Kim Young Kwang!!

Discussion in 'Korea' started by sac517, Jul 8, 2005.

1. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    I think you're underestimating him a little bit. Back in the days of 2000 olympics era, he was one of our best players, and he was a sure pick to succeed Kim BJ and Lee WJ in our NT. He is quite talented AND he also has the perfect physical features for a keeper.

He's just had trouble with his conditioning and confidence. That's all... he's doing terrific for Busan I'cons from what I've heard.

2. PersianSaam14

PersianSaam14 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2005
    Dubai
    Kim young kwang is super, I think bonfrere should start usin him in sum friendlies b4 the world cup. He convinced me as a keeper in the 2 games against iran u23.

3. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    pretty much what K_19 said.

he's good, but not great.

but if I were to pick top 5 goalies in Korea right now, he would definitely be one of them. he was awesome during the 2000 Olympic team era. like Hiddink said on his biography, the guy had problems with conditioning and taking care of his own body.

but even the master admitted that he is a good goalie. he said that he wished he would've taken him to the World Cup, but Choi Eun-sung was such a hardworker so he decided to take him instead of Kim Yong-dae who couldn't take care of himself.

4. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005

Kim Young-dae sounds like a 15 year old drug addict

5. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005

they say Cha KS is 195 cm..wow...6'6"

6. taegukgi2004

taegukgi2004 New Member

Jan 10, 2005

great idea...i also think he is a good but not great keeper...Perhaps, let the noobie get some experience to see how he performs..... I don't think many of us knew he woon jae lee before the world cup and certaintly i didn't....

7. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Let him play in that upcoming tournament with N.Korea, Japan and China.

8. forzakr

forzakr New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well actually Lee Woon-jae first earned his spotlight in WC 94, when he subbed Choi Young-il in the last match versus Germany.

He was sick for a while and then had to take the back up position to Kim Byung-ji for a couple of years before blossoming in WC 2002, so it wouldn't accruate to say that he was unknown :)

9. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    Kim had a couple of shaky moments yesterday against Suwon, though there was pretty much nothing he could have done to stop either of the goals - Ahn Hyo-yun's run was unstoppable and the finish was a cracker, and Sandro's header came from almost point-blank range again giving him very little chance.

10. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    i say lee woon jae starter for at least after 2006 wc.....and plus there is barely any chance lee will get dropped for kim anyway cuz boner made lee captain of the team...