"Kroos'ing to la undécima"- The Official Welcome Toni Kroos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Zidane also said the betis game was the worst moment in the season. I can’t remember the game - what was the context?

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We went ahead and blew the lead against Barca. I remember he said the team was flying and it felt like a punch in the face.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He said a few weeks ago that Adidas have begged him to switch to a new model, at the end of the day kids want to be able to go and buy the "Toni Kroos shoe" and nobody can sell them that. Which is why he had it included as a contract clause that he doesn't have to play in a new model, but can custom order that same one until he isn't playing anymore.

Doni and J-Mezzy repped this.
  4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have never been a fan of the tail wagging the dog but some exec at Adidas should suggest bringing it back as a retro model and sell the crap out of it.

RMSocrates, Ahmadi8 and Stiliyan repped this.
  5. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was the game immediately following the Clasico win in the Bernabeu. It was also the last game before the lockdown began.

So we blew the table lead on the final game before the break and the players probably had that result in their head for 3 months

madridista_hr, Umar, hector_br and 2 others repped this.
  6. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Toni’s idiosyncrasies amuse me :D

7. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've got the model but I am not playing anymore and are in very good condition. I might sell them in eBay :D

Cris 09 repped this.
  8. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    "Manchester had a lot of interest in me before the World Cup and a deal was close," Kroos confirmed.

"Then my agent called me and told me about Real Madrid, and when Real Madrid appear you put Manchester behind them in the line.

"At the World Cup Joachim Low asked me if I was leaving for Madrid, so I told him about it and he was happy for me to negotiate things during the tournament."

Don't matter if SAF called him Manchester are behind Real Madrid no matter what their fans think

hala_madrid722 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Moyes was coaching Manchester United back then, and was sacked and replaced with Van Gaal, a coach Toni allegedly doesn't have too much time for.

Digital repped this.
  10. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Dont matter if SAF was their in 2014, he would have rejected them over us once we showed interest.

11. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was visiting the MU forum here. They thought Kroos was a done deal.

J-Mezzy and Prit Javier repped this.
  12. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    LOLLLLL

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He said himself that it was last week. What people don't get is that the tone of the recent podcast he appeared in with German journalist Frank Buschmann is pretty light hearted, so don't expect an exact representation of what happened there, he basically spend a few moments speaking in Joachim Löw's voice.

In his own podcast he said that he had agreed in terms, Moyes was in Munich to meet Kroos and his wife, they had everything set, but then Moyes got sacked and Van Gaal was hired and Kroos wasn't buying in.

Van Gaal didn't like Kroos as a Bayern player and the two weren't going to work together. Look at these articles from back then:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ster-united-interest-toni-kroos-bayern-munich

Excape Goat repped this.
  14. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Real Madrid is just in a class of its own when it comes to players desiring to play at a big club.

Saeta Rubia and Prit Javier repped this.
  15. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    United and their fans need to realise that

16. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    (STOP CALLING THE GUY TONI CRUZ FOR ********S SAKE) great compilation

J-Mezzy and Cris 09 repped this.
  17. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We only paid 25 million euros for him. Then, Bayern Munich then paid us around 8 million euros for Xabi Alonso. So we swapped players for 17 million euros and he is 8 years younger. We then eliminated Bayern twice in the CL since he joined us.

Meanwhile, Manchester United desperately needed a big signing after their first and horrible season after SAF's departure. They were connected with many players that summer. I recalled connecting Di Maria with Old Trafford long before the deal. They needed a star and we needed to sell him, but I did not expect them to break the British record to buy him. It sounded much sweater when their marriage lasted only a single season. Manchester United signed Bastian Schweinsteiger in 2015 and then, broke the world record to sign Pogba in 2016. If they got Kroos in 2014, they probably would not have broken the British record for Di Maria and then,the world record for Pogba. I would not say it changed the balance of power in Europe, but we certainly got the better of a deal.

Shay Z, RMrules, hala_madrid722 and 2 others repped this.
  18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Utd were not even in CL for 2014-15 thanks to Moyes. I always thought they were wasting their time going after Kroos as a CL team will snatch him as soon as they show interest. Luckily it was us and Chelsea were also interested apparently, but we had just won La Decima so was pretty confident that he'd choose RM.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's common knowledge that he had already a deal set in place with them, he said it himself just last week, until they sacked Moyes and hired Van Gaal who had a mutual dislike for each other.

Moyes was in Munich and visited him at his house and they were cool.

20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Utd were miserable that season under Moyes. I assume he agreed to join Moyes only because other clubs were focusing on their ongoing season then. Flo went to meet Benzema at his home and Roman did the same with Hazard post season. Moyes obviously had time to go to Germany mid season and meet with Kroos while he was coaching Utd to 7th or 8th. That's why he didn't even get to complete a full season there.

21. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Man United needed to sign someone to answer their fans' displeasure. They were linked with a lot of star players, but in the end, no one wanted to join a sinking ship. We were laughing at them over here, I recalled. They ended up signing Di Maria. I did not remember Manchester United's team in the 2013-2014 season. Did they need him as a player?

PS: I just realised that Falcao joined them on loan that September. Manchester United was desperate.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know who or what you're arguing against here. The player himself said "Mit Manchester United war alles klar, aber dann wurde Moyes entlassen und Van Gaal wurde geholt", I don't see what this whole flag waving is supposed to prove.

23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He also said this so I don't know what you are trying to prove eiether. RM went for Kroos after the season got over. Even if Moyes had stayed, he'd have snubbed Utd after RM's interest. Kroos wasn't gonna join a sinking ship when defending CL champions were interested. Willian went to London for Spurs medical and ended up joining Chelsea as soon as they showed interest. Players do that when they get an offer from a club in better position to compete. Utd had no competition for Kroos mid-season when Moyes went to his house and then he got offers from RM and Chelsea during the World Cup.

"Manchester had a lot of interest in me before the World Cup and a deal was close," Kroos confirmed.

"Then my agent called me and told me about Real Madrid, and when Real Madrid appear you put Manchester behind them in the line."

hector_br and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I heard that one as well and he was having a laugh about it with Buschmann, doing Jogi Löw voice impressions. He explained the entire story behind the Real Madrid transfer on his own podcast, even going to detail that Florentino pushed them number 8 shirt on him and forced him to take it, and his brother saying that barely anybody on our directors board speaks English.

25. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018

RMSocrates, Lyra, Digital and 6 others repped this.