Kreis Trade Official

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Hitman, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is just the reality of sports - especially one with a salary cap.

Joe Montana
    Jerry Rice
    Emmitt Smith

add Jason Kreis to the list.

I would never boo Jason Kreis in any situation. I may not clap if / when he scores against us, but I would never boo him. In fact I would clap for him before and after the game.

Jason deserves nothing but the best and our heart felt gratitude for everything he has done for this team.

2. dice50

dice50 New Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Norman, Oklahoma
    If only the league would bump the salary cap from 1.7-3 million a year. Then we could keep players like Jason Kries, assuming he would want to stay, on top of our two main forwards at a good salary. This is how the level of play will improve. Say our new imported forward gets injured this year well we could have Kries going in and starting for him and not see much of a drop in the level of play, but under our current salary structure we will have some rookie or converted midfielder up there; which will definetly lead to a drop in play.

3. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    This is the email exchange I had today with Ransom (Inferno member last year till he moved home to California):

Jonno:
    Jason Kreis has been traded to the new expansion team, Real
    Salt Lake.

Ransom:
    Like Tim Brown leaving the Raiders.
    He'll always be in red and black, though.

Jonno:
    I'm kind of glad b/c he just wasn't going to cut it anymore.
    But the guy gave everything & was the one thing the Burn can
    really be proud of in 9 years.

Ransom:
    I was kind of glad b/c he just wasn't going to cut it anymore.
    But the guy gave everything & was the one thing the Raiders can
    really be proud of in 15 years.

4. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep.
    On the last day of the season when I saw him walking towards his locker room, I had a bad feeling that would be his last appearance in a Burn uniform. Sadly nothing last forever. His true heart and dedication to Dallas for 9 seasons will certainly be miss.

Thank you JK9, THE KING OF GOALS.

I for one will also NEVER jeer him.

As for E.J...............the student becomes the teacher. :cool:

5. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't you mean, "When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master"?

6. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same thing.

7. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uhh...... ya' sure 'bout that? ;-)

8. j.r.'s mom

j.r.'s mom New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Carrollton, Texas
    Oh, man, I knew I shouldn't have logged in again. Now I'm going to start boo-hooing all over again.

9. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

well put, thats goin in the sig.

Well good luck Jason, many memories here in Big D, guess it was perfect timing, with no more Burn and all. I won't boo ya, and I won't cheer for ya (except inside), but you can bet your ass I'll have a huge grin and a standing ovation ready for you when you get #100.

Now watch out for that fieldturf, I hear its not nice ;)

10. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does the initials G.A.M. mean something to you? ;)

11. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Taking away nostalgia, I think the only downside to this move is that it perhaps increases the chances of Pareja being taken in the late expansion rounds by Chivas as a great player in the room and off the bench for a new team. Other than that I think we got something for nothing as just about everybody listed Kreis as unprotected on their expansion lists and other than Pareja I don't see any of the possible three players we may lose as being very significant. That could change if the future considerations are a late round pick, whereby we probably could've traded Gbandi for something more.

Edit: I just saw our unprotected list, so substitute Behncke or Salyer for Gbandi. And with new information, I'd say our future considerations will need to at least be a 2nd round pick to compensate for losing Behncke.

12. F.C.D.

F.C.D. New Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Dallas
    It's 9:30 CT. I expected the SLC would have sent out a press release by now. I'd love to read a Q&A with Kreis and see how he reacted during the "unveiling". Is he excited, does he hold a grudge? and what about the turf??? Or did I miss it?

13. Wacko4Burn

Wacko4Burn New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Waco, TX
  14. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  15. Nutz

Nutz New Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Houston, TX
    I'm a little pissed, as I'm sure Kreis is, to see that they traded him for future considerations. This B.S. "future considerations" theme may lead to 1 more year out of the playoffs.

16. doctor_j

doctor_j New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    reppin' ETex
    best lines:

MLSnet.com: What do you think of the coincidence that you were the last original Burn player with the club (for all nine years of the team), and now you're moving on as the team changes its name and moves into a new stadium. Is that kind of interesting to you?

JK: Yeah, I wonder a little bit whether that is 100 percent a coincidence.

and

MLSnet.com: So then should we bet money on you reaching 100 goals?

JK: I would stake the house on it.

heh, literally.

I'm reALly gonna miss him. I'm sure the Cowboys wouldn't mind having Emmitt back at this point, too ;)

17. ihearttheburn

ihearttheburn New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Denton/Plano, Texas
    Aww, come on its only November! Can we hold off on the jinxing until at least February/March?

18. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas

because you know if we kept kreis we wouldnt have to worry about using those pesky allocations for those pesky ol midfielders :rolleyes:

19. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    absolutely not.

20. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    future considerations usually means that it can change based on certain factors...

from our article yesterday...
    http://www.3rddegree.net/

21. Argentine Gaucho 25

Nov 15, 2004
    California
    Darn it!
    I Wonder if FCD96 will be the same without him? Probably not, and since Jason is going for the trade, I'm thinking we should get someone like Buddle or Cunningham....

22. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    The one good thing I can take away from this: the FO seems pretty confident that they can land a starting quality striker through allocation or discovery. I don't think they pull the trigger on this.....or give Jason the kind of salary and minute projections that they did.....if they weren't sure of landing someone else to pair up with EJ.

23. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How does someone who claims allegiance to ManU, & Boc Jrs. and who lives in California be an FC Dallas fan? The only reason I question is the low no. of post displayed. :cool:

24. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That settles it then...No MLS Cup for 80 years...the Curse of the Kries has begun....

25. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So no cap space, just picks and the rights to any possible allocation?