KK 178: The Rise of the Cobra Kai Revolution

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by Mookie141, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could have just said new jersey. :D

Didn't have HBO when it was on - it's on the physical (ugh) Netflix queue.

Just go up to her and ask her. What's the worst that could happen?

Nope, they don't.

I'm currently on a huge Doctor Who/Torchwood kick, so I'm going through all of them on Netflix, as well as pulling up some older Doctor Who stuff. Weeds and The Wire to follow after.

You've all watched Party Down, right? Funny stuff.

2. kittenbiscuits

kittenbiscuits New Member

May 8, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ha YES, i used to work catering when in law school, so i was dying through most of season 1. i miss jane lynch.

3. lockhart_13

lockhart_13 Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I got in to Korean Film for a while of all things, particularly the spooky stuff.
    "Memories of Murder" is one of the best films I've ever seen. Need to watch it again. Based on a actual series of murders in Korea.

4. Pass-n-Go

Pass-n-Go Member+

Jul 5, 2008
    Don't Tempt Me?

5. wokeupfuzzy

wokeupfuzzy Member

Apr 24, 2010
    I should put the Wire on my list, my roommate was addicted. And I need to catch up on the new season of Weeds. btw, when does the new season of Dexter start? So good.

Tonight I'm actually watching...Avatar. SO BAD. Ugh, why did I get suckered into seeing it finally? Why did people like this?

6. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I watched a sweet, dark, sad Norwegian flick. Monster Thursday.

Which pretty much describes most all of them.

The first 4-5 days I was in Oslo, the sun was out, the highs were in the mid-upper 30s, and really pleasant. Then it got dark and rained. And got colder. And darker. Night came about 4 p.m. And it rained some more. To the point where I was praying for snow, because at least it's dryer.

It stayed like that until my last two days, when it finally snowed. And was still dark. And cold.

I came in on a late night flight, so I came home and went straight to bed. I woke up to temperatures around 80, with a bright blue sky and bright yellow sun. My mood immediately rose several notches. (Never mind that I had to wear sunglasses for 2 days anytime I was outside.)

I get the dark Scandinavian depression. And I was only there for 2 weeks. I imagine whole winters would make the perkiest of people contemplate suicide.

7. kittenbiscuits

May 8, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that is why swedepop is so ridiculously fun.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcNo07Xp8aQ&ob=av2n"]YouTube- Robyn - Dancing On My Own[/ame]

8. Pass-n-Go

Pass-n-Go Member+

Jul 5, 2008
    Avatar is great visually but its story is just Dances with Wolves in space. When I saw in a theater, some of the people cheered at humanity blowing up the alien's home. I guess they did not like that aliens were made out to be the greatest of greatest and humanity as the villians.

9. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I liked Avatar. Not so much for the overall story, but the feel of the movie and the detail that went into creating the planet. I mean, it really made for a great experience. But it seems that a lot of that is lost on the small screen.

10. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Reading the latest in the rivalry forum, it seems Bompastor and Abily are headed back to OL ... this time for good, it seems.

11. kittenbiscuits

May 8, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    holy shit are the freedom going to suck, then! FCGP can get by they still have boxx.

12. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Cobra Kai Revolution! *Hssssssssssk*

13. Pass-n-Go

Pass-n-Go Member+

Jul 5, 2008
    It will be webcasted.

14. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It was until it was banned by the national divers association.

15. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    So, who took a dive?

16. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Do you really have to guess. Hint: We played the Freedumb.

17. lockhart_13

lockhart_13 Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Today I was driving about with a few friends and we saw a billboard advertising some service for people with 'challenged credit.' We decided the billboard should have read 'differently-abled credit.' Political Correctness and all.

18. lockhart_13

lockhart_13 Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Is this where I say something about rats and sinking ships?

19. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    my mom likes to endangered my life by asking me that every time that I come back from a Pride game, I stop by Richmond, CA *aka the place were gangs set cars on fire* just because she flipping LOVES El Pollo loco.... mind you the Pride has been playing games at 7:00 p.m. and it is a 2 1/2 hour drive home

:D :D :D

20. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    I guess Mookie thinks it was Aby. I have to say I was half sleep since I was at the Equestrian Center all morning and got home, turned the computer on and crashed within seconds! I was awaken "constantly" by the matchtracker noise of the goals, and I thought it was a mistake because I heard it 3 times in a short interval of time, so I looked and the Pride was up by like 4 goals already.

Going back to the dive issue.. I didn't see the part previous to the PK, but I heard Abby went down, and the commentators saying it looked REALLY serious, but next thing you know, she is the one that takes the PK, and after that she limped away... so I guess I'll have to wait for the replay.

Sorry Mook, but you still have that extra game under your sleeve.

I do think it might be either the Freedom or Sky Blue for #4, because the Pride, Philly and Breakers "are in"

21. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    There's so many pissed off people tonight. It's only gonna get worse by this weekend. Maybe Solo will call FCGP a bunch of Nazis and all hell will break loose.

And it'll be fabulous, 'cause I won't be here. :D

22. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    she fell doen and took itr like nothing was wrong. fuchking abby wombat. Ref was and asslhoold. almosat got caught by the cops. tsn ran\. basfae

23. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    so Mookie... what's wrong with your keyboard? :D :D

24. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    Warning:

Cuteness overload :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyi61b9NMXw"]YouTube-cuteness overload[/ame]

25. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    5 p.m.

I should be thinking about going to bed for a few hours, but I'm not really sleepy right now. Maybe in a couple hours.