KNOCKOUT STAGE TRAVEL LOGISTICS

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by CaptainRooney, Mar 29, 2018.

1. CaptainRooney

CaptainRooney New Member

England
    Oct 13, 2017
    Hi Everyone,

I purchased the TST-4 ENGLAND ticket series from FIFA and am trying to figure out the logistics for the Round of 16 game. Assuming England get past the group stages, the game will either be in Rostov-on-Don on July 2nd or in Moscow on July 3rd. England's last group match is in Kaliningrad on June 28th and we most likely will not know where this TST Round of 16 game will be held until after that match.

I am trying to figure out how best to organize my trip without purchasing unnecessary flights and wasting money. I don't want to stay in Kaliningrad for an extra three nights after the England v Belgium match so I'm curious as to what people think is the best way to plan around getting to the round of 16 match. I've been to knockout games in South Africa and Brazil but always knew what match I was going to beforehand but this is the first tournament where I purchased TST tickets and will not know where the match will be played until the end of the group stages. I'm open to any and all suggestions on how I can best plan for either round of 16 game in Rostov-on-Don or Moscow.

Thanks!

2. lufcinsfo

lufcinsfo Member

leeds united
    Republic of Ireland
    Dec 12, 2017
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Why not just plan to spend a couple of days in Rostov-on-Don regardless of whether your match ends up there?

1. Book a flight back to Moscow for the day after the England-Belgium game.
    2. Book passage to Rostov-on-Don by plane or train as you prefer so that you can spend a few days being a tourist there before the match.
    3. Book a flight from Moscow to Rostov-on-Don that returns to Moscow on the morning of July 3.
    4. If England finishes 2nd in their group, you'll see their R16 match in Rostov. If England finishes 1st, 3rd, or 4th, you'll be back to Moscow in time for their R16 game there. And you have the option of buying a ticket in the last-minute phase to the R16 match in Rostov anyway. These should be readily available because Belgium, Panama, and Tunisia are not bringing a lot of fans.