Alert: Klinsmann announces roster for May/June camp on Thursday (announcement included in this thread)

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by AutoPenalti, May 14, 2013.

1. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Maybe the German Media put pressure on him to release it sooner since Germany's roster will also be out this week. :p

Suyuntuy and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  4. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Twitter code.... They know they can't say "got called up, heading to the states now". Or something.

So mo edu's, "I'm on a flight" is a dead giveaway.

Same with this one.. Bedoya is "flying" with American flag shoes. Ok..........

AleBedoya17 Sun is out so decided to bring out the "Fly" kicks!! Wearing my @ItsJeremyScott shoes! instagram.com/p/ZXvm0-GX2w/

5. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    Don't screw this up, JK.

Pl@ymaker and Fanatical Monk repped this.
  6. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bedoya called.

7. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    What would Klinsmann specifically have to do to not "screw up" this May/June camp roster announcement?

(There's no way he can make everyone happy, right?)

8. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Can i say that I love the call up rumor thread....

Photos at the airport, random twitter references about LA weather... Gets me thru the day.

orcrist repped this.
  9. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    Goff (with some news on Hamid that has already been tweeted) also offers some details/confirmation that some players from the camp (of perhaps 27 players) will not stick around for the WCQs (which is obvious, but worth seeing in print/online).

Interesting that some MLS players are apparently being released by their clubs (early and ahead of the official FIFA dates in June) for the BEL and GER friendlies -- with the possibility/likelihood that the players won't be involved with the WCQs in June.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/soccer-insider/wp/2013/05/15/d-c-united-news-and-notes-13/

In contrast to Hamid, who apparently has been given the green light by United to go to JK's camp ahead of the BEL and GER friendlies, United did not extend that courtesy (perhaps for very legitimate reasons) to some of the club's Canadian players:

TheHoustonHoyaFan repped this.
  10. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Nice.
    Hope Costa Rica's delegation files a complaint that not being able to play a full strength Canada squad is another attempt by the USSF to undermine their WC qualifying.

FW__, cpwilson80 and ImaPuppy repped this.
  11. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    I actually hope that happens, too.

So FIFA would have to tell CRC to schedule their friendlies on FIFA dates.

(And then FIFA would have to encourage other NTs to do the same.)

12. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    True.

Don't screw this up from my perspective, JK. #solipsism

13. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    Fair enough.

So, from your perspective, who are the 27 (or however many) you would call to this camp ahead of the next 5 games in May/June?

Don't screw it up, because, if you announce/post it here, it's very likely (fairly or unfairly) going to get critiqued.

Statman and TheHoustonHoyaFan repped this.
  14. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bedoya's call up is good because it gives us wing options. If it's accurate. But man, he sure has oodles of that team chemistry that's required. Oodles! And he's been learning so much at JK's camps.

(No offense to Bedoya who has been playing well.)

Mr Martin repped this.
  15. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Nothing that a week of hard-running two a days can't solve. Throw in a nutrition seminar, yoga class and a magic show, and he will be up to speed (or down to speed).

Berks repped this.
  16. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Can we get Gob at least?

WrmBrnr, dwsmith1972 and tab5g repped this.
  17. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm hearing Penn and Teller.

tab5g repped this.
  18. swedust

swedust Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    Speaking for myself: he would have to exhibit through some of his selections that he is actually looking beyond the "usual suspects" and pet players (Shea, for instance) that he has rolled out by and large.

So the inclusion of Bedoya, Kljestan, Corona, Pontius (were he not injured), Gatt and players of that ilk would be the sort of indication I am looking for. Not all of them, but some selections of that type: players in positions of need who were/have been underutilized during the f'ing friendlies he squandered when experimentation would have been low-risk.

Getting Boca, Goodson, Shea, Edu, to fill out the roster is not really supplying an answer to the squad's depth questions, IMO.

19. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    Well, you're likely only hearing half of that duo.

20. Editor In Chimp

Editor In Chimp Member+

Sep 7, 2008
    I do enjoy watching his completely anonymous performances. Oh wait no I don't.

21. Editor In Chimp

Editor In Chimp Member+

Sep 7, 2008
    WE'VE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE

ImaPuppy and dwsmith1972 repped this.
  22. dwsmith1972

dwsmith1972 BigSoccer Supporter

May 11, 2007
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just ten more days!

23. AutoPenalti

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't not say?

24. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know it was a joke ;) but Bedoya was in the January camp, did well, and got minutes during the v Canada friendly and did well on the attack...

Watch the wings
    It's no secret that that U.S. struggled with wide play at times during the last qualifying round. So it's no surprise that Klinsmann has been auditioning players who can fill in on the outside. That's one reason Gatt is in camp. Zusi, Davis and Alejandro Bedoya have also been deployed there during the scrimmages, even if they're not natural wingers.

"As soon as the ball turns over, Jurgen wants us to spread the field as wide as we possibly can," Davis said Friday. "You have to be able to adapt your game and play different styles at this level."
    Bedoya echoed those comments. "I think they like the guys on the wings to stay out wide," he said. "Usually I like to come in centrally and combine, but I have to be able stay wide, get by the defender one-on-one and get crosses in when I have the opportunity."

http://insider.espn.go.com/sports/s...nal-team-early-look-usmnt-lineup-canada-match

Berks repped this.
  25. AutoPenalti

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, as a winger I'm mostly taught by my coach to play wide, but I'm still used to playing wide then cut in centrally.