KK 91: Y'all just don't understand!

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by BS8Jen'sUserName, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    Organized religion, whatever the denomination, tends to try to convert other's, under the auspices that the converting religion is the only way to the "Promised Land," and God help them if they don't want to be converted. History abounds with evidence of that. Hell, let's make it current -- the US Pres. is fighting a religious war right now, and there are a lot of people who think he's right. And no matter what people say about it, as long as he wraps himself around religion with this thing, it is a religious war.

I have no idea what God says. I know only what humans have written on the matter.

Funny, I've been told by a lot of religious types (including people in positions of power in the churches) that I'm going to hell because of who I love. And if I were to listen to some of the Baptist teachings, I would also know that I'm going to hell because I'm a woman who doesn't believe that I should cater to a husband.

2. CRays6

CRays6 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    Could we please stop talking about religion, it's giving me a ********ing headache. If you wanna talk about religion this in depth start a new thread dedicated to religion.

Point is you can argue this stuff til you're blue in the face and it's not really gonna matter.

Just don't call people stupid.

Thanks.

That is all......

3. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    Vatican II...

It's slow, but it has happened.

4. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    Also it would be about the equivalent of say... changing the "Right to bear arms". For the same reasons.

5. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    Hey, how far into the Today Show was Brandi on?

EDIT: Hey! Look! George Carlin was talking about religion on this show!

6. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, big gulps, huh?

7. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    Hmmm...okay.

8. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    You should've taken that turn at Albuquerque.

9. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    *Hands B a Mike's and Motrin*

10. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    You know what I mean?

*edit*

With the whole "the Framers put that in because it was nessary to the times...malitia" and what not.

So people back then were kinda dumb and amung stuff like the Earth is not round... animal by products wasn't a thought.

So my point is... it's outdated but tradition. You change one thing, especially something that big, you might as well change the whole damned thing.

*edit* jeez im worse that usual with the typing

11. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually I rather like it there. You gotta love a place where anyone on the street will gladly shave your back for a nickel. Plus you can drink straight out of the ashtrays--It's okay, they're clean!

12. CRays6

CRays6 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    *stops drinking because she says too much stupid *********

and I'll trade you the Motrin......for a sledge hammer.

13. UWHusky

UWHusky New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I can't speak for other religions. I can't really speak for Catholicism, but I can tell you my understanding of the Catholic faith.

Catholicism is not the only way to heaven. Christianity is not the only way to heaven. The things I do as a Catholic (go to church, pray, fast during Lent), I do to try to improve my relationship with God. If I found a better way to do that for me, I would. But so far, this is what I've got.

Well, I emphatically disagree with the people in power who told you that and with that Baptist teaching.

They say that because they believe not following those teachings is a sin. But I wonder if they're forgetting that we're all sinners. We all fall. Does that mean we're all going to hell? Possibly. That's not for us to know.

14. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    You need to proceed to the welcome room, where we spray you with lye and ask that you squat and cough.

15. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    Yah, I got it, thanks. I just think it's a good thing to change with the times. keep current, ya know. But I'm weird that way.

16. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    *hands you a sledge hammer*

17. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    well it would be nice if it changed.... but pigs will fly first.

18. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    *looks up*

Nope, not yet! :D

19. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    Hideki Matsui is some kind'a ugly.

:| :|

20. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You say it's a good thing to change with the times, but who's to say that the times are not just changing, but actually progressing? I don't think that just because technology advances and new ideas are brought forth that things are necessarily better because of that new technology and new ideas.

Medical science has made incredible, nay, fantabulous strides in the past century. I feel that much progress has been made. But is it progress to be able to keep a brain dead person's lungs functioning and heart beating, even as the other organs decay and rot? I don't think that all change is progress, and I don't think proposed ideas should be accepted so readily. I don't know who to credit this quote to, but here goes: "There is no new morality, only the same old immorality."

And I have feelings about religion and stuff, but I doubt you want to hear them.

21. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is indeed a rather unattractive Japanese man. He can also beat the tar out of Red Sox pitchers, the cretinous jerk.

22. rbatc

rbatc New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    San Fran. Bay Area
    ROFL...Katie Couric fired one at Brandi....Brandi shoulda headed it out....

23. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    I wish Jeter would take a liner to the nuts. :eek:

Then perhaps that "i'm a perfect ass****" face would go away. He just needs to get hit.

The red sox are gonna loose.

24. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hm. Jeter is one of those guys whose abilities I can't help but respect, but I still don't like him on principle. How can you not be impressed by that catch he made earlier in the year when he dove into the seats? I'd still laugh if he got a crippling injury, though. Same with Barry Bonds. Amazing, stupendous player. I'd love to see him banned for life for steroid use.

25. pimper

pimper Member

Dec 23, 2003
    i love hooper
    I hope you go to heaven.