Kezman to Barca !!!!

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by krazbo, Oct 23, 2003.

1. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    http://skysports.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=169219&cpid=9

Ok, if this is truth, Laporta should give him a superb contract. Few facts about him:
    He is one of the hottest strikers in Europe
    He almost won a golden shoe award last year- around 35 goals!!! ( Makaay was better because he played in Spain)
    He is out of contract in summer - no fee to pay!!!
    He is a ball winner type of player with perfect passes and he is very affective too

I just not know how in S&M ( ex Yugoslavia) status in Spain, are they EU citizens or not?! bosman rule(they are not in EU)

2. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have read much about him but never seen him play. He is non-eu, so that would have to be dealt with, but Turkey should be EU by next year so Recber will no longer take up a spot.

interesting move it it happens.

now, can we sell PK9 in January for enough money to make it worthwhile

3. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

kezman is outstanding, but the point about makaay scoring more because he played in spain is just silly

4. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Kezman is better than Kluivert IMO
    he will no doubt help the team

5. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    Re: Re: Kezman to Barca !!!!

I think he meant to say that Makay received the Golden boot last year because it’s given out under a system which takes into account the strength of the league. So Kezman scored more goals last year but Makay got the award.

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    WOW!

Kezman is a scoring machine. And FC Barcelona need help scoring...problem fixed...lol. I love watching Kezman play in the Dutch league.

Now Barcelona and Real Madrid can really fight it out in La Liga.

Wish FSW would get it's head out of it's a** and televise La Liga. Screw the French league!

7. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Re: Re: Re: Kezman to Barca !!!!

i am aware of the factoring (2 for la liga, 1.5 for eredivisie), however makaay still scored more goals than kezman (39 to 35 IIRC)

in any event, i hope he moves to barca so i can root for him... and to get him away from psv!

8. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    Really don’t think Makay got that many in the league. That would have been a truly historical achivment.

9. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
  10. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

don't they include european scoring?

11. dcunited4life

dcunited4life New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Seoul
    Kezman has been incredible in the Dutch League and I would love to see him in Barca uniform. One thing that worries me is that he tends to disappear when he plays in the Champions League and for his country. It would be interesting to see him play in La Liga. He is definitely one of the most ruthless finishers I've seen in a while.

12. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

but to be fair... so does his whole team

13. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
  14. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just as long as we get him. We need him now, but the Summer is so far off and who knows what could happen between now and then. But this does make me feel better after the Rustu speculation.

15. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Re: Re: Re: Kezman to Barca !!!!

This`s exactly what I meant

16. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    You must know something. Yugoslavian ( now S&M)players are something special in their own way. They give 110% in matches for the club. but when the national matches come, they dont give even 60% of their quality. I dont know why but it has been so for a very long time. The S&M national team is capable to win against Brazil, France, Italy... but they will lose against third class teams. The same story happened when they came to WC and EC. (in 70s and 80s they could won the WC. They were leading 2-0 against Germany, they thought that they won, they started to joking and they got 2 goals in 90th minute and one more in extra time. Later Germany won WC).
    So dont afraid that he wont perform well.
    And one more think. Ronaldo and I think Romario (I am not sure) came from PSV and they bouth played superb for Barca. Kezman could be the next Barca star!!!

17. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes they did but..PSV didn't do much for their development. However, Mateja Kezman is much different. It looks like Barca will lose Rustu next season because Rijkaard is not giving him his just respect by starting him.

Kezman would do great for barca, it appears another Eastern European player well be a star player for Barca.

18. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Ronnie, Marquez, Saviola are already non-EU players. Ok if Rustu goes, there will be place for one more-lets say Kezman. But I would like to see Riquelme playing for Barca next year!!!! Thats 5 non-EU players. If you ask me another stupid board decission-WE WILL NOT SIGN KEZMAN ->(my response ???? :confused: ???????:confused:?????)

19. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Finally a voice of reason here. All Kezman said was that he would like to play for Barça. It mentioned nothing about anyone signing him. He also said he would play for the team that will make hiim the best offer.

As much as I'd like to see him at Camp Nou, I doubt it'll happen for EU reasons alone. Even if Saviola gets an Italian passport and Rustu hits the road, I don't think Barça will be able to present the most enticing offer given their financial status. Also, if they're not playing CL football next season (hopefully they will be) that'll be the final nail in the coffin.

Then again, stranger things have happened.

20. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True. Everyone would like to play for Barca. I'd also like Riquelme to come back to Barca. However, I feel that sacrificing Rustu because Rijkaard is a Retard (hey it rhymes) is beyond me.

21. RoverMax

RoverMax Member

May 4, 2003
    NYC
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kezman to Barca would be huge. He has been excellent the few times I have seen him play and he could be a great player for Barcelona. He would be a great signing for free. The one problem would be that he is non-EU, but since Turkey is joining he will have a place on the squad.

22. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    "Arsenal have reportedly been beaten by Barcelona for PSV Eindhoven striker Mateja Kezman.
    The Serbia & Montenegro international made a 'come-and-get-me' plea to the Gunners last week.

However, the News of the World says Kezman has come to an agreement with Barca, despite Arsenal pressing the striker to move to Highbury.

Kezman had agreed a deal with Joan Gaspart at Barcelona last season before he was ousted by new president Joan Laporta. "

We will see, but this would realy be a huge signing- and for free too.
    But I dont know where did you heard that Turky will be in EU next year (I didnt say that, as far as I know they have some diplomatic difficulties with Greece over Cyper, so they will not be in EU until thinks are solved).
    BTW, we won, finally!!!