"Kroos'ed to la decimoquinta"- The Official Welcome Toni Kroos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Kroos is saying that the referee on this match was bad, that doesn't confirm your conspiracy theories that everyone is against us and trying for us not to win the league.

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Lol you think this is his first tirade on the pitch or first show of disdain for the officiating?

The irony that the team and manager are conspiracy theorist according to how you measure is hilarious to me. I'm equally sure they don't care what me (or you) think about how they feel about how they are being treated

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  3. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Uuhm sorry what? What I'm saying is super simple. Kroos is complaining about the referee on this match. I replied to the comments in here that take that as a confirmation that there is a system against us in Spain. Which is a ridiculous claim tbh.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I believe what I said was equally as simple; this isn't his first time and the manager and other players have also joined in the "feeling" at different points as well.

So they (including Kroos) are ridiculous... even though they are the ones who feel this most and have shown their frustration on the pitch and after.

Lol.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  5. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    It is telling when you see super cool people like Carlo and Toni get frustrated to THIS extent. This man Carlo he doesn't even move when we score CL final winners, i think it takes a lot for him to reach boiling point and this is the only season i remember when i've seen him really lose it on the sidelines at least on 3 occasions (of the top of my head).

Personally, i was quite shocked when i saw Toni slap the ground in frustration like that. Genuinely surprised and concerned and the fact that he's spoken in detail about it on his podcast days later shows it wasn't just a momentary episode of anger or frusration.

Halycon, petros93, HZinho and 5 others repped this.
  6. Forcamadrid2

Forcamadrid2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 13, 2017
    I have said it before, 10 bad small calls are much worse than 1 big blunder. The continuous wrong calls kill the game flow and frustrate players more than one big blunder.

zizou555 repped this.
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    It's how to control a match. The frustration builds from the indecisiveness due to uncomfortable feeling.

Then it becomes even more when a disproportionate number of our goals are annulled compared to our rivals; especially considering we play more offensive, controlling and rely on fouling and aggression less than they do.

For instance against messi barcelona if a referee is allowing all kinds of fouling, aggression and contact it wouldn't show in the stats after the match. However it would severely hamper their ability to play.

It's natural for lesser teams to rely on these tactics to even the playing field however it shouldn't be natural for an supposed unbiased official to change how they call a game.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kroos: "I sat and thought about it, and when it came down to it, the worst case scenario with the national team, would end up making no difference to me."

9. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's a healthy thought, no? My impression of Kroos is that he's someone that genuinely doesn't seem to care about what most people think of him. And from what I understand, he hasn't necessarily been a loved figure in Germany anyway, so I can understand his "whatever happens, it's fine for me". But maybe my impression of his popularity in Germany is not based on solid grounds.

10. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    There has been a definite thing in Germany for over a decade now to pin the blame for failure on some kind of moral/mental weakness of the players

When Germany crashed out of the euros in 2012, ironically due to Löw trying to shoehorn Kroos into the midfield, articles were seriously written claiming Lahm, Mueller, Schweini etc were a generation of loveable losers.

Then of course Bayern did the treble and germany won the world cup, yet these memes stuck around - especially around Ozil. Then it came to a head in '18 and since then numerous scapegoats have been found Ozil, Boateng, Gundogan, Hummels, Kroos, Neuer even laughably Mueller and now Kimmich and Goretzka .... all somehow lacking the german values of old.

Kroos should be regarded as one of the greatest german midfielders ever, yet somehow the pundit class claimed he was to blame and the all action Kimmich+Goretzka needed to run the midfield. Same thing with Gundogan recently who has been one of the best midfielders in europe for years now, yet somehow isn't good enough for germany.

The irony is, just like with Ozil, Germany got much worse when Kroos retired. Especially getting rid of these 2 players, who were supposedly defensive liabilities, didn't improve the defence at all - it got worse!

So yes, a strangely unloved player, surrounded by a bunch of dumb tropes because he doesn't play how the Munich crowd want. Yet in reality, anyone still good enough to play for Madrid is good enough to play for this poor german side. There's an odd belief that you can somehow have the elite mentality to have the kind of career that Kroos has had, yet lack german winning values.

Digital and Shay Z repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, I took it as a "if we fail, nothing changes for me". He said he played out the games and the tournament in his head. Pretty funny.

12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Kroos is one of the few authentic figures in sports. Not only is he authentic, but he’s unbiased

will call out poor reffing against us but also point out when a refs made calls or missed calls that benefitted

petros93 repped this.
  13. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019

Digital repped this.
  14. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Shay Z, Digital and 4x4s repped this.
  16. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    “I taught you everything you know. But I didn't teach you everything I know.”

rrrrrafik repped this.
  17. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kroos looks like an evangelical from Arkansas blessing his sons with the spirit of the holy Ghost and Eduardo's like I only attended those Thursday group meetings for the free food.

Umar, hector_br and J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Food's good. Especially free.

19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cris 09 repped this.
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Stiliyan, Excape Goat, Digital and 6 others repped this.
  21. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019
    Deserved. Happy he's staying onboard!

Digital, Saeta Rubia and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  22. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to start that Kroos Ballon D’Or PR campaign if Madrid and Germany go all the way ;)

Glide84, Shay Z, Ssr9 and 4 others repped this.
  23. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I don't get too emotional over football, but Toni and Luka's retirement will certainly hurt. Absolute legends. I spent my happiest years as a Madridista watching them. It's not like watching CR go. He was great but a trashy person. Toni and Luka are pure class.

24. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    Yeah that shit is gonna suck. My first (and only) visit to the SB was for the Supercopa game back in 2014 (1-1) against Atletico. Think that was Kroos debut at the SB. Got his name printed on my shirt while my cousin got Cr7.

My fav player over the last 10 years for us. ******** it’s gonna hurt :cry:

RoadMan and J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good thing being in Germany is that you hear and see Kroos everywhere so I will never feel like I miss the guy.

He has done everything right so far. Incredible career and life management. A model athlete.

Cris 09, hector_br, Galatico and 2 others repped this.