on the North Korean Football Team:

1. The defence is the foundation and is famed throughout Asia after not conceding a single goal during six games in the third round of qualification.
    2. It has been a little more porous since and suspicions are growing that the team’s goalkeeping problems have not been solved. A lack of competent shotstopping in qualification for the 2006 World Cup stopped the campaign in its tracks. Ri Myung-guk won’t be the only one hoping that his form improves in the second half of the campaign.
    3. With the team’s counter-attacking style, it is vital that the strikers take what chances come their way. After starting 2008 and the East Asian championships in blistering form, Jung Tae-se, the ‘People’s Rooney’, finished the J-League season in fine form and his goals helped Kawasaki Frontale finish second in Japan.
    4. Hong Yong-jo is adept at coming from deep to making use of that space. Hong, who plays his club football in Russia, is, perhaps, the Kenny Dalglish to Jung’s Ian Rush and his set piece skills are another asset.
    5. With the under-rated An Yong-hak patrolling the middle, North Korea use the ball well and have team spirit coming out of their ears.

So, North Koreans will definitely try to shot on target from outside the box once they get an opportunity or they will try to penetrate from the flanks and shoot.
    They will surely play counter attacking football
    North Korean defence is stong and Saudis will find it almost impossible for it to be breakup or penetrated so the best option for the saudis will be to Shoot at Sight as the North Korea goalie is also not good at stopping shots on goal.

Saudi will be playing the game in - (Minus) below 0 degree temperature (that will be too cold and probably snowing) and infront of a noisy crowd, so, the saudis should prepare well as it is a crusial must win match.

I sure hope Nasser Al Johar reads this or atleast someone referrs these tips to him.

5. OPSK

OPSK Member

Jan 30, 2006
    definatly dont underestimate "people" Rooney, if you guys can keep him in check, it should be easy match, but you let him go off for second, bad things can happen. He can make goal as well as destroy side to create empty space for his teammate, definately keep him in check! and good luck on coming matches.

6. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I hope that the Saudi FA specially Prince Sultan now start focusing on February 11, 2009 match which is not too far away ....

Saudis should play at least 3 friendlies and one against Japan would be splendid specially if it can be played in Japan !

I recon Saudis should arrange a friendly against Denmark as North Korea has recently played against the Danes and lost 1-0 .

7. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Trust me Hammad, Prince Sultan and the FA have a point to prove to the media, they are in a big war (check out Saudi64's post). This match is do or die for them, and they will get the point across to Nasser al Johar and the whole squad.

8. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    saudi should play against some big teams or new teams for freindly..not repeatedly against bahrain,syria or any other arab team..they shud go for some european teamss

9. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Really nice! you were right in a lot of things and i'm sure the FA are going to do thier best to win. Laith was right about it "it's DO OR DIE" to our FA. they called Mohammed Noor Officially! they also called Naser Al Shamrani after he had some problems witht he couch.
    about the defense.. we saw the last gulf cup. Al Johar chosed Al Hilal center backs and it was certainly a successful choice!

btw Al Marshadi was the best player in the tournement!

10. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Are u sure?

11. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
  12. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    He'll get a mystery injury 1 day before the match.

13. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    U think so :D. I don't, remember it's a live or die to our FA.

14. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Haha good point. :D

15. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Don't worry, they're doing a training camp in Japan or S. Korea and they're going to schedule a strong friendly. I hear Japan has asked our FA to play a friendly with us.

16. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Thats Gr8 .... Against Japan in Japan is just perfect .... I hope they play at least 2 friendlies against Japan ...

17. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    do u guys think absense of forwards like yasser and malek really affected saudis performance in last three matches

18. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yasser and Nasser "or Basheer" should play..

19. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    If they put in comptent forwards like Nassar Al-Shamrani and Eisa Al-Meyhani instead of people like Faisal Al-Sultan (who plays second fiddle to al-shamrani in al shabab) that wouldn't be a problem.

If it's one thing that Saudi Arabia doesn't lack is talented forwards.

20. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    100% 3ala al jar7

21. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    u did not got my point...if yasser and malek would hav played from the first match then the performance and result of kingdom could change or not...and how long is saad al harthis injury..who is faisal bin sultan..never heard of him but i know he played with saudis in first three match...why did nasser al johar select him only from other talented strikers in kingdom...

22. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Faisal Al-Sultan is a substitute for Nasser Al-Shamrani and Naji Majrashi at Al-Shabab. Why Al-Johar picked him? I don't know.

23. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Naser AlJohar is a kind of coach who looks for special players who don't play on a regular basis. Why? He looks for unknown players who he thinks could succeed if given a chance in the NT, therefore gives him the chance like Faisal sultan, Naif AlHazazi, AlZowri etc. If he succeeds, he will claim that I Naser AlJohar opened the door for this player, and whether he does achieve something with the NT, he can still argue that he revealed many new young stars. Why choose a well known player who will do your job but most of the time won't because he isn't really motivated so he doesn't play good? Choose a player that is unknown, will have lots of motivation, might not play very well but will try.

24. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    So the NT is Nasser Al-Jowher's personal try-out center?

25. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

LOL.......... That's funny. :D