Kristine Lilly

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by REVS FAN 1, Jul 20, 2009.

1. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still Kicking
    By John Powers
    July 19, 2009

[​IMG]

So what’s on your iPod as opposed to theirs?

Styx is still on there. I’ve got Barry Manilow on there. I love Elton John, Queen, a variety. But then I’ll suddenly like one of the hit songs, and my teammates all laugh at me. I’ll ask, “Who sings that song? Something like Ne-Yo? That’s a name?”

Just another reason Kristine is my all time favorite player!:D

2. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lilly can't wait until next year
    By JOHN NASH

As she stood on a terrace over-looking the Harvard Stadium turf, Kristine Lilly was all but certain of one thing: She had one more year left in her, one more year to give back to the sport that has given her so much.

"It's like anybody who has a job. You want to do it as long as you can, especially if you love it," she said. "Ever since I was little, my biggest strength on the soccer field is that I can play the game. As long as I feel like I'm making an impact -- that I'm happy with, not everybody else -- then I'll keep playing. I don't have much left in this engine, but I'm hanging in here. That's my plan."

:D

3. PoetSong

PoetSong New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Good for her!

If anyone can positively benefit an organization on all levels, and an aspect of culture, it's Lilly. Her passion, honesty, and humility extend to all who have worked with her, and for that the Breakers, Boston, etc. are a better place.

But y'all know that!

Best wishes to her and her support teams.

4. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lily played well this season and she should keep playing as long as she thinks she can. If she stays in shape why couldn't she play till 40 or even older?

5. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.nesn.com/2010/05/the-sports-museum-reveals-the-tradition-honorees.html

The Sports Museum at the TD Garden has announced the honorees for this summer's ninth annual "The Tradition."

The 1970 Stanley Cup champion Boston Bruins will receive a lifetime achievement award, Red Sox great Dwight Evans will receive the Baseball Legacy Award, Jo Jo White will receive the Basketball Legacy Award, Kristine Lilly will receive the Soccer Legacy Award, Steve Nelson will receive the Football Legacy Award and NESN's Jerry Remy will receive the Media Legacy Award.

The Tradition is the annual fundraising event for The Sports Museum, located on the 5th and 6th levels of the TD Garden. The museum is a nonprofit educational institution and features memorabilia and exhibits based on the best of Boston sports.

Tickets are on sale for the June 14 event at the TD Garden.

Congrats Lil