Koke leaves Dynamo

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by El Naranja, May 29, 2011.

1. Orange_Yoshi

Orange_Yoshi New Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point Landin seems to be the much better player, atleast he was able last longer and didn't complain. He was fat but sorta loyal to the club. (well more than koke was)

2. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this, unfortunitely, is true. this says more about koke than i ever could

3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are you even bothering posting on here? Last weekend to you and bzygo we were a bunch of insane, inane, moronic idiots whose opinion means nothing (especially to the FO) - so why bother coming on here to post anything at all?

4. el nordissimo

el nordissimo Member

Jul 31, 2008
    "018"
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYgKmOJT_gM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYgKmOJT_gM[/ame]

5. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He betted??

7. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a Sergio Koke thread in April that had some discussion about his gambling.

9. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    He didn't start and wasn't captain for a game where the way the coin toss went was apparently a locus of (corrupt) betting action. Intriguing but if he didn't actually captain the team that day then his involvement, if any, would have to be indirect, go-between, cutout.

I find the revival of the Koke-haters amusing, particularly to the extent it involves elevating one LA Landin as part of the argument. Koke showed up fit and had a goal in 233 minutes of PT...slightly over 2 games. Though he didn't look prepared for the roughness of MLS, he held the ball OK, was a competent passer, and nearly set up a couple goals.

In contrast, Landin was out of shape and had 2 goals in 19 appearances. Between the two, there is no argument about the biggest waste of space to ever front the Dynamo:

Ade Akinbiyi (snuck that one in, eh?).

Double digit appearances, no MLS goals. After him is Landin (who hasn't scored a Mexican league goal since he left town). Then Caraccio (2G, 10 games). Then maybe Koke. Just because he clashed with management doesn't make him a useless ballplayer.

10. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've heard otherwise

11. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Makes you wonder what kind of action Tony Caig got with the London bookies the season he was here with us . . .

12. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too.

13. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Landin was an over rated bag of suck. Koke is a stone cold quitter.
    Quitter will ALWAYS win the "i'm worse than you" contest.

Landin > Koke

14. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    We've already gone over this before. If the franchise benches you for the big rivalry game and says they were considering strongly letting you go in July when some sort of contract-moment was to arrive, isn't leaving on your own terms self-defense?

And all due respect but Landin cashing our checks for a year and doing squat, holds us back more than someone honestly saying they don't feel like they fit in here and I'd like to take off and you can cancel my contract and get someone you prefer. If we actually sign a replacement, Koke-followed by-stud sounds much better to me than Landin-Landin-and more Landin.

I mean, your whole position is ironic. I thought some foreigner coming here out of shape and just cashing our checks was like THE DP NIGHTMARE. Now you're suggesting it's more upsetting to have a better player who quits. I can't say I agree.

And, last thought, when he touts certain players like Cisco and suggests what we need is a lineup change, I think you are taking a point directed at DK as one directed at the team, which it doesn't sound like was intended. When has he gone off on his teammates? The fans? The setup? He simply didn't see the point in DK getting frustrated trying to make him a round peg in a square hole while his family sat in Europe. I don't blame him and by making himself scarce he has given us the ability to replace him right away in the next few weeks.

15. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I tend to agree with you except that Landin was a DP (cost we paid for transfer) and he did it for 18 months. At least Koke cost us near nothing and was gone in five weeks.

16. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    true. and yes landin took more money from us. no argument there.

but my over all mantra in life is quitting is at the bottom of human qualities. and all quitters have excuses.

i don't miss either one of them for what it's worth............

17. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Those were some hard times.:)

19. SenorCool

SenorCool Member

Apr 10, 2006
    In a House
    I miss Koke and so do the rest of the Kokeheads!

20. dynamo JZ

dynamo JZ Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Haha, unreal. Doesn't seem possible that this is actually still the same season and we're headed to MLS Cup. Gotta love this league..

21. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh Mr Contreras..

if you didnt leave, we would have most likely never gotten Camargo or Costly.

Thanks for giving me an impression on Spanish people from Malaga.

Quitters and Cryers.

22. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somebody should fly Koke to MLS Cup immediately after his match in Spain is over.:eek:

*ducks*

23. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He deserves a winner's medal or ring.....whatever the ******** we give out...lol

24. csdynamicfan

csdynamicfan Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol i was actually a big rooter/fan for Koke
    seemed like an awesome guy with the potential to give houston that touch we so badly needed
    well he is playing in La Liga with Rayo and did score a goal...good for him i guess

25. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea me too. I cheer for anybody in Orange, and I always hope things will turn around for guys not doing well.