Kids with Automatic Weapons

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Cascarino's Pizzeria, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Cascarino's Pizzeria BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
  2. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw some of the video of those AQ juniors, and it was pretty disturbing.

I'd like a link to the actual blog, so I can see those two pics in context and read what the blogger has to say. Also more about the boy scouts in the second picture.

3. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you seriously equating the Boy Scouts with islamo terrorist youth

4. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The problem with kids today is that they have automatic everything and don't understand the value of labor and accomplishment. Kids should only be given manual guns.

5. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. Way too many innocent people are being shot in gang crossfire because the damn gang bangers only know how to squeeze and spray. Teach the sons of bitches how to shoot and they'd only be killing each other. ;)
    Screw that. The first thing I learned to shoot was a bow and arrow. Make them work their way up.

6. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would allow the less athletic kids to use crossbows. It's only fair.

7. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    I once had a birthday party at this place.

[youtube]ynCsFZ3AS3E[/youtube]

8. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    No.

But the 12 yr. olds running around with M-16s at Schofield Barracks is disturbing. Especially when there have been 3 or 4 spree killings in recent wks. with one guy taking out the city council.

9. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [gun kook]The only answer is obvious! Give every person over age 3 a free .45 and a free box of ammo a month and then we'll all be safe and secure![/gun kook]

10. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    We have to get them ready for Iraq somehow.

12. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am going to Los Angeles to see my own name on a screen, five feet long and luminous

13. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When alcohol and drugs were seen as a threat to school children, school boards across the nation coordinated on a lesson plan of drug education and avoidance and taught this program to youth during school.

When out-of-control sex and resulting youth pregnancies were seen as a threat to school children, school boards across the nation coordinated on a lesson plan of sexual education and avoidance programs and instructed this program to youth during school.

Yet when firearm violence affects youth, school boards largely put their head in the sand, preach zero tolerance, and end there! It seems long overdue for a national firearms training program for all youth in public schools. If there is political reluctance from school boards to an NRA-type course then perhaps a neutral third-party should step up to teach it. But ignoring the issue will not make it go away. We teach youth nothing about guns in school and what they do learn (unless they are fortunate to have sportsmen as parents) is from television and that is largely violent.

What is missing in this issue is firearms instruction for youth to counter the abuse of them in the nation.

14. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is like a pitch meeting for television comedy writers. Seriously, you should go work for CBS or something.

"Ok! So I got this idea - a HIGH SCHOOL CLASS ON GUN SAFETY! Charlie, what do you got?"

The difference between GUNS and SEX is that the primary purpose of sex is not to destroy/kill something. The primary purpose of booze is not to destroy or kill something (except a few braincells).

Note: I'm probably in a very small percentage of people who A) hates guns and B) has zero interest in making them illegal.

15. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The following will likely fall on deaf ears but it worth saying nonetheless; there is not a single instance, in the entire distinguished history of firearms, of them killing anything on their own. Guns do not kill; people kill. Thus the mandate for their education and mastery, particularly for youth.

16. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just check my sig

17. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    :) Truth.

Then move them up to BB guns and only when they can sink a beer can floating away on the creek can they have a rifle.

18. wallacegrommit

Sep 19, 2005
    When a kook comes after me with a gun, I definitely do not want him to know how to use it. Anything that increases the chances that the gun will jam, blow up in his hands or make him shoot himself by mistake are all good in my book.

19. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shooting at targets floating in water is inherently dangerous due to the potential of ricochet from shooting at targets at an oblique angle and the potential of the bullet, even a low caliber one, to skip off of the water surface out of control. Firearms classes in schools would advance such common knowledge and more to students.

20. m1150

m1150 New Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Cigarettes never killed anyone by themselves either. I suppose kids should receive "education and mastery" in cigarettes?

21. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Fixed