Post-match: Korea vs Costa Rica (Friendly) September 23, 2022

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Lionel Richie, Sep 20, 2022.

?

Which result do you predict?

Poll closed Sep 23, 2022.
  1. Korea will win.

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. It'll be a tie.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Costa Rica will win.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    VENUE
    Goyang Stadium

TIME ZONE
    Australian Eastern Time, Fri, 23 Sep 2022 at 21:00 AET
    Korea Standard Time, Fri, 23 Sep 2022 at 20:00 KST
    Central European Summer Time, Fri, 23 Sep 2022 at 13:00 CEST
    British Summer Time, Fri, 23 Sep 2022 at 12:00 BST
    Atlantic Time, Fri, 23 Sep 2022 at 08:00 AT
    Eastern Time, Fri, 23 Sep 2022 at 07:00 ET
    Pacific Time, Fri, 23 Sep 2022 at 04:00 PT

Time Zone Converter – Time Difference Calculator (timeanddate.com)

BROADCASTER
    TV조선

2. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  3. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I've never seen Yang Hyun Jun play so hope he will get some time on the pitch.

seolseol repped this.
  4. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
  5. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    HHC with a lefted shot from just outside the box from a lovely cutback from #24

6. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    And #24 loses his marker and the Ticos scores

7. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    wow this team suck...sooo bad

8. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    HUJ...:laugh::laugh: pulls a Torres

9. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania

Right back position is a real problem going into WC. Jeonbuk full-back is not reliable as well.

10. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    HHC is on another level. Why is he not starting at wolves?

11. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    I didn't watch the game but the result is very disappointing.

South Korea just constantly leave the backdoor open. Any half decent opposition will score on them.

Bento doesn't strike me as a manager who can bring success to South Korea in the World Cup.

He just wants to play "his" football and results aren't so important for him.

If Ghana can show themselves a competent side against Brazil later this day I will have Son & Co. finishing bottom of their group.

12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    HUJ misses alot as usual. Korea needs to score since the defense is no that strong. Its soon october. WC start soon. Time to start worry?

13. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Only saw the first half before the stream died but what I saw was encouraging. Really.

14. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    would not say he's on another level. but he was hitting his stride at the beginning of the season as the striker when Jimenez was out...Wolves are just terrible

15. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i watched the 2nd only but when CRC was down a man, they still pressed and locked down any build up KNT was trying to muster...it was terrible.

16. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This match wasn't entirely bad, but it wasn't all that good either, it was OK. Started off strong, then started flopping a bit, then barely avoided a loss to an experimental Costa Rica side.

Now first off, Kim Min-jae imo was motm with his excellent performance, but for the love of God our players especially the defenders and midfielders need to help him out. There were many instances where he basically went one man army, and although that is somewhat good for his performance per se, it is not OK given how much it becomes a burden on his shoulders to do everyone's job. I even saw him yelling at the players to fall back because they pushed too high creating massive space at the back.

Hwang Ui-jo at his usual, flopped too many open chances, he needs to stay composed and not rush his shots. There was a moment in the first half where had he passed the ball to Son who was wide open, we would've been up 2-0 before half time, but instead he decided to floor it at goal.

Son needs to continue to take FKs for both knt and Tottenham, ffs Kane needs to let Son take them from now on. Other than his beautiful fk goal, his performance was OK.

Yoon Jong-gyu was a breathe of fresh air, of all the RB options we have currently, imo he provided the most stability at the back. I'm not sure if he'll get rested during our next match vs Cameroon, but I'd love to see him start again since 1. Kim Moon-hwan is in poor form, and 2. Kim Tae-hwan isn't necessarily a better option.

I won't say anything bad about Na Sang-ho this time as he did make some successful runs and key passes, so I'll leave it at that. As for Jung Woo-young, although at times he can cut off the oppositions attack through fouls, he tends to be overly aggressive to the point it gets him cautioned which is not a good thing to do. I know I've heard some players and coaches say that it's OK to get cautioned for stopping the oppositions attacking plays, at the WC it can be and will be very costly if not careful, so that's something he needs to drill it in his head.

Something I also need to point out is that although build up football can be good in terms of the manager and players that you have, we unfortunately do not have the key players to be playing build up football. Yes, it is too late to turn back now, but I've noticed the same patterns of issues that we've been having thus far with Portugal when Bento was at the helm; FBs bombing forward to the point it leaves a massive open space at the back and it becomes hard for them to recover. I am noticing this more with Kim Jin-su and Hong Chul than with any of our RBs, our left side is a lot more vulnerable. Our midfield as well also leaves massive space within the middle that leaves our defense very vulnerable. These are the very issues that Costa Rica capitalized/took advantage of tonight, but the likes of Japan(Twice), Paraguay, Brazil all have done the same.

I forgot about Son Jun-ho, but he played well especially his passing and ball distributions, very unlucky his shot scraped the post though.

the rainmaker, Kamtedrejt and seolseol repped this.
  17. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  18. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    glad we conceded that second goal. Ridiculous defending. and Hopefully it humbles Son that he shouldn’t be trying to do drop deep and do everything

19. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    judging from highlights, not a bad game. Liked what I saw from Kwon CH, and good to see Hwang HC playing confidently despite not getting time with his club. Loved the first goal with a great sequence from Kwon, Hwang IB, and the new RB. Son had plenty of chances which is a good sign. Hwang UJ also had some gifts that I'm not as patient about. Clearly we need to build around Son whether he's misfiring or on a hot streak. Hwang UJ has always been profligate and doesn't offer good link-up in the final third so I'm hoping he's dropped/role changes to supersub.

Eager to see Lee Kangin and hopefully Yang Hyunjun against Cameroon

Seol Korea and seolseol repped this.
  20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You can pair Hwang Ui-jo with anyone and it would be the same outcome. Whether he's playing as a lone striker, a two top combo, or even a three top, the results and performances won't change. He's just one of those players who can perform really well at mediocre level but choke/flop at top level.

21. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hwang Hee-chan goal + Yoon Jong-gyu assist.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Son Heung-min FK goal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

seolseol repped this.
  22. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The build up to first goal is great.

Seol Korea repped this.
  23. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah, normally if it was Lee Yong, he would be bombing with crosses, but Yoon's vision and decision to pass was something else, let alone his runs were good too.

seolseol repped this.
  24. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    MOM = HHC, KMJ.

Seriously, KMJ is a beast.
    I gotta love HHC's directness.. Love watching him dribble through multiple players.

JYW = as usual, fking shit. Can we not play him at all? He fked up again and KMJ couldn't clear the ball and we conceded.

KJS = I personally hate this guy so much. Still cant forgive him for just giving up at the end during the final in Asian Cup and we conceded. He did similar shit today. His crossing is just unwatchable.

SMH = other than the freekick, he was terrible. Made a terrible ball touch and we conceded.

NSH = why play him over YHJ?

KCH = he's not the same player we used to praise anymore.

HUJ = he's definitely not in form. Terrible finishing.

I really wished to see LKI and YHJ. If Bento does not play them again in the next match, seriously.............

nmssis repped this.
  25. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    our tactic was good. it's just that our defense let in two soft goals.