Kerry Won?!

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Pathogen, Nov 5, 2004.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Chill guys. The provisional votes are being counted, so we will get the final totals. The Senator himself said that if he saw any chance of moving ahead of the President he would not have conceded the election.

2. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    While he does say a disproportionate number of spoiled ballots come from minority precincts, he doesn't site the actual figures. Historically 51% come from black precincts.

He also doesn't discuss the percentage of overvote/undervote ballots among the spoilage and he ignores uncounted absentee and military ballots.

There is a reason Kerry conceded.

3. FulhamRev

FulhamRev Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I usually like Palast (great reporting on the purging of African American voters in Florida 2000), but his numbers would require that close to 80% of the discarded ballots in Ohio and Florida were votes for Kerry for his "Kerry wins" scenerio to play out. Note how he avoids telling you this number throughout the article. Pretty Hacktackular!

4. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I love liberal logic. The exit polls with a sample of 500 were accurate and representative but the actual counting of 120 million real votes were inaccurate. Yeah, okay, whatever. Kooks, I say!

5. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There were 10, count'em TEN, states where Bush lost by a smaller margin of votes than Kerry lost Ohio.

6. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    The "Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe" has blessed the results. Now if we can get Jimmy Carter to weigh in perhaps we can finally put this puppy to bed.