Kevin Stott is a piece of ************.

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by The Ghost of BillR4, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Mathis avoids a career ending tackle from behind and earns a red card from that little piece of ************ Stott for giving pussy Allegra a nudge with his boot.

MLS will not survive with refs like Stott running the show.

************ Stott, he is a dripping ************.

2. el

el BigSoccer Yellow Card

Dec 12, 1998
    Mathis is a piece of ...........

3. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Well, without cursing, I agree. Jose "Instant Red" Allegria (any dc trolls remember that game?) comes in very late on a ball and rolls into Mathis's legs.

Mathis kicked the ball out with his right foot, which leaves his right foot up in the air. Allegria, is now laying underneath him (where is that technique of tackling taught, btw?). Clint brings his right foot down and steps on Allegria's back. Now, I can't prove he didn't do it on purpose, but I can't prove he did either. He had to put his foot down, and Allegria was underneath him. I think he meant to bring it down near him, but I don't think he stepped on him maliciously. Allegria starts rolling around on the ground and holding his head (the foot was mid back, and NEVER touched his head).

I have this on tape, and will re-watch at half time. It seemed a pretty sh!t red card. I am not a homer, and I would criticize Clint if I think he did this on purpose- but this was not a Roy Keane retaliation special. Clint has killed the team with his antics before, but this was not Redneck gone wild. This was ref gone stupid. I really think Stott made an error on this one, and I would like to know why Allegria was (1) rolling on the ground like he'd been stabbed (2) was holding his head like he'd been kicked when he wasn't even touched near the head/neck (3) what he was doing under Mathis to begin with and (4) how he was able to make a miracle recovery as soon as Mathis was carded to come back within 20 seconds from an injury he made out to be so serious.

4. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    It was his left foot (that kicked Alegria in the back).

I honestly think he did it on purpose. It wasn't like he was just putting his foot back down on the ground, he definitely did it with force. Obviously Alegria made a meal of it but it was still a foul.

5. It's a foul but not a red card. Allegra commited the foul, easily a yellow and if you really want to honor FIFA's spirit of the laws, it is a red to Allegra for coming in from behind. If Mathis was the pussi that Allegra is, he'd have dived and rolled all around like that little cu-t Allegra.

Stott is as big a cu-t as Alllegra. They probably list each other as "significant others".

If you can be assaulted as Mathis was in the MLS and get sent off for being the victim, then next time Mathis should step on that little cu-t's throat instead.

6. Haig

Haig Member+

May 14, 2000
    METROSTARS
    Club:
    --other--
    What the hell kept Mathis from just falling square onto Alegria? The tap he gave with his foot was just stupid, even if it was to keep his balance. If he wanted to break a rib, he could have done that with his foot (and got banned for several games) or just landed ass-down on Alegria (and not even received a yellow).

As it was, it looked like a petty little "message" Mathis was trying to send. Maybe Stott went to the red too quickly, but Mathis screwed up big-time.

7. It was a message, and I agree, next time we ought to send such a message, someone from DC should be leaving in an ambulance.

Allegria deserved the red for the tackle from behind and Mathis needs to send no message if the ref is doing his job.

Stott deserves a failing assessment and if he does not get it, then this league is ************************.

8. el

el BigSoccer Yellow Card

Dec 12, 1998
    If Diallo did or Faria did it we would crucify them,come on lets be real.This game may have been the year you cant put the team in a position where an official may red card you. I dont care if he is your poster boy.The guy has 4 goals in 14 games this year and now this , he has been awful. I dont care that he scored ONE goal in the wc or has a stupid haircut, he hasnt done anything for the team this year. Yet all we do is say Faria sucks, Petke this and that etc etc. They have done much more things for this team than Mathis and they have heart which he doesnt.

9. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Automatic red card, Mathis knew it too, which was why he was apologizing his ass off instead of arguing.

10. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'd probably enjoy the sport more if you understood the rules.

11. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    every single week you Met fans are pissing about the refs. As bad as we have sucked in NE historically, at least we were good enough sports not to blame the refs.If you suck( and you do), just admit it.

12. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland

The last 2 games are the only 2 that the majority of people on this board have bitched about the refs, and the last two games (thursday in particular) most people not affiliated with either team have agreed the refs were atrocious. As to Rev fans not blaming the refs, don't even try and make that claim, since you all start crying from the second the final whistle blows. "They don't protect TnT. He's our hero! Why can't they protect him against mean people! He's just so damn good that everybody wishes they were him!" Twellman is good, but you all make him out to be the next Pele and a Rape victim all at the same time.

JMac

13. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, keep blaming the refs. It wasn't Stott who left Convey essentially unmarked at the top of the area, and it wasn't Stott who let Curtis get behind the defense on the counter-attack. Further, it wasn't Stott who pulled all your attackers and decided to bunker with about half an hour left.

Face it, you guys played like crap. Blaming the ref is just plain stupid.

14. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    He was paying tribute to the idol of all South American players - Diego Maradonna, the fall down king of world futbol.

15. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    You'd probably enjoy the sport more if you had a team.

And, right, revs/dc fans have never complained about a ref once. Ever. They are amazing.

16. el

el BigSoccer Yellow Card

Dec 12, 1998
    Thats an automatic red card,no need to argue everyone who knows soccer knows thats a red,if a DC player did it we would say it was an automatic red,im a metros fan but I see reality.He deserved it.

17. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Bill go back and honestly watch the replay a day later now that you've had a chance to reflect on last night's events. That challenge from Alegria was a foul. It was clumsy and maybe it deserved a caution, that is debateable. One thing the challenge was certainly not career ending. The other thing is that Clint retaliated and deserved to be punished. You might argue a caution, but in my book you have to be firm and send a player off. Keep the game from becoming a farce. You can't stomp on another player.

Stott was not bad. He was much better than St. Silva.