korea jersey

Discussion in 'Korea' started by casualfan, Aug 15, 2002.

1. casualfan

casualfan New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    i'm getting one off my friends sister who's coming back from Korea this month...i sure as hell hope that the one she brings back isn't that crap plastic one you talk about, cause i dished out some hard earned money for this..

2. quattrosystem

quattrosystem Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hey dude,
    How could you tell they were fake?? Gimme some tips! I know some shirt are defects, bc I've bought some that looked EXACTLY like the real thing (then compared to the shirts that I have or know someone who has of the retail versions), just with some defects.

Has anyone tried ordering the home replicas from Big Soccer? Or maybe Soccer Plus http://www.soccerplus.net/
    Soccer plus does the lettering too for 17.99 USD.

3. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it's easier to compare if you have the real thing as well. I got the fake Real jersey for my brother and compared it to my Real Madrid jersey which I bought in Spain. Same thing with the Arsenal jersey. But if you don't have a real one to compare to, look inside the jersey. It should have the manufacturers tag on the inside bottom of the jersey. Basically the tag says where it was made and how you should wash it. The two jerseys I got off of eBay didn't have the tags. Also I noticed that the crest is bigger then normal. But of course I only noticed it from comparing to a real one. But another thing I noticed was that if you look inside the shirt, they'll have like a white fabric with where the crest is sewn on. It's kind of like a support I guess. But the jerseys I own don't have that white piece of fabric. I don't know if that last tip was very clear or not.

Basically that's the way I can tell. But these guys are getting craftier. The fakes I got all came with "Dri-Fit" tags and all that. Anyway, I'd say the main giveaway is the tag on the inside. Either that or just don't try to win a jersey from a guy in Thailand. Hope this helped.

4. casualfan

casualfan New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    you mentioned Dri Fit as being fake....that really worries me....this jersey im supposed to get from this guy at my school mentioned something about Dri Fit, i hope that I heard it wrong..

5. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    GOOD NEWS FOR EVERYONE!

get your butts down to subside right now, they have restocked on Korea Home cool-motion jerseys, complete with naming and numbering avaliable! Get it fast cuz I doubt it'll last long...
    I love subside :)

6. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I mean it depends. Last year's Nike jerseys were all Dri-Fit I believe. You could most likely tell if it's real if it has a little Dri-Fit tag on the sleeve or bottom of the shirt. My Arsenal jersey has a little Dri-Fit tag screened on. The fake one I got didn't have it. So if you're getting a jersey they brought out for this season, then all the Nike's are cool-motion.

7. Stinger

Stinger New Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Germany, Duisburg
  8. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    let me revive this old thread...

ok... my question is, i want to buy a jersey with lettering (i want park ji sung's) as cheap as possible. i dont care if its a replica, as long as they made a decent attempt to make it look real. 60 bucks seems too much, anyone know of any retailer?

9. Stinger

Stinger New Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Germany, Duisburg
  10. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    my friends said it was a concubine colour lol

11. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    I got an official cool motion one of Hong Myung-bo and I have 3 others (Hwang, Lee YP and Kim N I, the latter which I gave to my GF...) and none are for sale.
    I bought my Hong one unprinted before the WC and got it printed just after the match against poland.

12. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Southeast Asian fakes

Some fakes from Southeast Asia are very good. I used to live in Indonesia and lately their newest shirts have been of pretty good quality. You can tell theyre fake, but thats coz its the cheapest one.... Im sure the more expensive fakes are very convincing

13. GoldStarMicrowaves

GoldStarMicrowaves New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    ShinDangDong
    http://www.megazone.co.kr/

go here if you want to get the lasts of the CoolMotion WC Korea Home or Away Jersey. They're authentic, and I'm getting one too. For 20% off, it's def worth it

14. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Re: Re: Adidas???

Koreans do have an obsession wtih Nike. There's always something on them Nike. Mine's Umbro lol. Yeah I got a few Nikes here and there... but I knew one Korean guy who was totally over the top. He had Nike shoes, Nike shorts, Nike shirt, Nike hat... if they had any probably Nike condoms lol

15. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Why are the designs of the national jerseys exactly the same? I remember back in 98 there was acutally some orignality!
    I was disappointed that it seemed the people at Nike and Adidas slacked off BIG time! Still, ugly as it is, I still love that shirt.

16. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Re: Re: Re: Adidas???

HEY!!! Keep the red! Red shirts can work. We just don't have enough designers or something... anyway our Nike contractors don't seem to care. Can't hire some Italian who does it for a living now or else he'll have a red shirt with a small blue penis drawn on it. agghh!

17. CL39

CL39 New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Los Angeles
    not only is our "RED" kit not red, but Nike had another problem 5 years ago (WC 98) when that most famous and classic of national jerseys, the Dutch orange was, well, not orange.
    I agree, Adidas is so much better.

18. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    KOREA could go with BLUE uniforms, because that was one of their old uniforms and that is one of the colors of KFA. I think they should have it as a 3rd uniform for special games.

*I'd like to see Japan break out a RED special uniform too.

19. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Shirts are on sale in Korea

I was working in the summer around Samsung-dong near the COEX and had requests from my brothers to bring back Korean football gear. So I went to the Nike shops at Gangnam (near the #2 station), the one at Hak-dong Sa-gu-ri (Hak-dong intersection) and the one at Apgu-jong-dong. And everytime I went there were plenty of shirts there. Each was at a reduced sale price of 60,000 won. So I bought my brothers the white jerseys (cause that's the one we beat Portugal, Italy and Spain) plus the red shorts that go with that shirt. Gentlemen. There are plenty of shirts that are being sold at the Nike store. Granted, I didn't get the original cool motion with the inlining (cause that goes for 90,000 won). But there are plenty of Korea jerseys on sale there. You can even get the socks.

Gangnam Nike Store: Gangnam-yuk (#2 line station)
    Apgu Nike Store: Apkujong-yuk (#3 station) - walk down the street.
    Hakdong Nike Store: take a taxi and tell the driver "hak-dong sa-guh-ri" and you can't miss it (a huge Nike Store).
    I'm sure there are other stores around, but that's where I went.

20. Stinger

Stinger New Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Germany, Duisburg
  21. Koreacrazy

Koreacrazy New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Toronto Ontario
    Korea Away Jersey

Ok..this really sucks....I just ordered the full away uniform. I have several....and the jerseys are size 110 (XL) In the summer I tried a 105 and liked the fit, so of course I ordered it. Now that summer is over and I gained weight 105 is to tight.

I have a brand new 2 layer Away jersey...and am looking for a 110 size. I'm willing to trade or sell this one.

Anyone know someone selling a 110 (xl) unmarked?

Please help a fellow Red~ snif snif :(