Kovalenko & Olsen

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Birdman, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Birdman

Birdman New Member

Feb 13, 2003
    We better find a few more of these fireballs before the start of next season. Too many old guys and lazy young guys hurt us bad this year. I don't think Hudson is at fault this year. Every game he had to play with what he had, and for the most part it was a mediocre team he was putting on the field. Thank god Dema and Benny signed new deals or else you might as well forget about the future of this franchise. Stoichkov and Etcheverry are all time greats but it is time for them to move on. Bring in more young guys and build this team the right way.

2. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Well, Michael Owen is looking for a new club. ;)

3. schmuckatelli

schmuckatelli New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    I agree with two out of three of your ideas: 1. yes to Kovalenko and Olsen. They were both very solid this season. 2. Yes to bring in more young guys to replace aging guys like Etcheverry and Stoichkov. 3. No to retaining Hudson, particularly in view of 2. above.

As you say, the results this season may not be entirely his fault, but Hudson has shown neither the patience nor the aptitude for molding younger players. Hire Mooch Myernick or somebody who has experience and shows a talent for developing the young guys. That will make DC United (again) a magnet for talent, instead of a repelant.

4. galperin

galperin Member

Feb 1, 2001
    Maineville, OH
    Dema is an embarassment of a soccer player. A complete and utter thug. Nothin' but a hack.

I'm a huge DCU fan, and I HATE that Dema is a part of the squad.

I agree, we need more heart, like Olsen, but there is a differernce between heart (Benny), and being a reckless jackass (Dema).