kinnear and spencer to rapids

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by joga soccer, Sep 2, 2006.

1. joga soccer

joga soccer New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    i have heard that,they are in line to take over next year.
    my friend knows a friend off spencer's and he said they would both love to come to colorado next year.but i think that the kronke group need to get the cheque book out to pay them both.

2. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    ...which is why Clavijo's contract was extended?

Unless Kroenke just made a killing on a Walmart in Uzbekistan, there's no freaking way.

3. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Well, they may have extended Clavijo's contract a year to keep their options open. Afterall, he's likely one of the lower paid coaches in the league. Having to buy a year out shouldn't be too big of a hit. I wouldn't say it precludes bringing in another coach, especially if the Rapids don't make the playoffs.

Keep in mind that some of the stinginess we've seen from KSE may be due to the hit they took from the NHL strike at the very time they were coming up with cash for the new stadium in Commerce City. It may be with the new stadium being completed, they're looking to do something to generate more interest on the field by having a better team. Afterall what's the use of having a new stadium if you don't get butts in the seats?

That said, I have a hard time seeing Kinnear and Spencer coming into CO next year. Both as a package or as individuals.

4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clavijo's contract was extended for 2 years.

Spencer maybe, but there's no way Houston lets Kinear walk to Colorado.

5. Chung'sleftboot

Chung'sleftboot New Member

Apr 3, 2004
    Yeah, they were talking about a ski trip! :)