Kirovski hurt in friendly

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by BuffloSoldier, Aug 27, 2002.

1. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
  2. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A little confused here, and excuse my ignorance, but how can you play a friendly against a league opponent that you just played on Saturday?? Wouldn't you just wanna rest your players??

3. Eisern Union

Eisern Union New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    Berlin
    Or wouldn't it just be another name for a reserve match? In which case Jovan is playing with the reserves.

4. StEtienne

StEtienne Member

Mar 10, 2000
    USA
    No, it appears to be a scrimmage arranged to test the match fitness of Birmingham's new signings...Clinton Morrison played and came out unscathed; Jovan, apparently not so fortunate. http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/020827/4/d89f4.html

5. BuffloSoldier

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    http://www.football365.co.uk/All_News/Premiership_News/story_38974.shtml

6. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Crap - and Birmingham are on TV this weekend.

7. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    Is Kirovski's name really Murphy? He can't buy a break. It seems the overall Yanks Abroad picture is rather dire. Worse than even last year. It's strange because the US players keep getting better, we had a great WC, yet almost nothing has gone right. Not one move to a major foreign league, injuries to Mathis, Casey and Wolff, Donovan staying in MLS, Beasley's offers being withdrawn, McBride's controversial situation, JMM, Regis and Lewis in limbo, etc. Depressing.

8. maverick

maverick New Member

Mar 7, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Brighten Up...

Try enjoying MLS -- it's shaping up to be quite a postseason. And, don't fret, there's the December transfer window, too. I imagine we'll be seeing the one or other transfer right about then, including McBride and DMB, just not in the middle of our season. :)

9. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Seeing as how there have been periods when there was almost no one to follow, I'd say we're doing pretty good. Probably as many players on top level teams as I can remember us having. Especially since Casey and JK situations are only temporary.

10. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    This is a problem that never should have happened. And it seems to me to be a big mistake on the part of Birmingham City's medical staff.

He received a muscle injury only a few days before, yet they allowed him to play in this game anyway. Now Jovan's paying the price, and who knows how long it will be before he finally makes his debut? A damaged thigh muscle could take a full month to heal. Maybe more.

11. helmzgk

helmzgk New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    california
    hey hey hey guys, not to be concerned. Hejduk made a move to some god forsaken team in Switzerland!

12. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Not at all depressing . Joyous even. MLS just keeps getting stronger and stronger. The young US players are kicking ass. Why go to Europe to ride pine when you can develop here and help US soccer even more? if that is depressing, we need more of it!!

13. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Re: Brighten Up...

a question regarding this...

once the mls season is over can teams bring over mls players on trials? like when mcbride went over to PNE. i would think that a few teams in europe wouldnt mind have a few mls'ers joining the team (i.e. beasley, mathis, mcbride, etc.)

or do they have to wait for the transfer window to bring these players in?

14. BuffloSoldier

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Every club in Europe is under that deadline. Nobody can move from MLS to an European club (or club to club within Europe, or otherwise) until Jan 1 after Saturday.

So don't expect anybody from MLS to go on a loan or transfer until ought-three.

15. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    so buff, can they go over and train on a trial basis like josh wolff did with blackburn?

16. BuffloSoldier

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Training, not sure--doubt there's a problem with that, but in the UK, there might be...
    http://www.workpermits.gov.uk/default.asp?pageid=1591