Kk 177: I *heart* california!

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by cloudedmind, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I guess so. That's why I've been hiding it. hahaha

2. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  3. lockhart_13

lockhart_13 Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I love my country. I have no doubt in that, which is why I'm not desperate to prove it to anyone. I do not feel loving and appreciating what another national team puts on the field is any kind of betrayal. It is not like someone is trying to fly a plane into a building , they are watching a sports match. My mother was English and my connection to her heritage has given me a sense of world community that many of my peers don't seem to have. I have a great appreciation for what other nations, other cultures, bring to the world as a whole. Does that mean I don't love America? No it doesn't. It means that I don't feel the need to punch anyone in the face with a red, white, and blue fist.

4. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Lock, I like the way you put that. That's pretty much my attitude about the whole thing. To me that's one of the best things about living in America is being able to take in all the diversity.

Speaking of America is anyone catching the Swedish match tonight? Got my time zones mixed up.

5. lockhart_13

lockhart_13 Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Further thoughts:

I think you can love another country and still love your own. I feel this way because I live it. I don't, however, believe that you must have an immediate familial connection to that country to justify it. Nor do I believe it makes you less of an American. Three of my four closest friends were adopted. Two randomly claimed Ireland as their own. They say it is the heritage they feel the greatest affinity for, although I suspect it may have something to do with the beer.

Anyway, I think I'm done now. Anything further and I'll skid off head long into politics, which I will neither enjoy nor believe belongs in the KK.

6. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    WNT vs. SWE | 07/13/2010 | 8 p.m. CT | Morrison Stadium; Omaha, Neb.

Tomorrow night. 9 p.m., Eastern. :D

7. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Damn Facebook events! It said the event was today. I need to check my watch more often. Epic Fail.

8. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Sorry. :eek:

Even though I'm not happy about the match being later that normal, at least I'll be able to watch it when I get home from work. :)

9. wallacegrommit

Sep 19, 2005
    http://www.omaha.com/article/201007...titles-for-rampone-include-captain-soccer-mom

10. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I feel like I've been beaten up.

11. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because of the Ghana game?

12. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Nah. I napped too hard. Damn sweet pineapple dreams! :cool:

Oh oh and I'm retiring the Seger jokes. There will always be a place in my soccer heart for the "Spiciest Little Swedish Meatball in the Land", Miss Seger.

13. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Why? We still make Solo jokes. :D

14. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    "I could have made those posts!" Idk I just don't want anyone to take it personal or think that I don't appreciate Miss Seger and her tenacity. I still might refer to her as "The Spiciest Little Swedish Meatball in the Land", I feel that it was a bit genius. Rampone facts will never die.

Random Mookie fact: I can't hear "You are my Sunshine" without tearing up.

15. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm glad it rained a lot today. That's at least one drought that had ended.

16. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm up. I can't sleep. My sinuses are killing me. Late night shenanigans are in order.

17. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I need to go to sleep, but I'm still unwinding from work.

Oh, and I'm trying to think of creative things to do on Monday when I take my dad in for knee surgery Monday. I can only hang out at McDonald's (using their Wi-Fi) for so long.

I'm also trying to determine proper protocol. It's knee replacement surgery. Surgery should take about 2 hours. Recovery should be up to 4 hours, before he's put into a room. Should I hang out for 2 hours, then go home for 4 hours ... Should I drop him off and come back when he gets a room?

I'm not actually expected to sit in the hospital for 6+ hours, right?

18. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    If mooching off of McDonald's was a job, I would have been employee of the month. Never used the Wi-Fi in there, couldn't dip into my McDouble funds.

It's tough to stay at a hospital that long, no matter how good the free cable is. Maybe you could like stay for a hour until he gets settled in, leave, then once he's out of recovery return and chill with him in his room for a few hours.

19. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    these days, I can stay put of ours as long as i can keep myself occupied doing something, whether is reading a book, surfing, writing, knitting (no comment). The question Bon is, can you?

20. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    If I'm at home, yes. In a hospital? Not so much.

I'm leaning towards getting him settled in, waiting until he's out of surgery, then going home for 4 hours until they get him into a room. Hang out with him for a bit, then let him rest for the night.

21. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Sounds good. I hope all goes well with the surgery and your dad.

One of my pet peeves about hospitals is that damn fishing channel that the have on in the emergency room. If I'm dying or feel as such that's the last thing I want to remember.

22. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    It's just an odd feeling for me, period. None of the chairs are comfortable and I always feel like I don't belong there. Like I'm a bum or something. Weird, I know.

Of course, there's the 'no smoking on hospital property' thing which also tends to be a pain in my ass ... :D

23. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Well, I hope you get to sleep soon, Mookie. :) I think I'm gonna try and give it a shot before my head falls off my shoulders.

24. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'll try. Night night. :cool:

25. kittenbiscuits

kittenbiscuits New Member

May 8, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my dad had knee surgery on wednesday. On thursday i left him a voicemail saying i hoped it went well.

you are a much better daughter than i, Bonnie.