Kreis Trade Official

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Hitman, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
  2. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will say what I said in another thread:

Future considerations? I hate that.

He's Jason Kreis. Would San Fransisco traded Joe Montana to Kansas City for future considerations? Did LA trade Shaq for future considerations?

Future considerations is some shell game crap that at the end of the day means we gave him away for a handful of beans. And FC Dallas is no fairy tale.

All I know is we had the leading goal scorer in league history on our roster. IF we give him away, we should know what we get in return. Right now. The #2 pick in the Superdraft? An allocation? Something. I hate giving away the very heart and the face of this franchise for Door #2.

Who knows what the hell we get in return.

I am not saying I am against him moving - and Kreis may well have pushed for this move I just wish I knew what we were getting. Because once he's in a Real uniform, our leverage is gone. The urgency to get the most from this deal is gone.

3. WhipBoy

WhipBoy New Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Could "future considerations" be a player taken in the expansion draft for FC Dallas?

4. Mrs.TexasArsenal

Mrs.TexasArsenal New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    I hate future considerations too. :mad:
    Bye JK09 ... wish you could have retired in Dallas.

5. txaggie93

txaggie93 New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Yes.

6. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    future considerations could mean salary cap help. ie we can now bring in a more expensive player. if this is true i am all for it, if not, booooooooo.

7. WhipBoy

WhipBoy New Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Another question... is the "cap room" essentially his salary going off the books? Or do we recieve a cap exception like NBA teams sometimes get? (meaning we can go over the cap XXX amount) Sorry, I'm fairly new to MLS and this is my first offseason.

8. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh super. We get another team's reject for our iconic player.

I would hope its not a slot in the expansion draft - there is not one player on that list I would trade Kreis for. I wouldn't trade Jason for the entire list.

I might for an allocation. I might for the #2 Superdraft pick.

I just hate how future considerations have the potential be manipulated by MLS HQ to satisy someone elses agenda.

9. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I agree, the best thing out this deal is a great burden taken off your salary cap. Now you can bring a hopefully more youthful and productive player that will be part of your starting lineup. Jason probably wasn't satisfied being a reserve and it was an honorable thing for the club to let him have a chance to be a starter somewhere else.

10. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    Just for comparisons sake, last winter's trade of Jaime Moreno from NJ to DCU got the metro future considerations: DCU's 1st and 3rd round picks in this year's superdraft.

11. F.C.D.

F.C.D. New Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Dallas

I would think just having him off the roster would be salary cap help as he was close to max.

Buzz stated that FCD was going to leave him unprotected, the way I look at it this way we at least get something for him.

12. SCBozeman

SCBozeman Member

Jun 3, 2001
    St. Louis
    Not surprising, but depressing.

Loyalty is a two-way street. Fans are less and less loyal to losing teams, players are not loyal to teams/clubs and their fans, teams/clubs are not loyal to players. What would it have cost Dallas to keep Jason Kreis another two years until retirement? A few thousand dollars? One less draft pick? A bit of its soul?

Fewer and fewer players that I associated with the team I support. Perhaps my interest is waning as well.

13. GoldFinger

GoldFinger New Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Don't play the loyalty issue unless we know what Jason wanted.

14. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Sure, but now we have to unprotect another player that would have been protected had Jason not been traded. So, what we get back for him BETTER be of more value then the player we might lose. Of course, we will never know if this is the case since we don't know who the extra unprotected player will be.

15. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Relax Chris ! We do not know yet what the future considerations are/is. The key work is in your post POTETNTIAL. Has HSG got any history in this regard.. to doubt that we got the most bang for the buck? I was a little paranoid when no trade announcement was made on Moday or yesterday. I did not want to let him go for nothing as I suppose that neither that the HSG Junta.

16. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did it occur to you that he wanted out?

17. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm okay. I am sorry to see Jason go. I just don't like the idea of giving him away and NOT knowing what we get in return, though this makes me feel better that we get something of value in return.

18. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Worst part about this: I will now have to boo JK09 when he comes back to town with the FAke Salt Lake. And that just sucks.

19. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United

No you don't, at RFK nobody boos Pope or Agoos or any other former DC United player except for Albright....and Mark Lisi after his Metrostars Crest kissing spectacle at RFK a fews years back after he was traded.

I would think Kreis would get a nice hand from Dallas crowds on his return trips home.

20. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will stand (I'll already be standing) and give him a hand during the player intros and thank him for his contributions.... After that he just another punk.

21. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    No way bub. Jason gets respect. I won't be cheering if he scores on us but he gets a clap before kickoff.

22. F.C.D.

F.C.D. New Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Dallas

I think you have it wrong. Dallas had to protect 12 regardless, so with Eddie graduating we had to expose 7 players. But with Jason being traded we expose only 6. If you assume Jason was going to be protected then by trading him we actually open a spot for someone else. If he wasn't going to be protected then it's a wash.

23. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was traded to get "considerations in return" Exposing him to the draft would have ginven us zilch other than salary cap room. Trading him after the draft would mean that value would have been lost.

24. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime
    We know what Jason wanted.

-bs

25. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime
    You haven't been paying close attention to this forum.

-bs