KK181: Because the Cheno Avatar Demands It

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by Pass-n-Go, Jul 11, 2011.

1. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I take it I missed some sort of warning that the front page was going to look different. I'm such a creature of habit that (apparently) even a website update thrown my morning off even more than it already was...

Mondays are not my friend and this week is going to be not at all fun nor exciting but sucky. And the 3rd thing I did this am was accidentally cut myself. And that will probably be a high point of the day.

2. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Between today and next Thursday, I'm working one day. That's assuming my sickly coworker doesn't get admitted to the hospital again.

3. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    furlough? You've mentioned those before. :(

I shouldn't b!tch about my situation, I know. But,

well,

I'm b!tchy.

4. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Well, it's one day of furlough and the rest are vacation days. Because of the furlough, and the fact we have to take 5 days per quarter, it means I keep putting off taking my vacation time.

I'm salaried, so they take out x amount per paycheck regardless. So, whether I take 1 furlough day or 1 vacation day, it doesn't affect what I take home. It's just a matter of cramming them all in. :eek:

5. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I hope you're going to do some fun stuff while you're off from work :)

I've borrowed a netbook from the library (yay, libraries) so I have a computer at home tonight. This thing is tiny.

6. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The other night my work IT guy fixed my laptop. For free!!! Hurray! Now my limited funds can be used on something else :)

7. Pass-n-Go

Pass-n-Go Member+

Jul 5, 2008
    Hookers and blow;)

8. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People who take advantage of older people and con them into giving them their money suck. Really suck. There is a special place in hell for them.

Luckily not my parents but those of a friend of mine.

In other news, you can buy ipad covers made from Bernie Madoff's pants if you want.

9. Pass-n-Go

Pass-n-Go Member+

Jul 5, 2008
    Got to be careful

10. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know. I'm having a serious conversation with my parents about this very issue in the next week. Just to make sure everything is and stays ok.

11. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  12. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Such a perfect gif for the last couple of posts :D

The "friend" that's been bilking my friend's parents should get kicked like that every freaking hour of the day.

13. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    My dad's more worried about the money I'm bilking out of him. :D

14. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, my folks aren't going to be happy that I want to have the "let me see that your finances are ok right now and let's talk about making sure they stay that way so you won't have to live in a box and dumpster dive when you're 85" conversation. Perhaps I should find a different way to phrase it when I talk to them.

In happier parental news...

My mom made some awesome lemon meringue pie for me :D

15. lockhart_13

lockhart_13 Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Fortunately my dad was so stingy basically no one could talk him out of a nickle. We only had problems when he got older the gold diggers half his age began showing up and trying to get their names on his bank accounts. The older he got the worse it got. We literally had some whore at his death bed trying to get him to sign stuff. As if watching my dad die wasn't enough hell.

Well that was f-ing cheerful sorry. My mom could make great Scottish Short Bread from scratch though.:eek:

16. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ugh. Special place in hell for that sort, too. People just really suck sometimes.

My parents are older but still competent and independent cusses. And that's why they won't appreciate my "you're old & people will try to scam you & I need to know how you're doing financially" input.

17. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trying to bring some cheer back into the KK so:

[​IMG]

Case in point:

[​IMG]

18. lockhart_13

lockhart_13 Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Dallas, TX

You have been reading Bonnie's diary again haven't you?:p

19. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nope. My two circles line up perfectly.

:p

20. wokeupfuzzy

wokeupfuzzy Member

Apr 24, 2010
    So...I know this is not going to be considered "bringing back the cheer," but has anyone here had a hernia? :eek:

21. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A herniated disc in your back? I haven't but my dad has. Not fun :(

Because I'm a nerd, I'm watching Rick Steves show (Copenhagen tonight) b/f the WPS playoff game. I also don't have cable and this show is much better imo than ET or Inside Edition or 2 1/2 men reruns.

22. wokeupfuzzy

wokeupfuzzy Member

Apr 24, 2010
    not that - I mean the abdominal kind.

Rick Steves has a show? Who knew? I only know him from the guides. Also, my friend told me the other day that she is a closeted 2 1/2 Men fan. ick.

23. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh. No experience w/ those. Doesn't sound good :eek:

Rick Steves tv info

I like Rick Steves better than Rudy Maxa (his show usually follows Steves on my public tv station) b/c Rick is more targeted at "normal" people and not the budget isn't an issue crowd of Maxa.

24. lockhart_13

lockhart_13 Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Okay so this isn't going to make you feel better, but I knew someone with an abdominal hernia who developed a nasty post surgical infection. He had a gaping gut wound for months. He did eventually totally recover and was able to fully resume his former pursuits, which were mainly cheating on his wife, doing bad things with other peoples money and going to jail periodically. So I can't give any observations on what the long term out come is for someone of good moral character, but health wise the sleaze bag did just fine.

25. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Attention, MagicJack shoppers.

You have Abby. We have DOOP!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx-Jmq8k_Ps"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx-Jmq8k_Ps[/ame]

DOOP! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Abby.

:p