Korean Footy Blues

Discussion in 'Korea' started by melonbarmonster, Sep 23, 2011.

1. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    I am getting pretty tired of being a Korean footy fan these days. Park Jisung is riding bench... for real this time. I know he'll get his chance and last season Nani rode bench after carrying the season when Park healed from his injury and I know, we all know, the arguments. Call me fanboy but when it's all said and done, I want the man to play. I was hoping that this was going to be his banner year.

What could have been Son's breakout year and another foot injury and his team is floundering. Koo isn't doing it for me personally for KNT or for his club. PCY's outing was promising and yet timid. Ji Dongwon is a ray of hope but is going to need time. And of course LCY leg break... goddam my stomach just turned remembering that LCY broke his leg. shib..

Maybe I have too many responsibilities and/or getting too old but really it's just not exciting for me as it used to be. I still remember waking up in middle of the night and logging into BS to get internet links of PJS and LYP playing CL matches for PSV and screaming by myself in the dark even when none of my friends cared about this sport.

And of course to top it all off, when we're going through a crap period the nipponese are having their best moment in 10 years.:cool:

I need my light at the end of this tunnel.

2. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    2011 --> unusually bad year for us

3. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    every country gets shit years. Uruguay had like 30 years of shit, Japan had a shit 06...the good times will come.

4. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    its the marathon that is world cup qualifying. once we get to 2013 im sure it will be more exciting. its kinda the downside of not having a club to support i guess. my advice is to try playing yourself some or start following k-league more if possible to pass the time.

5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It was the same at the beginning of last year. Son had a broken foot. PJS was on the bench. PCY was sitting behind MBokani and Niculae. Ki was timid and / or on the bench. LCY was our only consistent guy.

The season is long. Our players are young. Have hope.

6. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  7. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    We not only need hope, we need some.... Commitment .

[​IMG]

8. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If you say it like that then we should end the season strong.

We will see PJS starting... hopefully... PCY starting ahead of Walcott and Chamak. Ki will be ready for a big summer transfer. LCY will be back to his old self. Son will score more then 15 goals this season. Ji dong won starting. Koo will settle his problems and find his niche on the team. Maybe Nam tae hee will start appearing more often as well.
    :D

Son is such a tease. Goes on goal scoring sprees and injures himself 2 weeks later. I can't wait to see Son score more goals. But it does suck that Hamburg keep losing.

9. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Honestly who gives a shit about PJS delusional mothafucka thinks he's ManUtd "Legend" material. :rolleyes:

10. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

well only 4 more years til he gets a testimonial match. i believe that in itself will put him up there with the legends.

11. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Except he's not staying at Man United for the next 4 years.

12. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    4 years? Thats delusional. He'll be gone before this contract expires.

13. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    PJS is a sap

what do you expect from a dude who refuses to criticize fans who openly mock his roots and who just sits back and watches his manager betray him a la 2008 CL Final.

14. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    sorry buddy,

this isn't an off chance thing, this is something they've been working on for years and is starting to pay heaps and dividends while corrupt stupid korean ahjussis just milked "world cup fever" for years and assumed we would always be on "top" (we never were).

problem with koreans is they love korea not football.

15. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    You might have a point if you can somehow explain why and how that's even a problem.

16. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    "OH YEAAAAH ITS WORLD CUP TIME TROLOLLOL I LOVE FOOTBALL SO MUCH"

"huh? we have to qualify for it?"

17. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    and then they buy tickets and fund our national team

18. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    for that one year.

meanwhile K-League attendances leave much to be desired.

19. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    And this is bad how?

If anything, this is a wonderful problem to have especially for a country that struggles to get its public interested in football.